Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shabby Chic Winter!!

Hello and happy Thursday friends!! I am still under the weather and did not get ANYTHING done yesterday, so I'm hoping to work on a few things today (fingers crossed)! Only 2 weeks until Xmas--ahhhhh--so much left to do!! I'm working on a couple of tutorials for ya too, hopefully I will have one up for ya next week.

I love these snowman images from Whiff of Joy--this Herb kissing his snowgirl is too cute! The sentiments from Whiff of Joy are perfect with all of their new stamps too. (I will tell ya that my lovely son said it looked like decapitation to him--oh boys, LOL) I wanted to make this card vintage shabby chic and this Cosmo Cricket dp helped with that! Lots goin' on in this card--it took me awhile to put together too, lol! I colored w/ Copics and then rubbed 2 different Memento inks around the image to shab it up. These new Nestabilities (labels 1) are just brilliant--I layered 2 here. The round corners and border was done with a Fiskars border punch. The snowflakes are actually stickers from SandyLion that I coated with my Martha Stewart snow glitter and then added SU buttons on top. Used more of the snow glitter around the image--I just applied my diamond glaze around the edges to apply the snow glitter, super easy!

Hope your preparations for the holiday are going well! I'm leaving you with this cute holiday crafter's poem that's been going around:


Twas the night before Christmas, I'm glued to the tree.
I'm wondering what Santa brought just for me.
Could it be cardstock or chipboard or lace?
Or a Cricut, I said, with a smile on my face.
And that's when I heard him,
"Hi Santa, " I said
"You know....good little girls
should be in their beds."
"I know I should Santa,
and now I've got caught.
But I was just so excited
To see what you brought."
"Well, let's take a look
in this room where you work.
He shook his head quickly,
And left with a jerk.
I heard him exclaim
as he put it in gear.
"You've got enough crap,
I'll see you next year!"

hugz~Suzanne

14 comments:

  1. lol your poem has me in stitches Suzanne...rofl...xx
    your card is stunning. so much fabulous work..beautiful...
    oh and have to say your christmas tree's are a work of art in themselves well done hun...I don't know how you do it all, you make me exhausted just thinking of all the rushing around that you must do...
    big hugs to you. hope that you have a wonderful christmas and a fabulous and healthy new year..
    hope your feeling better soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne
    Your poem is hilarious - I'd better not show it to my husband coz he'd say the same as Santa!! Bah humbug

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a terrific poem - a real tenna lady moment! and a gorgeous card too. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne- ok, I have to admit that when I first saw this stamp image I had the same exact thought as your son! it was almost scary.
    I hope you are up to feeling better so you can finish up your holiday plans b/c I don't see you slowing down girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the poem; It sure made me SMILE! Hope you're feeling better by now!
    Hugs from Maryland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, adore it! I love the vintage look that it has and I think he's kissing her! Love all the curves and cutouts. Must have taken forever! The papers are fabulous! And that poem made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know...lol... .at first I was thinking, awwwwww! he's kissing her! Oh wait... no... he's actually ripped her head off. Huh. That's kinda creepy. :) LOL!

    Super cute card, despite my over analyzation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the poem and the snowman card. Very Cute. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg...LOVE the poem!! That would be my husband's sentiments exactly lol. I so enjoy visiting your blog everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne,
    Wow, this card is stunning, love all the details you added. I hope you are feeling better today!
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stamp is adorable! And the card, wow, what can i say? Supercute, as always!

    Hugs, Daniela/Neliz (www.neliz.se)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, that poem hit a little too close to home! My husband did find it amusing, though. Love, love, love the card! I don't think Herb ripped her head off...he's just putting the finishing touches on her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS card Suzanne it's so beautiful! :) Hope you are feeling better real soon! Can't wait to see the tutorials you have been working on! yahoo...I love Suzanne tutorials! And your poem is the best! I am still laughing from it! That is so something my hubby would say....but I am NOT showing him that poem! ha ha! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG - not sure which crack me up more - the image or the poem :D Well done on both. You always have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover