Thursday, March 5, 2009

Miss Anya & a Contest!!

Hello & Happy Thursday to you all! I am not a very happy camper today I must say :o( My laptop has crashed and the antibiotics I got for my sinus infection are not working as well as they should. Let's just say that my laptop crashing, is like lightning has struck me down. I have no access to my files, pictures, emails or anything. I'm hoping hubby is able to fix it today, if not we'll have someone come look at it on Friday. I'm able to use our desktop and downloaded Photoshop on it, but cannot do as much as I'd like to get done. Anywho, don't wanna bring ya down w/ my cloud, so we'll move on---LOL!


I am a lucky girl this month though---Marie of The Greeting Farm has asked me to be a Guest Designer for the month of March---Yahooooo! So I'll be sharing different projects with you all month featuring these wonderful stamps! Today my card uses a stamp from the "Miss Anya Collection"---great images for teens & grown-girls too! She's colored w/ Copics and I added stickles to her headband and skirt--a girls gotta have some bling ya know--LOL!

The fun clothing dp is by Colorbok (from JoAnns)--loved the colors in it! I also used a sketch I made for this month's challenge over on Susana's (SCACD) PaperCraft Planet site! And I was lucky enough to have these fabby Petaloo flowers w/ bling in my stash--matched perfectly! The sentiment is from Gina K's "Retro Boutique"--so fitting! Make sure and stop by The Greeting Farm to see all the fabby stamps--including some new fairies!
*****************************************************
Okay, I've got some newsbitz for ya today that you won't wanna miss:

Susana of Susana's Custom Art & Card Design is running a contest to find 2 Guest Designers for the store for the month of April! Here's the deets for ya:


Want to Be a Guest Designer for a Month?

Susana from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design is running a fun contest starting today, March 5th thru the 12th to find 2 Guest Designers for the month of April! She is looking for a Guest Designer for the store to promote "Anki's Sweethearts"stamps and one designer to promote "Lockhart Stamps" for the store as well. Each designer will receive a set of stamps to work with and the requirement is to make 3 cards a week for the month of April! Both designers will also get a ONE-TIME-ONLY discount of 10% to Susana's store!

How do you enter?
First you need to have a blog and we need your blog address!! You can then get all the details at the PaperCraft Planet sites for SCACD and Fans of Karen Lockhart and also the store blog, Follow Your Heart--all the details will be on these sites. You can enter one time for each site's contest by sending a picture of your best & original work to me (Suzanne by email)--if you enter for each site, you must send in an original work of art for each though! Stamps from Susana's store ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER, but if you have some & want to use them--then great! You also need to answer this question along with your entry "What makes you the best choice for the Design Team?".

Sound like Fun? Hurry and send your BEST work by March 12th for a chance to be on a Fun & Fabulous DT for a month!! You never know, we might love ya so much we might want to keep ya on the team for a bit longer!! :o) Please send your entries with the subject line "Guest Design Team Submission--Lockhart or SCACD"!

*******************************************************

Second bit of news, make sure and stop by Susana's store blog today for a great tutorial by Susan Dube on making flap envelopes and journal cards--fun & easy to make!

Alright, lots of tidbits to take in---take the time to apply for this contest, cuz' ya never know and I'd love to work with you!

hugz,

Suzanne

13 comments:

  1. So sorry about both you and your laptop not feeling well! Hope you both will have a speedy recovery.

    Your Anya card is gorgeous! I love those stamps, must order some! =0)

    Get well, and big hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you and your laptop both a speedy recover! love the pink girly card - those Anyas are starting to get to me and I may just have to get one or two after all! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coloring on Miss Anya and the glitter really makes it!! Hope you start to feel better soon. =)
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card! Love the paper - I have it and haven't figured out how to use it just yet. You've given me a great idea! Love Miss Anya! Too cute and of course, she's colored just beautifully! Congrats on the Guest DT spot! Can't wait to see what you do with these babies. They're precious! Hope the laptop gets fixed soon. :( And also that you feel better. I'm on the upswing of mine and trying to stay on that route.

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big congrats Suzanne on being the Greeting Farm Guest DT! I love this cute image and all the bling on your fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute card! This looks so hip and sassy and your coloring looks awesome as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Suzanne I am so sorry to hear about the antibiotics and the computer! That is so frustrating! I hope everything gets back to normal real soon!

    But this card is fanatastic! Congratulations on the guest DT positon! MArie is lucky to have you! I just adore this Miss Anya and the way you colored her in and laid out the card! Truly beautiful!!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I want this Anya set so badly, she's so sassy :) Great colors, love it!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hate to hear about you not feeling good AND the laptop! Yikes! Your card is real cute - you did a great job and glad you have the desktop computer to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the way you colored that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh i just LOVE how you did this!!!! Her coloring is amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautful card!! I love this sketch! Your coloring is perfect as usual.

    Congrats on your DT gig with TGF!! They are lucky to have you!!

    Smiles, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your laptop and not feeling well...
    Your Anya card is so pretty! And your coloring is gorgeous! Congratulations on your DT Guest!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover