Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just for Shoe!!

Happy Tuesday everyone! Well it snowed and we got about 6 inches and now I'm hoping it all melts away soon :o) We were lucky, my mom who lives 2 hours south of us in Maryland got a whopping 15 inches (still laughin---sorry mom)! She always teases me about getting snow & this time it was her that got pounded--hee, hee! Its supposed to be 60 degrees here this weekend--that's more my style! And in 5 days we spring the clocks foward---whoooohoooo---my favorite time of year. I love it staying light later, makes me feel like my day isn't over so soon---how 'bout you?

Welcome to "Try It Out Tuesday Challenge 8" for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design! This week's challenge was to use charms on our card & to use stamps by Susana herself. I used the Rubber Romance stamp "Melanie"--she's my favorite image of them all cuz' you just know she loves shopping as much as me, lol! I decorated her shopping bags & glittered up her shoes--such a diva. The sentiment is from Gina K's "Retro Boutique" set---perfect w/ this image! And isn't that dp stunning, its by Glitz Designs--I love the drama of it--matches PTI's "berry sorbet" ribbon & cs perfectly!


I inked up Susana's shoe stamps on Matte Shrinky Dink paper & shrunk them w/ my heat gun into small charms---I love to watch it shrink (the lil' kid in me still, hee hee)! I punched holes in them before I shrunk them and used my paper piercer to hold them in place and then strung them with black Scrapper's Floss! And of course they needed some Glitz Stickles to bling 'em up!

Make sure and stop by Susana's store blog "Follow Your Heart" to see the rest of the DT's fun projects today!


I also wanted to show you this great product I found at CHA that was recommended to me by some very nice Clearsnap demo's! It's called the Joy of Stamping cleaner and its made w/ all non-toxic products which I love! It takes off even the strongest of Staz-On Ink--cleaned my stamps up nicely and my dirty acrylic blocks too. You can get this cleaner & the hands cleaner at Susana's store HERE.

I inked up my cute lil' Smirk stamp with Staz-On black ink for this quick demo for you. The stamp cleaner has a sponge on the end and you just dab it on your stamp or block. It smells really nice, not like that Staz-On cleaner that is actually toxic & smells so horribly!

After sponging on the cleaner, I rubbed it on my SU scrub pad and ta-da---all clean! I love this stuff--non-toxic, smells good & a great value! There is a hand cleaner too that cleans ink off of your hands & moisturizes them too---works like a dream for all those smudgey fingers! If you don't have an SU scrub pad, you can get a Rubit-Scrubit pad right here that works wonderfully for all of your stamps--woodmounted, unmounted & acrylic!
Have a great day & see ya tomorrow!
hugz,
Suzanne

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful Suzanne...what a great image that you have so artfully combined with that gorgeous patterned paper. You're shoe charms are adorable. Awesome creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! aaaah! Tres Chic! love the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a classy lady, just like the creator..... hehehe
    Thanks for the tip for the cleaner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! Those stamps are definitely making me want to SHOOOOP!!! Unfortunately, not any time this week...LOL!

    Lovin' all the great projects you're coming up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's one classy lady! I love how you did the shoes - I almost pulled out my shrink paper also but was afraid the power would go out in the middle of shrinking those babies! Love all the glitz on her. Stunning, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad we missed out on all that snow! LOL! Sounds like you are going to have a pretty nice weekend though! I hope ours is nice too! I just adore the Melanie card you created! She is so so pretty and colored in so beautifully and what a great idea with those shoe tags! You just blow me away!

    thanks for the heads up about the cleaner! I really want to try to find some now!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, I love how you did the charm! Very cool!!
    Great card! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Suzanne. It's so funny that almost all of us went for the same images and shoes...hihi....Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Suzanne!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your card is adorable and your shoes are just the perfect detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the image and the details! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this stamp too! I think I will have to get that since I have seen it so often. =)
    Love the way you colored her and used shrink art. Shrink art is one of my most favorites to use as well.
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabby card and love those sparkly shoes! I wonder if you can get wellies like that .. ..! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card, Suzanne, I love how you did the charm. I need to learn that technique! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw your card on the design team blog and love love love the bling on the shoes. Is that distressed stickles? and how clever to slant the ribbon like that. Too cute. Now I'm off to get myself some stamp cleaner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would you believe I know the person that makes this cleaner! I live close by him and his wife and have been given sample to try!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Suzanne,
    Beautiful card :o) Thanks for showing of my shoe stamps - YAY I hopre your puter is better and you can read this :o!
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous DP and I love the way you've coloured and co-ordinated everything so perfectly. The charms are a lovely little touch.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the little shoe charms. Just darling.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover