Monday, December 15, 2008

Gone Fishin' for Christmas!!

Happy December 15th everyone!! Ten more days to go until the "big guy" comes and visits--seems like December has flown by, lol! Hope you all got some of your to-do list done this weekend--I checked off a few things but my list doesn't appear to be any shorter, LOL!!

THE BLOG CANDY WINNER FOR MY RUBBER ROMANCE PACKAGE IS.......
Here are your random numbers:
18
Timestamp: 2008-12-15 20:30:34 UTC

Katarina of Kama Design

Congrats Katarina on winning--email me your address and I will get the goodies out to you this week! Thanks everyone for playing!!
**********************************************************



We went and decorated our Gingerbread Houses (see slide show for pictures-click to make larger too) at our Club for the very first time! To be honest w/ ya though, I do not like "messes" and to have icing everywhere and drying on my hands~ICKY, not my thing. I also don't like alot of sugar, it literally makes me gag, so to see all the candies laid out & gobs of icing was almost too much for my stomach. But the kids loved it and had a blast so that was TOTALLY worth it to me :o) They are now recovering from their "sugar high" cuz' I couldn't tell ya how much they ate, but it was probably more than they have had in a whole year!

And now in a totally unrelated project, LOL, here is my lil' fishin' fella! I will have more Xmas projects this week, but I needed a break from all things Christmas for a bit! This lil' guy reminds me of my son and one of his favorite pasttimes--fishing! This stamp set "Look What I Caught" from SUINK is just the cutest & comes with lots of stamps to make different scenes (I used 4 stamps). He's colored w/ Copics and then I cut his hat & cattails out and attached them separately. The sky was done by sponging ink w/ a makeup sponge over a scalloped circle cut-out and the water has stickles on it for shimmer. The dp is by SU and I love these patterns for masculine cards. Just a fun lil' card that my son can send his Pop-Pop or Great Uncle (who share his love of fishing)! I also entered this in this past week's SCS "Ways to Use It" WT196 which was half-baked or stampin' only part of an image & imagining what the other end is. Mine would be his fishing line and you can "imagine" the fish or bobble buoy on the other end, LOL!

Holiday Hugz~Suzanne

7 comments:

  1. awww too fun! we did a house and a tree last year... it does look like the kids had lots of fun!!!

    catchin up on my blurfing - cute crads as always (i am wishin for a break from xmas'y myself...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I hate the idea of icing all over my hands, unless it's cream cheese!, your pictures look like so much fun! Kids love that kind of thing!

    I adore your fishing guy! It's nice to see something that reminds me there are people still fishing in Decmeber and not ice fishing like here in Maine! I love these colors. Perfect for this little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Gingerbread houses look adorable! Your pics are so fun! I agree with you I don't like the icky frosting hands either! My least favorite part of making christmas cookies!

    Your card is super adorable!

    However...who won your candy? I think you are just keeping us in suspense longer! hee hee!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute houses! I too hate a mess but I think we'll try a house this weekend- my 5 yr old is very eager!!

    Do you need my e-mail address? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous, love the image!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to fill in the blanks with my name! Yay! LOL

    We're all on the edges of our seats waiting for the reveal.

    Love the fishing card - I have a friend who loves to fish and she would really love getting that card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaww supercute card!

    Hmmmm did "!" win? Who won??? :-S

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover