Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fly, Bye Butterfly!!

Happy Saturday everyone! I'll keep this super short for you today, since my Mom is visiting and we're on our way to DC for the day to go to lunch & the theater. Hope you're having a great weekend so far :o) Thanks for all your lovely comments on my first video tutorials--I will reshoot them on Sunday & upload more for ya real soon.

For today's projects I used the Lockhart stamp "Chintz Butterfly", some Smooch metallic paints and Angel Wingz Shimmerz. The lil' notepad I got from the $1 bin at Michaels and just altered it with some of this fun dp from the DCWV "Citrus" stack. Such a pretty & fun gift to give to someone!


A close-up shows the Smooch paint I used in "Azure" and "Pumpkin" and then a nice coat of Shimmerz on top! Nice and sparkly!
Did you know you can paint metal & plastic embellishments with the metallic Smooch paints? Why, yes you can, lol! I painted this butterfly charm (find more charms here) to match my image--what a fun way to dress up your plain embellies!!

Hope you enjoyed today's projects and hope you're enjoying your weekend too!
hugz,
Suzanne


17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodmorning Suzanne,

    Wonderful cards you made, i like butterfly's. Wishing you also a happy weekend. I'm looking forward to your new video tutorials. I've learned a lot from them. Today the postman is comming with 10 new Copics, I can't wait:).

    Hugz,
    Ellenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I love how you painted the charm. I need to check out those smooch paints!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne,
    The butterflys are stunning. I love your altered stuff great idea :o)
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What bright and fun cards!! Hope that you have a nice day out with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Suzanne.
    Can you tell me what puncher did you use to make this card? Guardian Angels. What is its name and manufacturer?
    Beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, love this!! wow, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous card Suzanne, love the colours you've used, totally stunning!! have a great day with your mum, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous card Suzanne, love the colours you've used, totally stunning!! have a great day with your mum, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the smooch painting on the charm - -of course add another product to my MUST have list. LOL!! TFS all your creative talent with me!! Blessings and Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas. So pretty. I wish I had ordered some of the little charms

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card, and I really love how the flower turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this card!! The metallic paint looks awesome and I really love that butterfly and flower. It looks amazing Suzanne! I've missed a lot on your blog the last couple days! I'm off to have a look around! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute cards! I love butterflies and of course how you colored them andthe cute painted charm!! =) Love all of your pretty papers too!!
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, so pretty!! Love the Smooches on your card and charm!! Very cute!!

    Hugs,Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful little gift set! I love the papers and the rich tones and those butterflies are amazing!! They work so well on this! You did a great job too with the metal embellishment! So, so cool!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a unique color combo! I love how you made it work!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover