Monday, December 29, 2008

Springtime in Winter!!

Happy last Monday of the Year everyone! I'm welcoming 2009 and hoping its a great year! We're enjoying a fairly low-key week and I'm taking full advantage of it, LOL! The weather this weekend was crazy, mid sixties at the end of December. Oh how I wish winter was like that ALL the time, but it definitely makes me look forward to spring. And speaking of Spring, I have a couple of spring-like projects for ya today...


This card uses another new stamp set to be released from Clear Dollar Stamps called "Spring Critters". There is also an add-on set to this called "Critter Messages" and both will be released on Jan.1st! I used the bunny & chick stamps from the set to create a "friends scene" for spring. The Basic Grey "Urban Prairie" dp has the perfect colors/patterns for spring & Easter cards. I used my Copics to color the image and and drew in more grass w/ my mulitliner pen (0.8) to blend the images together(some stickles too, lol). I used my SU corner punch to make all the corner brackets and the ribbon is from PTI.

Here's another card I did using the new "Charliene Cowgirl" stamp set from Clear Dollar Stamps that also releases on Jan. 1st. I knew my SU "Outlaw" dp would be perfect to use with this image! One of our DT challenges was to use these colors and include a charm somewhere on our cards and I happened to have some Karen Foster cowboy charms stashed away! I tied the charm on with one of my new favorite products--Karen Foster Scrapper's Floss! Its so fun to use and if you wrap it tightly around a pencil it will take on this wonderful curl, so so fun & comes in tons of colors and is cheap to boot! This card also uses a great sketch issued by our DT leader Laurie Wilson--lovee this sketch. I colored w/ Copics and added some diamond stickles to her cowgirl hat and saddle so she's a "Sassy Cowgirl"!

Hope you liked my sneak peeks today! Make sure and visit the CDS DT blogs today for more of their sneak peeks (list on sidebar)!

Also, three more of my SUINK DT sistah's have more sneak peeks of the two new sets on their blogs today--so make sure and stop by (Kristen, Tori, & Carolina)'s blogs for their awesome creations!

I'll be back tomorrow with some more peeks and a Magnolia project for ya too!
Hugz,Suzanne

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards you made! Love the images and the colouring! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne...your cards are just gorgeous!!! I love your coloring on the images and the colors and papers are all soooo pretty!!! The charm you used is perfect for Charliene....great job with the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh, your coloring is just so awesome! Makes the images just come alive on the cards! Love your color choices and the card designs are all so darling! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards and I love the fresh colours - hurry up Spring time! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling cards...that horsey card just makes me smile...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colour combos on both cards they are MAJOR eye candy;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too sweet! I love the bunnie and what great papers on both of the cards. And I love the corner punches. I love that swirly addition to the corners. So stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what super sweet cards these are!!! I love your Chalene card!! Thanks for the tip on the floss too!!!! I'll have to give it a try!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both so cute!!! I love your coloring on both and the DPs you have chosen! Great job!

    Smiles,
    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the jolt of Spring!!! Just what I needed. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous. I am loving that horse stamp. I may need to hope on over and check them out. Great cards and amazing coloring.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover