Wednesday, December 31, 2008

1 Sketch, 2 Ways!!

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Are you celebrating tonight or keeping it lowkey? My daughter is going to a sleepover and my hubby, me and son are going to a neighbor's home for a low-key dinner party. I'm a nightowl anyway so staying up past midnite is a "non-event" for me, LOL! Our hotel room in NYC overlooked where the ball drops on New Year's Eve so the kids thought that was cool! I'm wishing each and everyone of you a Happy New Year and I hope it brings you all you wish for and more!!!

Both of my cards today use Julee's (Vervegirl) Mojo Monday sketch #67 which is so versatile and easy to use. For this particular card I used my favorite fairy stamp "Willow" from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design. This yummy dp is by Dovecraft called "Aquamarine" and I just lovee the soft colors and patterns in it---you can only buy it here in the US at Susana's store if you're interested! I used my new favorite product, Scrappers Floss, to make the curly-q around the ribbon and the sentiment is from PTI's "Heartfelt Basics"(trully a super versatile set).

This is a closeup so you can see the shimmer from using Shimmerz in "iced lavender & angel wings". I color with Copics first and then paint over it w/ the Shimmerz---they're very sheer and dry very quickly, just love 'em!

The second card made with this sketch uses H&M Stamp's "Miracle From Above" set--which has the greatest images and sentiments for baby/new parent cards. I intentionally used neutral colors on this card so that it would be appropriate for a girl or boy! This lovely dp is by Basic Grey "Lily Kate"--so soft and pretty. I colored with Copics and gave this new Mom some "sassiness" by adding some sparkles to her shirt w/ Stickles. We all know new mom's need some extra bling :o) Don't forget H&M Stamps is having a HUGE SALE on Jan.6th & 7th and all stamp sets will be $5 (I have alot on my list to buy at this great price)! If you wondering why I keep reminding you, well its such an AWESOME deal on all their sets that I don't want ya to forget, LOL!

Ok, if you've been anxious to see some sneak peeks of the new Whiff of Joy stamps--make sure and check out Katarina's blog! I haven't gotten mine yet (whine) but can't wait to get 'em cuz' they are all super cute & you WILL adore them!

Have a safe and Happy New Year's tonight! I'll be back tomorrow with a TON of projects for you including the Whiff of Joy "Project of the Month"!

hugz,
Suzanne

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Suzanne. Love the fairy stamp, it's stunning. Happy New Year Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that fairy!! oh MY! the coloring is gorgeous and the shimmer just right! just got some sjhimmerz from susanna - can't wait to get back into my studio to try them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fresh feel on both of these cards and of course the shimmer! Wishing you a very Happy New Year and looking forward to seeing lots of inspiration on your blog in 2009.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards! Great job, as usual!
    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are georgous! The Shimmerz make your images pop, love it. Where you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza your fairy card is gorgeous!!! Love the Shimmerz that you used on her and the baby card is so sweet!

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne,
    Have a great New Year! Thanks for All you have done this year designing and promoting my store!
    Your cards are gorgeous :o)
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne! Just wanted to pop in to say that I will miss you on the design team and wish you much continued success in your stamping. I pray your New Year will be one filled with much blessing! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stunning! I love Willow and she's just so soft and beautiful. Gotta get some of that paper! Love the bling on the new momma! So sweet! Happy New Year to you and your family! Can't wait to get on with 2009 with you!

    Hugs to you,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards and images are simply gorgeous! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards Suzanne!
    Happy New Year! Looking forward to coming over and drooling over your cards in 2009. ;0)
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzanne. I am in LOVE with the new baby card.....such a perfect image...I will have to hop over there for the sale. Have a Happy New Year and thanks so much for the daily inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover