Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Flower Power!!

Hello and Happy Wednesday! Wow, its the middle of the week already---weekend is almost here, hee hee! Today its supposed to be 75 degrees & sunny so my windows will be wide open & the doggies will get a long walk--love this weather. Spring is certainly on its way here in Virginia--I saw blooming daffodils yesterday & it made me smile :o) My mom is coming up on Friday for the weekend, and we're heading into Washington, DC on Saturday to see "A Chorus Line" at the theatre! Can't wait to see it, I love, love the theatre and this was my birthday gift to my mom last month--so it should be alot of fun!

Today is Whatchadoin' Wednesday over at the Storage Units, Ink & More blog! I only have one more challenge for SUINK this month, since sadly this is my last month as a designer for them--my 6 month term is up. I've had a blast playing with these awesome stamps and will continue to keep up with all the new designers for sure!


Today's challenge was to use traditional spring & Easter colors on your card--easy peasy! I used the "You're Some Bunny Special" set (which I love) paired up with this spring-y dp from the DCWV stack "Sweet"! I colored with Copics and added some stickles to her lil' coat and hat. The fun flowers are from a pack of K&Co. embellies. Make sure and stop by the store blog to check out the rest of the DT's great projects today!

Second card today, is another sneak peek of some of the NEW Guardian Angels that will be released by Whiff of Joy on the 22nd! This Angel was created to be a First Communion, Confirmation or Baptismal angel by Elisabeth Bell, but of course you could use her for many occasions.


I think she's just lovely so I kept all my colors very soft & serene. The dp is from Basic Grey's "Porcelain" paired with SU cs. I created a dimensional frame for her with my Nestabilities so she seems to float. I added some Kaiser pearls, a corner punch, and the sentiment is from PTI's "Heartfelt Basics". And of course she had to get a nice coat of Angel Wingz Shimmerz--so pretty! Such a lovely angel--do you love her as much as me? Check out the rest of the WOJ DT projects this week for more lovely peeks (on my sidebar).

Off to enjoy the day--hope you are too!

hugz,

Suzanne



18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Suzanne.
    The papers used on the first one are so happy, smiley papers.
    Can't wait for these new WOJ stamps tho'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are so pretty Suzanne, gorgeous colouring, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little angel looks like my Victoria... She is gorgeous! Love the colors on her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. two more beautiful cards you have made. I love the bright fun colours with the Easter card and the cute image. And the WOJ angel is so pretty and delicate on your second card with those beautiful papers. the sun is shining here in Cornwall too! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous! I really love how serene the angel looks!

    Smiles,

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh! these are both CUUUUUUUUUTE! Love the FRESH SPRING colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so sweet and springy...I love them! Your little SU ink girl is too sweet and I LOVE that DP! It was 71 here yesterday in Chicago and I was SOOO happy! Hope the good weather blew your way! Great guest spot on TGF yesterday...awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifully stunning! Both cards!
    LOVE the flowers in the first card especially.
    And the new WOJ image kinda looks like you! ;O)
    Thanks for sharing....I just love how you color in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. simply stunning work i love them
    linniex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty cards! I can't wait for those new images from WOJ! So cute! I love how you colored all of your images and the use of your embellishments!
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards! Love the spring card, those flowers are adorable. Your WOJ card is absolutely stunning, love it!
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are gorgeous!! I love the angel she is beautiful. Thanks for the peak!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *SQUEALS* Those cards are GORGEOUS! WOW, look at that WOJ sneak peek....so beautiful! Your projects always are anyway, Suzanne! Heard you had fun at Marti's class...I got to see some of the pictures! *LOL* Wish I had been around too...next time I'll just have to tell Bart I'm going to a class...hahahahaa...

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Suzanne, your WWC card doesn't get any springyer (hee, hee is that a work?) than that. Absolutely ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzanne your WOJ card is gorgeous!! Your coloring is a work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful & lovely as alwyas. The paper you used for the WOJ is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! 75 degrees, I sure hope that means spring is here to stay!! And the cards definitely put me in the mood! I am so sorry to hear you are leaving you have done an amazing job at SUINK! This card is incredible! Teh papers are so pretty and the coloring and those gorgeous paper flowers really make this card. But that WOJ card is unbelieveable! I can hardly wait to get her now! The papers are so soft and pretty and the shine on her wings really makes her look heavinly! Incredible job!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card looks Fabulous. The flowers really add a great touch. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover