Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Neapolitan Ice Cream, Anyone??!

Hiya and Happy Tuesday everyone! Did ya miss me? LOL!! Hope you all had a great Spring Break holiday & Easter! Boy, did we have a great time in Hilton Head Island, SC--I didn't want to come home, hee hee! It was sunny & 78 degrees everday and I love, love to be around water (ocean, lakes, marshes)--I find it sooo calming! Hopefully my break has revved up my creative mojo juices so I can get back to work this week! I'll share some more details of my trip & some pictures with you tomorrow! I'm typing this up at 1 am after a 10 hour drive home, so I'm exhausted but totally dedicated to you---so I had to post these projects for ya!!! :o)

Since its Tuesday, that means it's also "Try It Out Tuesday" for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design store! Make sure and stop by the store blog, Follow Your Heart to see the rest of the DT's projects too! I challenged the DT to a double dare--a sketch & color challenge this week. You can see the sketch over on the store blog & the colors were "Neapolitan Ice Cream"--YUM! (ya know, pink, brown & white/cream) I made three fun projects for this week's challenge!

The first project is a card and a fun keychain, bag tag or whatever you'd like it to be!! I used one of my cute Smirk stamps (only $3.95 each & NOW 30% off too) for both and the dp is all from SU.

I bought these cute lil' unfinished mini-clipboards at AC Moore (2 in a pack for $1) and knew I'd use them eventually! I decided to make a fun keychain/bag tag with mine to match my card!

This is my sketch challenge card--boy, I really love these colors together, so pretty! The flowers are Petaloo and the rhinestones are Kaiser. Aren't these lil' girl friends the cutest--I just love 'em!

Second card I made for the sketch/color challenge uses the Lockhart stamp "Violet Cupcake". Of course I made the flowers pink, but isn't that just the prettiest lil' stamp! The dp on this card is a mix of DCWV "Sweet" dp & PTI dp. If you look closely, you'll see that the pink cs is embossed--I did that with the new Spellbinders Impressabilities (flowers). These are just gorgeous to use, so make sure and check them out--there are alot of fun things that can be done with them (embossing, stenciling, cutting)! The embellies are PTI ribbon & Bella Baubles in Copper!

NEWS--You can now pre-order the "Summer Kit" from Whiff of Joy right HERE! Awesome deal (15 stamps by Elisabeth Bell including sentiments for $37)!!!!

Make sure and stop by the Follow Your Heart Blog to see all the DT projects today!!

Alrighty, I'm outta here--sleepy, sleepy time for me!
hugz,
Suzanne

20 comments:

  1. Welcome back from vacation Suzanne. Glad you all had a blast! I love your Neopolitan Ice Cream colors and the challenge. Too cute and the projects are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great vacation!

    Great projects today - those Smirks are too cute. Especially love the cupcake card - the color combo is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back from your vacation! =0)

    Your project and cards are absolutely gorgeous!♥ Love the papers and all your details!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!!
    Love your projects, so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects & THANK YOU for being so dedicated. Your readers really appreciate it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O aren't you the most clever person ever. Love your projects, nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous projects, Suzanne! I love the clipboard, what a great idea, and your cards are gorgeous. Welcome home, glad you had a nice vacation :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waw gorgeous project, love the colours and the papers! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to have you back in blogland~ sometimes a getaway is what we all need!! =) Your project is so cute, I love the mini clipboards =) The card with violets are perfect for any occassion, I love that you also chose the neapolitan ice cream colors for the challenge.
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to have you back Suzanne! Your trips sounds wonderful! I can see why it would be hard to leave! You did such a fantastic job on these projects! Ihave to say this is one of my most favorite color combos as well! Both cards are simply stunning and laid out so well! But that little clipboard is just the cutest!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a great time!! I missed you!! Your cards are beautiful as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are AWESOME projects Suzanne!! LOVE your color scheme too...and all the ribbon and bling ☺ VERY VERY PRETTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i missed ya!!!!! glad you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those little girlies are the cutest and your cards are absolutely adorable! Love the colors and all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had a great vaca! Nice to have you back though!!
    Such lovely makes! this was a great challenge!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your cards. The images are darling and I love your color combos. So glad I came across your blog!
    Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute cute cute cards and projects. Love the color scheme too, although it's not one I would have thought of. I'm so excited about the new WOJ/Elisabeth Bell stamps and preordered mine as soon as I could. That order will be my first and I can't wait to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! So glad to have you back! I absolutely ADORE the little girls card...the colors..just everything! I think you have definitely enabled me into purchasing that stamp...TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hope you had a great time away Suzanne, nice to see you back, love the creations that you have created hun, and the colour combo is yummy... mmmmm.
    hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Suzanne...These are just precious! ANd I love Ice Cream! LOL! I also love these image...never heard of SMIRK STAMPs. They are the "Anti-Tilda". A mouth, but no eyes! LOL! Apparently I am drawn to stamps that are missing body parts! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover