Thursday, December 18, 2008

Teacher Appreciation!!

Hiya everyone! I know I said I would post every other day, but what can I say---I can't stay away, LOL!! Actually I wasn't able to get this project up yesterday in time so I'm doin' it today. I also wanted to share some exciting news with you--

When I started my blog back in March of this year, I had 5 Goals set for myself (I'm a big believer in writing down your goals and seeing them everyday) and as of this month I have achieved them all. When I wrote my first blog post, my actual goal was to have 5,000 hits in my first year---well, I must say that as of this month I will be at 80,000 hits and I'm expecting to hit over 125,000 on my 1st blogaversary in March! I still can't believe that you all visit me, encourage me and like what I do---I appreciate each & everyone of you and I read every single comment you leave me!! So thank you for helping me over-achieve my goal and thank you so much for your friendship, support & kindness!!

But onto my news---I am happy to say that I will be published in a craft book next June for a project that I did. I was sooooo excited when I was notified that I almost passed out, LOL! I can't wait to share the details with you, but sadly I can't until June! Being published was one of my goals for this year too and I'm so happy to cross this last goal off of my list. But enuff about me and onto my project for today!!


This project was made for this week's Whatchadoin' Wednesday #19 over on the Storage Units, Ink & More blog. This week's challenge was to create a "holder or package" for a gift. Well, I used this cute set "A Touch of Class" to make a Teacher Appreciation card that has a gift card pocket inside. Teacher Appreciation isn't until May but you could also use this as a teacher thankyou or birthday gift too. The backpack was stamped and cut out and then I cut a small piece of the straps out & then attached it so it would look like she was holding the backpack. My colors were all based on this fun dp by Making Memories (Cheeky Collection-Emery) which I thought matched this lil' gal perfectly. This front layout is also this week's SCS sketch #207--I like this sketch alot so I'll probably be using it again :o)

On the inside of the card I made a gift card pocket with thin foam tape and stamped more images from this set randomly for a fun & colorful look. I left the front of the pocket blank so that it could be stamped with a teacher's name at a later date. So if you'd like to see more ideas for this challenge make sure & visit SUINK's blog! If you want to join in, and we'd love to have you, upload to SCS using the keyword "SUINKWWC19".

I will be back tomorrow with another project for ya, cuz' like I said I can't stay away---LOL! I'm leaving this weekend for NYC but I will have a project up on Christmas Eve as a treat for ya & there will be sneak peeks here on Dec. 28th too!

holiday hugz,
Suzanne

Copics Used: R24, R22, YR23, YR21, E35, Y21, B95, B91, C2

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations--although you should have been published ages ago...you are so talented! Can't wait till June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - was it a voucher for Cheesecake Factory that I spotted in there? Yummy! We went to our first one in Chicago earlier this year and we still long for some more delicious cakes. Kram - anki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being published and for reaching all of your goals! I can't say that I'm surprised - your work is amazing!! Can't wait to see your project! Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! Well done, I hope we get the publication here in New Zealand so we get to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How totally amazing. What a wonderful talent you have and I really appreciate being able to learn from you. Congratulations on meeting & beating your goals. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being published! That is fabulous!!

    Your card is pretty as ever!!

    Have fun in NYC, I will be there on Monday!

    Oh, and I'm sure you know this, but if you don't, "The New Kids on The Block" are going to be on Rachael Ray today!!

    Hugs, Melissa B

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is wonderful, love the image and the colours! hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea and I love this card! The colors are bright and I love the layout on the front and the inside just rocks! I'm going to try the front layout. Too much fun! Now go get ready for your trip!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover