Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Teddy Bear Time!!

Hiya everyone! Is everyone still clinging on to the last days of 2008 or itching for the New Year? I for one am ready for 2009--Bring It On, LOL! I have a bunch of New Year's resolutions but we'll see next year at this time if I manage to do any, hee hee! Anybody have any great resolutions they'd like to share. I for one, need to lose 15 lbs and get fit and start eating better (will NOT give up my Cherry Coke, NO WAY-NO HOW!):o) I have lots to do this year so I'm hopeful for a wonderful and healthy New Year for me, my family and all of you too!

Isn't this just the cutest lil' bear you evah' saw? (YILM, no not really, hee hee) These lil' guys are called "Shy Bears" and you can see the whole collection HERE. I had ordered some Xmas ones and then never got to use 'em--December seems to be a blur to me, LOL! I based my colors on this yummo-licious dp by My Minds Eye--I'm really lovin' using these bright, springy colors right now! I colored w/ Copics and then I used my brown Doodlebug Flock (in bon-bon) on the bear--I attached it w/ diamond glaze (2 coats of flock for extra fuzziness). The sentiment is from PTI's "Heartfelt Basics"--love this new set!

This closeup shows the Shimmerz I used on the flower petals (love this stuff--dries super quick & is super shimmery)--I used it in "pink poinsettia" on top of the Copics. I also used the new Distress Stickles in "scattered straw" in the flower centers. I hadn't used the Distress Stickles before and I really like them--they're more of a subtle sparkle but they leave a nice texture, kinda bumpy which is really cool! I also added diamond glaze to his eyes. So whatcha' think? Do you love him? All the products I used on this image you can find at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design. The Copic colors are all listed at the bottom of the post and you can buy them all at 7 Kids College Fund!

This last card is another sneak peek of 2 new sets being released by Clear Dollar Stamps on Jan.1st called "Spring Critters" and "Critter Messages". I decided to put my chick in part of the egg shell (included in set as 2) along with the cute lil ladybug. I love, love my new Pinking Circle Nesties--just a fun alternative to the plain circles! The dp is from My Minds Eye again and I colored with Copics and added lotsa stickles. The ribbon and cs are from PTI. A fun spring or Easter card for a great friend! Visit all my DT sistah's blogs to see more peeks (list on side bar)!

Also, my SUINK DT sistah's (Amber, Leigh & Laura) all have sneak peeks on their blogs today--so make sure and stop by and leave 'em some love :o)

***********************************************************
SALES---
H&M Stamp Co. will have all stamp sets for $5 on Jan.6th-7th
The Stampin' Place is having a sale Now thru Jan.4th
***********************************************************

New Karen Lockhart stamps will be released on Jan.5th also--check out our PCP site "Fans of Karen Lockhart" for our Countdown of challenges and prizes and sneak peeks! Susana's store will have them all in stock & ready to go on Jan.5th and they are sooo lovely (lots of new Itty Bitty's and other wonderful images)!


Hope you have a wonderful day!
Suzanne


Copics Used on "Shy Bear" card: BG15,BG11,R27,R24,R22,R20,E27,YR21,G99,G85,G20,C2

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, love the bear, it is awesome! hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards. I have never seen the shy bear before. Sooo Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little bears! This is just the cutest card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bear!! Wonderful cards~

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo what a fabulous teddy bear and love the bowl of flowers he is peeking over. I will have to go and take a look at them all. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore this cutie! Aren't the fun? I love the velvet flock on them and the stickles just make those flowers pop! And how stinkin cute is that little chick? Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I love love love the bear! The little chick is adorable also....great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is adorable.
    Happy New Year!
    I like you will not give up my Coke but need to lose 15pd as well before Feb 12th.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaack!! Can you hear me squealing with delight?!! This is TOTALLY Ca-UTE!! I just had to click through to see the others and I'm soo in love now. Your coloring is the BEST and I love how textured he is! Ooooohhhh...
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your round card. The colors are fabulous and your DP is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh that is one of my favorite shy bears and you did a fabby job!!! dontcha just love that flock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely cards! Always enjoy your details and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was such a joy to have you on the team and wish you the very best in all your stamping endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I L O V E this bear card!! Very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover