Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Snow Birds!!

Hiya everybody! Only 16 more days until Christmas---eEEEEEKKKK! So much to do....and not enough time, dontcha' wish there was just one more week in December! I know I'll get everything done but wheww, it's gonna be close!! We're going to New York City the weekend before Christmas for 3 days with the kids. I love the city at Xmastime and seeing the store windows all done up, ice-skating in Central Park & we're going to see the Christmas Show w/ the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall---I can't wait!! This will be my son's first trip to NYC so he's super excited!


I'm also sooooooooo excited to announce that I WILL be at CHA in January--yippee!! I've booked my flight and hotel out in California and this will be my first time out to the West Coast. I will be taking a few hours while I'm there to visit the beach just to touch the Pacific Ocean for the first time (who knows when I'll ever get out there again, lol)! I'm flying in with my friend Marti on Friday & leaving on Wednesday---ahhh, no kids or hubby, just stamping friends & lotsa goodies!! Not to mention that my hotel is across the street from Disneyland (might have to visit Mickey)!! I'll be blogging about it while I'm away so you'll get to see all the goodies too!

*********************************************************
If you haven't entered for my Rubber Romance blog candy you have until Sunday, December 14th to do so---you can read all the details on THIS POST!!
********************************************************
Onto my card for the day! This uses one of the Christmas Trees from Karen Lockhart called "Snow Tree with Birds"--all of her trees are so elegant and fun to color! I paired it up with some of the yummy holiday dp & cs from SU. I colored the tree with Copics and then added liquid applique to the snow with a nice coating of diamond stickles on top. I'm not sure what company the brad elements are from (threw out the packaging) but I just love their vintage look along with the ghost snowflake from Making Memories (FaLaLa). If you're looking for more Lockhart stamps, make sure and stop by Susana's Custom Art & Card Design for a great selection.

I'm also running a contest on the Paper Craft Planet "Fans of Karen Lockhart" site this week--the theme is ornaments. Stop by to find out all the details and see what you can win!!

Until tomorrow....

Suzanne

Copics Used: G99, G94, R29, R22, BG10, BG72, BG75

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful Suzanne! Love it + NYC sounds like a lot of fun. Make sure that you take pics to share with us. Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming card Suzanne!! Love the dp with that sweet tree!! NY sounds incredible!! And you get to go to CHA in Jan.? Way cool! I'll be there too!! Hopefully we'll run into each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a gorgeous Christmas tree and love how you coloured it for your card. And lucky you going off to the CHA - I look forward to hearing all about it. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Suzanne,
    Stopped by and wanted to say love the elegance of your card!
    Thanks for all your efforts!!!
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Suzanne,

    I love your card, it's so elegant and the colors are so rich; very beautiful. I can't wait to hear all about NYC and of course CHA :)

    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the snowcovered tree and the trip to NYC sounds so magical and perfect for the holidays! Love the snow and glitter on the tree. And the paper makes it look so elegant, but wintery. And then CHA, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne! Fabulous card!! I am so excited that I won this stamp that was signed by Karen over at PCP!! Thanks again!

    I am going to the Christmas show at Radio City on the 22nd! We will just miss each other!! Have fun!!

    Hugs, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!

    NYC @ Christmastime! How exciting. I'm hoping to take the train into the city to see the tree but we're running out of time!

    The West Coast is awesome, you will love it! Definitely get to the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Have a great time in NYC! I have never been there but am hoping to go and visit my best friend there this coming summer! I betcha it is the best to be there at christmas time! And you are heading to CHA too...how exciting! Lots of fun for you!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely lovely Card!! super pretty!
    Lucky gal going to CHA! FUN FUN FUN!
    ooooh...I've always wanted to go to NYC during Christmas...sounds like a good time!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover