Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hodge Podge!

Hello & How are ya? Almost Friday, are you counting down, hee hee? I think Friday should be part of our weekends so we always have a 3-day weekend! Dontcha' think everyone would be sooo much happier :o) I think everyone is too busy, works too much and everyone needs to just slow down! That's my cure to a less grumpy society, whaddya think--LOL! Anywhoo, I've got 2 very different projects to share with ya today....

Okay, confession time for ya---I'm not a crier, random musing yes I know. I hate to cry, don't do it very often and just overall do not like crying or whining (even from my kids)! But this project made me tear up just a bit yesterday. A year and a half ago we lost our first "baby" of 13 years, our beloved mini schnauzer named "Trinket" to cancer. She was me & my hubby's first baby before we had actual "human" babies, lol--and she was special. She had big ears, was super high maintenance & had to pee constantly--but I loved her dearly and it was so hard when we lost her. I still miss her everyday and it really was like losing a child to me--for 13 years she was my constant companion, always happy & just plain ole loving & always giving us a good laugh!

Anywhoo, the lil' schnauzer dog in this stamp got me remembering her and tearing up a bit, so I thought I'd share that w/ ya :o) I just adore this stamp set from The Greeting Farm called "Home Sweet Home"--the animal images are just too stinkin' cute for words! And this image sums up my home on a daily basis--with 7 furbabies in the house there is always a mess, something chewed up and chaos always--but I LOVE it!

I had picked up this unfinished wood wall hanging from Michaels awhile ago (for like $.75) and finally got around to using it by making myself this fun hanger! I just covered it with my Coredinations cs (nice & heavyweight cs) and the dp is some old paper from AC Moore (Happy Scrappy I think)--so fun! Colored with Copics & I cut it out using my Curvy Rectangle Nestabilities. The lil' sentiment has 2 coats of Diamond glaze on top for shine too and love this ribbon by Stampin' Up! I left the wood unfinished because I liked the vintage look of it all together--do you likee? I'm going to hang it up in my laundry room---love it! And I have 2 more cards with this stamp set coming next week!

Second card today, uses Storage Units, Ink & More's new Easter set called "You're Some Bunny Special". These sets are so much fun to make scenes with like the one I created above. I paper pieced her lil' dress coat and added the Easter Basket with dimensionals. I love the spring green & baby blue colors together, so pretty & different for an Easter card. I stamped the sentiment directly on the dp and added fun ribbon from PTI, Kaiser pearls , the dp is "Two Scoops" by Basic Grey!

Remember that today by (11 pm PST) you need to have your entries in for the Guest Designer spot for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design if you're wanting to do it! You can find all the details for that right HERE!

Hope you enjoyed my rambling today (lol) and I'll see ya back here tomorrow!
hugz,
Suzanne


13 comments:

  1. very pretty card in the soft blues and greens, but my favourite today has to be that wall hanging you made - oh yes, my house is like that too! mind you we only have the two cockers but the house is really their kennel! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne!
    Your wall hanger turned out so lovely! Beautiful coloring and great coordinating papers!
    Thank you for sharing your sweet story about Trinket, I can tell she was very loved! It's a great idea to hand this in the laundry room, to remind you of her often!
    This blue/green card is gorgeous! Love the paper piecing, the papers and of course, that polka dot ribbon! Ooo, and the little pearls too!
    Fabulous cards! Hope you have a lovely day!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stamp set by The Greeting Farm. So cute and love what you did with it!
    The second card is such a sweet one!
    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those doggies are so cute. I'm sorry about your little companion. I know that's hard to deal with. They are so much like people to us.

    The Easter card is adorable as well!!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing your card today, I went right over and bought that stamp set! I have lost three doggies but still have four and they are our "children." That set is perfect for a lot of my friends, too. So I'll be making cards with all the pups up on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your project and thanks for sharing the story of you mini schnauzer. I think everyone feels and knows that pain. Our furbabies don't talk back!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both awesome! Love the dogs...they remind me of my daughter's "Little Pet Shop" toys. It is so hard to lose to lose our fur babies. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your plaque, Suzanne! It's so precious. I'm so sorry about your little fur baby. It's so very hard to lose them. Your card is absolutely precious! Fabulous paper piecing and love the paper you used. Two awesome projects, how do you do it along with everything else?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, your wall hanging is just the sweetest, really wonderful! Love your DP on it, so perfect for that project! =0)
    I too know how it is to loose an old four legged companion, they hold a special place in our hearts forever.♥

    Beautiful Easter card too, you are so clever and, - I guess, very busy! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stinkin cute and it's ok to tear up over our babies. This is just a precious wall hanging and those little dogs are too sweet. I love the chewed up couch!

    And the kids with the Easter basket are just precious! Love this time of the year!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I enjoy your 'ramblings' every day suzanne! Love the dogs on the couch! Ha Ha!! In my case it's one dog and two cats. I totally understand you getting treaful. They ARE like children and are missed just as much. You tear up any time you like!
    Viv xx

    Forgot to say how much I love the plaque and the card!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww.. your story about your dog just tugged at my heart. It's so hard losing a pet. I know I've been through losing a dog to cancer. The plaque you made is precious. Beautiful job on both projects you posted today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so on the same page with you about the Friday thing! I do need an extra day of weekend time to get everything done! Oh I am so sorry to hear about your dog! It is like losing a child or family member! They become such a huge part of your family and it is hard when they go! But I love this wall hanging!! Wow, the coloring is amazing and I adore the color scheme you chose! So, so cute and the SUINK card is amazing! Soft sweet colors and a great layout!! totally amazing!

    Smiles,
    janan

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover