Monday, December 1, 2008

2 PINK Blog Hops for Ya!!

Hello & Happy Monday everyone! Hope you had a wonderful holiday (for my friends here in the States) and a wonderful weekend no matter where ya are :o) I of course am outrageously busy as I'm sure most of you are too. I'm having my ladie's holiday luncheon tomorrow so there's lots of stuff left to do (mainly cleaning after a weekend of messes, lol) and presents to make. I always do a potluck so everyone brings a dish and this year we're having an ornament exchange too! I'm also asking everyone to bring a pet item(s) & then I will drop them off at the local animal rescue I work with--the animals they take care of & rescue are always in need so they will love this! So let's get it started today cuz' I have 2 Blog Hop projects for ya so ya need to fasten your stampin' seatbelts, lol...

My first blog hop is for H&M Stamps and the DT's challenge put forth by Heather was "Gift Wrapping"--interpretation up to us, hee hee! I really wanted to use this cute angel stamp set called "Calling All Angels" to make a Valentine's gift for my daughter. I needed a lil' break from all the Christmas projects and its never too early to start thinking about the next holiday coming up, LOL! In our house on Valentine's Day, Cupid comes and drops off some small presents at my kid's bedroom doors for when they get up! My daughter (pre-teen angst, aghhhh) is just lovin' gift cards right now so I wanted to make a fun gift-card holder and candy treat for her. This is the same gift card holder (tutorial seen here) I made in the last post except I changed the way it opens and added a ribbon "hanger" so it can hang on her doorknob. The yummy dp is from K&Co.'s "Smitten" line paired with PTI cs. I colored with Copics with a few stickles thrown in for sparkle! I picked up these cute lil' jars at Michaels, covered with dp and ribbon and filled it with Hershey Kisses--I see many uses for these jars in my future (bwahhhh)!

Just a quick view of the inside of my gift card holder w/ some more dp inside to dress it up. I didn't stamp on the solid cs because I always write a lil note inside! Now make sure and jump over to all my DT sistah's blogs today to see their fabby projects:-Heather-Carolina-Debbie-Emma-Julia-Nancy-Neva-Shannon-Kimberly-Julie-Tracy-Dawn-Cindy

The second blog hop for ya is for our wonderful Magnolia-licious group. Diana has decided to do a sketch challenge once a month for everyone to participate in and this month's sketch came from the wonderfully talented Claudia Rose. I used "Tilda wearing Overall" which in Suzanne speak means Tilda wearing a cute snowsuit, LOL, and the "Large Sled"! This cutie was colored with Copics and then I cut her and the sled out and layered together with dimensionals. The dp is from My Minds Eye, pink(s) cs and ribbon is PTI. I used my snowflake CB embossing folder on the aqua Coredinations cs and then lightly sanded the top to reveal the white underneath. I applied a light layer of diamond glaze around the edge of my white circle and then sprinkled MS snow on top for some texture & sparkle (lovee this stuff)!

So if ya have some Magnolia's why don't you try out our sketch for ya this month! If you need some more creative ideas visit my DT sistah's blogs for their fabby versions: Claudia, Cheryl and Suzy.

Today you can also see/buy all the new releases from Clear Dollar Stamps--so go check 'em out!

I'll see ya back here tomorrow!
hugz,Suzanne

16 comments:

  1. love the pink! Tilda is such a cutie and the gift card holder is just perfect for little, and big, girls. Well my decorations are still in a box in the loft so it'll be a while before I get around to decorating the house, and I still haven't made the cake! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those little jars- where at Micheal's did you find? Do tell! I want.......
    Your Tilda card is splendid Suzanne, the coloring is just perfect.
    So? Where are the holiday decorations- I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, your sketch card is perfection in pinks and blue! i love the Tilda you used! All the special touches just put this one over the top! Love the MS snow! Where does one get that great stuff? Michael's?
    p.s. thanks to your excellent directions 2 weeks ago, I now have little banner links on my blog! It's a slow growing blog, but I'm learning, thanks to great stampin' friends like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your H&M blog hop project is fabulous! I LOVE that angel set too...lol
    Great Magnolia card as well, that glitter is so pretty on there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne I love both of these blog hop projects. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhyhh.. .wow.. how absolutely pretty are both of your cards for today.
    i looove how you you colored
    thanks Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Valentine gift card and yummy jar!! wonderful pinks on them! and your Tilda is just adorable -love the DP's you used on your pretty card Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so adorable and PINK...gotta love that! :) Your Valentine's gift card holder is so cute...I have to give this a try sometime (hopefully before xmas) hee hee! Hope you have a WONDERFUL time at your lunch tomorrow! That is so sweet of you to ask your friends to bring some supplies for the animals! You are just so giving and kind Suzanne! I am so glad that I have met you!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable blog hop projects! Love the angel with the jar sooo sweet and your Magnolia card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 fabulous blog hops ... great creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh! these are just cuter than CUTE!! Of course, I love all those pastel-ly colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new look of the blog! Love the card holder and aren't those small jars wonders? Your magnolia is too adorable! Love the colors and the papers are to die for! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just so fabulous! Wonderful use of colors and such stunning details for the blog hop projects! Your other card is absolutely fabulous as well! You are such an enabler! LOL...Now I will HAVE to have that Tilda! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the gift card holder. Is there directions anywhere to create some of them. TFS
    bbarker@tc3net.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely ADORABLE, Suzanne!! Love both projects!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover