Monday, March 30, 2009

Fabric Stamping!!

Hiya & Happy Monday!! Did you all have a good weekend? I did, it was pretty uneventful but I did get to Target & Michaels (yay)!! It also rained all weekend, which was a bummer so I'm hoping for some sun this week! I also managed to get 4 video tutorials done for you all and a bunch of projects completed so that makes me happy :O)

**And my video disclaimer is that "YES" I do have on cherry-print jammie pants in my videos, LOL!! Sunday was "pj day" here in our house, hee hee!**

I'm sure you're all anxious to know who has won the first 2 blog candies, so here ya go:


Winner of BLOG CANDY #1 is Melissa (you don't have a public blogger profile so I can't get ahold of you, but you are a subscriber) and you said
"Hi Suzanne! Congrats on your blogaversary! I get your posts by email, and always look forward to reading them over breakfast. Thanks for all the inspiration! I would love some tutorials on how you color hair with copics - specifically, what color combinations you use. I need to branch out a bit."
Here are your random numbers:121
Timestamp: 2009-03-30 04:48:52 UTC

Winner of BLOG CANDY #2 is....Christina D
Here are your random numbers:86
Timestamp: 2009-03-30 04:33:22 UTC

Congratulations to you both! Please contact me so I can get you your goodies out this week-my email is in my sidebar!! I enjoyed reading everyone's comments and answers to my "nosy" questions so, so much--it was really enjoyable!! I love that most of your happiest birthday presents were so sweet & so close to the heart! Thank you again for stopping by & being a friend to me!


***************************************************

For my "stamping on fabric" project today I have a "New Baby Gift Bundle" for ya! I have to say that I am super-pleased with how this turned out, lol! I used all Paper Trey Ink products for this (palette inks, stamp sets & ribbons). PTI's Palette Inks come in so many beautiful colors and they are a permanent dye ink so they work wonderfully on fabric (takes hundreds of washings to get the dye to disappear). I bought packs of newborn baby onesies at Target--these are organic cotton by Gerber and the socks are cotton also.

Stamping on fabric w/ inks is very easy & you can customize so many things and make so many gifts this way. I used the following Paper Trey Ink sets on these onesies & socks--Tags for Spring, Wishing You, and Mega Mixed Messages. Palette ink colors used were--Hibiscus, Lavender Moon, Lemon Tart and Spring Moss.

**You can see the video tutorial of how to stamp this project right HERE!!
(also linked on my sidebar)


Up close of one of the onesies & matching baby socks using the PTI set "Tags for Spring" in PTI's palette ink in Hibiscus.

Up close of the matching gift card and tag on basket! Such pretty and girly colors to use together--I just love it! This gift bundle is up for sale on my Etsy site (link on my sidebar)!

My second project is another handstamped gift set that I made a video tutorial of too. This time while stamping on the tea towel, I used Lockhart's "Cherries in Colander" and "IB Cherry" from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design. I love any kind of cherry images, they just make me happy!

A close-up view of the towel I stamped and colored with Copics--I just tied the top off with some of this fun gingham ribbon! I had picked up this set of (4) ceramic spreaders that matched my gingham ribbon perfectly. I just made a belly band to match the notecard and added a nice label to the front. You could add any sentiment to the front of this, but I chose this "thankyou hostess" sentiment from PTI's "Mega Mixed Messages".

This is a close-up of my notecard--I created a patterned paper with my Lockhart "IB Cherry" to match my tea towel. I added some Diamond Glaze to the top of the cherries for some nice shine! And I just adore this gingham ribbon I got at the Offray Outlet (whole roll for $0.50)! This gift bundle is up for sale on my Etsy site too!

**You can see the video tutorial for this project HERE!!

Hope you've enjoyed my projects today & you can find all my tutorials linked on my sidebar!! I've also set up an Etsy shop if anyone is interested--that's linked on my sidebar too! :o)

See ya back here tomorrow! BLOG CANDY #3 is still open until Tuesday at midnite(EST)--you can enter HERE!!


hugz,
Suzanne


16 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners. Can't wait to go watch the video. The baby set and the hostess set are just adorable. Thanks so much for doing a tutorial on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - all these projects are amazing. I especially adore the tea towel with the CHerries in Colander images. Wowzer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, these are fabulous!
    The pink girlie items are so dear and the card so pretty!
    I love the cherries and the kitchen set, so delightful! You make such beautiful things! Pure eye candy! Can't wait to "study" the videos...much appreciated!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! WOW! these are both FABULOUS! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to the winners :)
    oh wow, your projects are beautiful :)

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I think I posted in wrong
    place earlier. Your projects are
    beautiful. If I could live anywhere it would be in Italy,
    with vineyards like the movie
    A good Day with Russell Crowe,
    Its beautiful there.
    Thanks for the blog candy chance.
    Jackie Cole

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your projects are just gorgeous! Wonderful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet gift for a baby.

    Swedie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wonderful Suzanne! So now you are making us want even more stuff to ink on...hihi........ It's adorable! Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne, these are beautiful projects. I love the cherries in the colander. The red and muted yellow CS work so well together.
    As always....winners !!!

    Congratulations to the ladies that have won the blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, they're all great. I have got to sit and watch the videos now. I'm still bouncing off the walls. This is so exciting to win. The little one outfit is my favorite, but the cherries are so cute too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzanne these are AMAZING projects! WOW!!!! I am so getting some of that dye ink! What beautiful baby gifts the stamped onesie make!!! :) Awesome work hun!
    big Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGoodness Suzanne!! These are amazing! How, how, how do you do it! I am so casing these with absoluely no shame! I love these idea! How perfect for a new baby and the colors are so sweet! But that cherries set is just over the top!! Love everything about it! The colors the image the layout! Everything!!

    Thank you so much to for the tutorial! I will definitely be referring to it a lot!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowser...lots of fun creations...and I so love cherry projects most of all! Can't wait to watch the video...here I go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a wonderful gift to give. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover