Saturday, March 7, 2009

Fairy Tales can Come true!!

Hello & Happy Saturday everyone! Hope your weekend is off to a great start! It is in the 70's here and my windows are wide open & I'm soooo lovin' it. Now if the trees would bloom & everything turn that wonderful spring-y green :o) And we get to turn out clocks forward tomorrow (so don't forget, hee hee)--more daylight, yay!!! I have 2 projects to share with you today that I hope you'll enjoy.....

I finally got my Medieval Whiff of Joy stamps this week, after waiting patiently for weeks (not really, hee hee). Seems that someone in the customs office likes WOJ stamps cuz' they're not getting to me when they should, LOL! Anywhoo, I've got two very different projects to show with them today for ya! If you love these stamps, 7 Kids College Fund has them for pre-order right now(soon to be in stock) if you want to order them here in the States!

This little cutie is "Maid Charlotte"--I just love her & her pretty dress & flowers! I paired her up with this yummo-licious dp from My Mind's Eye (Laundry Line--love this stuff)--I thought the criss-cross pattern reminded me of her dress bodice. She's colored with Copics of course and I added some diamond stickles to her flowers! The flowers are Prima & Petaloo's and I used my Goldilocks Bella Baubles in their centers! Sentiment is from Verve Stamps! Do you love her?

Now, this one is totally different from what I usually do and I love it for that reason! Looks like a simple card but it took me forevah' (isn't it always the simple cards that take longer, hee hee)! This cutie pop is "Warrior Charlie" from the same WOJ Medieval Line--love him! The dp is from DCWV "fantasy" stack--I distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz paper distresser and inked the edges real good too. I wanted this card to be ALL BOY--totally masculine and roughed up!

Now don't faint my friends, but yes I actually hand-sewed around the edges (I know how to sew, just don't like it, lol) with brown Scrappers Floss. I wanted to use twine but it was just too thick, so to the rescue--Scrappers Floss--worked wonderfully and sewed beautifully, lovee this stuff! This little knight was colored with Copics and then I added Diamond Glaze to his shield and a few Armor spots and lots of Shimmerz (angel wingz) on his shoes & sword, and Copper Bella Baubles too! That fun sentiment is from a Gina K set called "Kindred Greetings for Him". My son said it was a "cool" card, so I guess it passed the boy test---hee hee! You likee?

That's all for me today! I'll see ya back here on Monday & hopefully my laptop will be back up & running by then! Have a great weekend!

hugz,
Suzanne

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Suzanne, I love these stamps they are adorable. You have done well sewing the edges, don't think I would have the patients, but it looks really effective!

    Weather sounds fantastic....enjoy!

    Siobhan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool cards Suzanne!
    I would never be able to sew the edges,hehe. :)
    Looks neat,though!
    xo:Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cheery and adorable! I imagine the first one is you frolicing (sp?) and enjoying the warmer weather! LOL!! Great job with your hand sewn edging on the second! Very impressed! and it adds a great feel to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good evening Suzanne, these cards are both gorgeous, love the whiff of joy images, and the stunning layouts. Lovely work as always! hope you are enjoying your weekend, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such adorable cards Suzanne - your coloring is just beyond perfection! Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Suzanne, I'm going to have to find that MME paper, where did you get it, it's absolutely gorgeous!
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabby cards with the WOJ stamps, very different styles but each perfect for the image you used. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these cards are beutiful but in their own way!!! I jsut love the pink and gold on the first card and the way that you mimiced the bodice!! Your coloring is stunning and really makes her dress look like it is moving. Your knight card though is wonderful!!! I just love the dark colors and the hand stitching is the perfect touch. I adore the way you incorporated the sentiment. Reminds me of a dragons flame!!! I am with you on the spring thing! Can't wait for it to start!

    SMiles,
    janan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards! Love that maid Charlotte and she's just so, so pretty! I love the paper. Just beautiful! And good for you for stitching! It just makes the card perfect! Prince Charlie needs nothing else. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover