Friday, March 13, 2009

Shabby Chic!!

Happy Friday & Happy Weekend! I'm sooo looking forward to a little R&R--well at least as much as I can get, hee hee! I'm taking a class at my bud Marti's house (Pez-a-doodle Design) on using alcohol inks---can't wait. I haven't seen her since all of our shanigans at CHA, LOL! I've been dying to try out alcohol inks & Marti's the expert on it :o) And I'm possibly going to try to drag hubby out to our huge IKEA store to buy some storage stuff for my son's playroom & my craftroom (he's been resisting me, hee hee)! So we'll see....

I haven't watercolored in a whole year (gasp)--I know its horrid isn't it? I got my Copics and they're so easy & fun to use that I've been neglecting my watercolor paper and brushes. This is another beautiful Elisabeth Bell image from the Whiff of Joy Spring Collection called "Kneeling Willow". (You can buy her from 7 Kids College Fund here in the States)I based my colors on this bee-u-tiful dp that I've been hoarding for months from HotOffThePress--lovee it and navy is one of my favorite colors.

I watercolored her using my SU inks and Distress inks---took me longer to do, but it was relaxing & I forgot how much I enjoy watercoloring :o) That dark navy paper from Paper Trey Ink is so pretty IRL--its really sparkly ! I added lots of distressing to my papers and flowers with my Inkssentials Blending tool (if you don't have this, it is a MUST HAVE) and Distress Ink. The flowers are from Prima, pearls are from Kaiser and my scroll punch you can find HERE.

I really love how this card turned out, elegant & a little shabby chic! Whatcha' think?

Make sure and stop by Susana's Custom Art & Card Design store blog today---I have a fun tutorial up today about creating backgrounds with your inks, punches and Copics. Stop by and
check it out!

See ya back here tomorrow---
hugz,
Suzanne

16 comments:

  1. Wow Suzanne, what a totally scrumptious card. I just love these papers and the feel of this card. Such a gorgeous colour and the watercolouring is perfect! hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a beautiful card love your colours! big hug syl

    ReplyDelete
  3. that card is just SO gorgeous - oh how i wish i could watercolor - mine always look horrid! maybe a future get together topic when it is your turn to host???!!!

    cannot WAIT to see you again this weekend! and i hear my SU girl stacey is friends with your neighbor - she is looking forward to meeting you AND Amy is going to make it too!!!!! i am SO excited!!

    now if only i can get my area cleaned up to fit all you folks!!! can you grab me some storage at IKEA too while your there???? LMBO!
    hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where does your talent end? Not only can you color beautifully with copics but also with water colors!!! Wow, wow, wow!! So amazing! I love this card!!! The paper is amazing and the layout you used is so stunning!! The flowers and filigrees are perfect!! What an eye you have!!

    So jealous that you have an Ikea! Oh I so, so want to go there!!! MAybe someday! LOL!

    Have fun at your class!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with Marti!!
    Gorgeous card and your tutorial today on Follow Your Heart is awesome!!
    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should water color more often! She's just beautiful. So soft looking. I love the papers and the flourishes. I need that punch! She's just lovely! Have a great time tomorrow with Marti! Sounds like a blast! Wonder how much teaching and learning you'll get done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh...aaaah! so pretty!! I have hardly touched another coloring medium since I got my Copics too. I {heart} them! A real sweetie helped me pick out such good colors! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love the blue on the card, very pretty paper.. =)
    op you enjoy your weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous!! You are lucky to even have Copics, I don't, but I do love to watercolor and that's my usual medium, like it or not! LOL :) Love the big flourishes on here--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne!
    This is stunning! Willow looks lovely and the paper is beautiful! Great colors and swirls..stunning!
    take care.
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you colored the dress!! This card is just so charming. From the dp, to the swirls and flowers, to the adorable Whiff of Joy image!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goergeous hun, love the papers can so see why you were saving them..lol.
    you have coloured willow in beautifully.
    misses you all too.
    hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Suzanne. Love the colouring and the colours. Love it ALL!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect, love your painting, so soft and pretty. Jealous that you know Marti, she would be so much fun to hang out with IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really beautiful!!! Love the colours and your colouring!
    I have added you to my bloglist;o) Hope it is ok.
    Hugs, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh she is so beautiful, you should water colour more often! I love her in the oval with the soft blue halo around her, and those gorgeous HOTP pretty papers. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover