Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Smooches to Ya!!

Hi & Happy Tuesday! I have to tell you that for a few days, I actually enjoyed not having my laptop attached to my hip, LOl! It was kind of a breather for me and I got some spring cleaning done, watched a TV show from beginning to end & even read a whole book--WOW! But yesterday after getting my laptop back I was all set to catch up and get back to business, ya know! Well the universe had other plans for me I guess---my email wasn't working and it just turned into an all day nightmare and I didn't get much done at all, ARGGHHHHH! But I think I fixed it and so I'm off and running (so to speak).....


I pulled out a new Lockhart image that I recieved from my friend Susana--this is "Cottage Flowers" and you can get it at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design. This sketch is actually one that I created for the "Fans of Karen Lockhart" site on PaperCraft Planet for the month of March. Create a card using this sketch and make it monochromatic, upload it at PCP and you could win a prize at the end of the month--details HERE!! I love monochromatic cards--so very elegant! This dp, ribbon & cs is all from Paper Trey Ink.

And I'm happy to announce that Susana is now carrying the single pots of Flower Soft--yahooo! I colored my image with Copics first and then added my flower soft in "lavender" and "summer mix". The great thing about the single colors is that you can create your own "mixes" so keep that in mind! I keep all my colors in small plastic (tupperware-like) containers--its easier to use that way instead of trying to smoosh it back into the pot! I have a tutorial on my sidebar on how to use it if you're interested in checking it out! And if you're worried about mailing it, don't be---it dries hard & doesn't rub off :o) And those are Bella Baubles in Merlot in the corners--love them, because they come in lots of different shapes and color variations in one bottle!

This close-up shows the flower soft, the Diamond Glaze on the jar and also a *NEW* product called "SMOOCH" (at Susana's Custom Art) which I used lightly on the leaves in green apple. This is a fun metallic paint that comes in cool nailpolish like bottles. I got to use this at CHA & LOVED it! You can use it on everything---the end of the cap has a pointed sponge tip which makes it super easy to apply to your stamped images! Make sure and check out all the fun colors HERE!

Second card today is for the "Try It Out Tuesday" Challenge for Susana's store blog, Follow Your Heart! I challenged the DT to a sketch challenge (my favorite) again---you can see the sketch over on the store blog! I used one of the "Anki's Sweetheart" stamps "Young Julia with Purse"--isn't she just a cutie-pie--she's my fave out of them all! I paired her up with a Whiff of Joy background stamp that you can find here. I colored her with Copics, cut her out & popped her up on dimensionals---I also paper pieced her lil' shirt! The dp is by K&Company--

The white beads are new Metallic Dew Drops---they come in multiple colors and I just love them! The sentiment is from PTI's "Around & About Sentiments" set--I cut it out with my scalloped nestabilities and then punched the center out too so I could add some more of the dp to the middle of my circle!


I used Flower Soft again in "shamrock green" for the grass and the same Apple Green Smooch on some of the leaves. Of course there is some Diamond Stickles too--on her purse, hairbands & some of the flowers!


Make sure and stop by the store blog, Follow Your Heart to see the DT's take on my sketch challenge---fab projects for you to see! And if you haven't gotten some Flower Soft, head over to Susana's to check it out!


And help me welcome Aud Nordheim as a permanent member of Susana's DT! She wowed us with all her beautiful projects & promotion of the store during her Guest DT spot, so we just had to keep her on!

Also, if you haven't entered for a chance at becoming a Guest Designer for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design, you only have until March 12th to do so!! You can see all the details HERE.


hugz,


Suzanne



16 comments:

  1. Love what you did with Julia! It really looks like Spring ot me! Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzer, your Lockhart card is gorgeous!!!
    Beautiful sketch and Julia looks fabulous!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya!!
    GORGEOUS cards!! LOVE that flowersoft-ed lockhart image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. two beautiful cards and love how you added the flowersoft to them both. hugs,annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Lockhard card! The soft colors and ribbon with the pretty flower image look wonderful!
    The Anki card is adorable! I love how you paper pieced her and used such fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You completely amaze me! You make the most stunning creations! I must have that flowersoft now! It adds so much texture and interest and I love the way you mad the purple card! Gorgeous! I could stare at it all day! The anki card is so fun as well! Those beautiful circles and the amazing coloring are superb! Love the way you popped her off! A fun and beautiful card1

    Hope that all your computer problems are fixed! That is bad to do without e-mail!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh - these are so stinkin' cute!! Wow, I am going to have to get some lockheart stamps and flower soft!! These are so beautiful. I also wanted to take the time to thank you for putting together the copic tutorials on your blog - they have been very helpful! Your coloring is amazing! :)
    ~Tori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Suzanne the Queen of Flower Soft Town!!! Way to wield the sprinkles :o) Love the brightness and fun of the Anki and the detail in the Lockhart!!!
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic creations Suzanne. I'm so drooling over the Lockhart creations. Such rich, regal colors and your colors is perfections.

    Your Julia card is too sweet. Love the paper pieced shirt and the extra bling is fabulous!

    Thanks for such a great sketch to work with!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you A-MAZE me!! Both of these cards are spectacular. I'm partial to the Lockhart one, of course, but really love both of them. Your composition and ability to make the images jump off the page just leave me in awe! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Suzanne, both of these cards are gorgeous. I love the images on both and the papers you've used. That image on the second card is so cute, what an adorable little girl, coloured beautifully of course as always! hope you have a good week hunny, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fantastic. You are so so so talented. How do you like the flower soft?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are wonderfuL! But purple being my most favorite color, I adore that card! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards!♥♥♥ Love all the bright colors, makes me long even more for spring and summer! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty!!Love the flower soft and that Smooch is great!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover