Saturday, March 28, 2009

Knights & Princesses!!

Hello & Happy Saturday everyone! Hope you're getting a good start on your weekend already! We actually have nothing special planned other than some shopping for a couple of new rugs and possibly a stop at Joann's & Michaels (hee hee)! Not such a nice weekend here in VA--doesn't feel very spring like at all Hope better weather is on its way real soon!!

Blog Candy #1 is still open until tonight at midnight--you can enter HERE.
Blog Candy #2 is open until Sunday at midnight--enter HERE.
Blog Candy #3 will be up tomorrow to end my weeklong Blogaversary!!

My first project today is a Medieval dinner invite I made using some of the Whiff of Joy Medieval Collection stamps. I love this castle image and have lots of plans for it to use with some of my knight & fairy stamps. I made a revised tri-fold invite for a dinner party. This dp is from Paper Pizazz and I thought it was very appropriate for these stamps :o) I stamped some swirl stamps from Verve on top of the paper to add some more character to the paper.

On the inside, I colored w/ Copics the "Great Hall" scene and added some stickles to the fire and some silver spica glitter pen to the metal areas on the image (cups, plates, chandelier). I printed all the writing onto cream cs from my computer. I ink distressed all the edges using my Inkssentials Distress tool. This would also make a cute kids birthday card or invitation by switching out the "great hall" image for the "dragon" & "knight".
So many possiblities!SmileyCentral.com


Second card today uses this cute "Princess Anya" stamp from The Greeting Farm--love these gals! I kept it kinda simple so she was the main focus of the card and I love this dp from DCWV "Whimsy" stack. Colored with copics and I added stickles to her dress, wand, and crown. That lovely ribbon is Doodlebug Boutique Trims--so fun! Just a fun, pretty card to give!

I also have a new video tutorial up on my sidebar under "Other Video Tutorials" about tying bows & flat knots if you're interested. You can also see it here:

Have a great Saturday & don't forget to stop by tomorrow to enter for one final BLOWOUT BLOG CANDY!!!

hugz,
Suzanne

SmileyCentral.com

21 comments:

  1. Wow great cards Suzanne and thanks for the new video tutorial!
    xAndrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, love the princess! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Suzanne, so many gorgeous makes since my last visit, each one is so different but equally as stunning, thank you for sharing! have a great weekend, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great invitation - does this mean we're all invited? ;-)

    Little Anya is too cute and I love that boutique trim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The medieval dinner invite is gorgeous!! What a cool idea!
    And the princess is just adorable. Dont have any greeting farm stamps but when i see youre card i just neeeeed to have one!

    Hugs, Daniela/Neliz
    (www.neliz.se)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous dinner invitation and a cute princess to go with it.

    Love the bow tutorial. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, how cool is this? What a wonderful idea for these medieval stamps! Fabulous!
    A very pretty Anya card too, love your coloring Suzanne and the pretty springtime colors!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great invitation!!! The Princess card is so sweet. I'm going to go check out your you tube video now. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are fit for a QUEEN! Awesome!!
    We always have to fit in those stops to or visit our friends Joann and Michael while we are out! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Cards are so lovely and your coloring is great!
    Thanks for the Tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your medieval dinner invite is fabulous Suzanne and I love your sweet Anya Princess, gorgeous colouring, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dinner invite idea. I might have to borrow it for Easter dinner...huh. No you have me thinking. Great cards & I love your tutorials!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creation Suzanne! Your work is always so fabulous hun! And your Anya is adorable! Beautiful!!!
    Hugs~ kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, Beautiful cards i love it :)

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both of them, but that castle is just too adorable! Love the sparkles and flitter on it! And Princess Anya is well, majestic! Love her! I'm off to learn about doing bows!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is not feeling much like spring her either! So yucko! Wow, wow, wow though this invite is amazing! I want to go just so I could get one of these! I love the castle on the front and the way you made the card open but the scene on the inside with the invite on the front flap is stunning! Your anya card is amazing as well! I adore the bright spring colors and your beautiful coloring! So, so pretty1

    smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Suzanne, I love both of these cards so much! I love how you used the castle and banquet hall scene from WOJ, that's so clever. That DP is just perfect and I love how you inked around the image. The princess Anya is just precious, I must get this stamp! :)
    Hugs, Christine
    PS Your bow tying tutorial is fantastic, I watched it this evening and learned a lot, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. just love th gorgeuse cards! invite is verry orriginal!

    hugs
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is SUCH a great castle card! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzanne, your dinner invite is awesome!! Love everything about it! Princess Anya is looking very sweet!! Love these colors!

    Not feeling like spring here in TN either!! Yuck1

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover