Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April Showers, Bring May Flowers!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone! We're halfway thru the week already, oh my! I have so much work to catch up on--eeekkkkk! We're also planting our veggie garden this weekend & its supposed to be in the 70's thankfully. It's been nothing but rain since we got home--yucko! Messing with my mood for sure---I need the South Carolina sun!! Anywho, I've got some great projects to share with you, a blog-hop & vacation pictures too---so go all the way to the end of the post!


So today, H&M Stamp's DT is having a BLOG HOP for ya! Our challenge was to create a Mother's Day or Wedding 3-D project & card! I decided to make a fun Mother's Day project to share with everyone! I made a wall hanging & matching card using some of that yummy "Sonoma" dp by MME and the wonderful stamp set from H&M Stamps "Petals of Friendship"!


For the wall hanging, I used 2 of my coasters (yes, my box of 800 is going down slowly--you can buy them HERE) and covered them with my dp. I used 2 of my sets of Nestabilities (Labels 4 and Labels 1) to cut out my shapes (the back is covered with a matching stripe dp). I stamped out a few of the flowers from the set and cut them out, glittered 'em up with Stickles & attached them with Scor-Tape. I added a fun button to the center of each flower--lovee buttons!

The ribbon is from PTI, I attached the coasters together with ribbon & also made a looped bow so it could be hung up! Yes, that's my lovely mug on the picture--but I didn't have one of my Mom & I together cuz' she doesn't like to have her picture taken, but I'm gonna change that (hear that mom--I know you're reading this)!!! LOL!

I just love this sentiment--so appropriate for Mother's Day! I distressed the edges after cutting out with my new Labels 4 Nestabilities w/ my Inkssentials Blending Tool.

This is the matching card--I didn't gussy it up too much! I wanted the lovely dp to stand alone with the great sentiment. I just added some pink pearls for an accent! This would be such a great & easy project to make with your kids for a grandma, aunt or other special someone for this coming Mother's Day! Now make sure & hop along the BLOG HOP below, 'kay:


~Carolina
~Dawn
~Heather Rolin
~Julia
~Melissa
~Suzanne (ME)
~Tracy
~Heather Klump

Second card for ya today was made for the Copic Creations Blog! This blog will feature Copic Techniques twice a month (1st & 15th) for you along with fantastic examples/tutorials from members of the DT (including me)! So this time we were to create a project using our favorite technique & colors for coloring blue jeans!

I decided to use one of my favorite Whiff of Joy stamps, "Willow w/ Umbrella"--I just lovee this stamp so much. I paired it up with an MFT sentiment from "Rain or Shine"! All the dp & cs is from SU and the ribbon is from Making Memories & Doodlebug. I use alot of different combos for blue jeans but today I'm showcasing my favorite combo for you. I used B37, B34 & B21 on her jeans & accented them with my Sharpie White Poster Paint (extra fine) marker. I added some diamond stickles to the rain and puddle & some lovely Kaiser rhinestones to finish it up!

Make sure and stop by the Copic Creations Blog to see all the lovely projects by the DT & some great info on coloring blue jeans!


Here is my slideshow pictures of our Spring Break vacation in Hilton Head Island, SC! We had an awesome time, the weather was beautiful & we got to see & do alot of things. We spent time on the beach, swam in the pool, I got to read 2 books (finished them too, amazing) & caught up on my magazines. We did Putt Putt golf, a sunset dolphin cruise, shopping & a day trip to Savannah, GA! It was absolutely wonderful!

Until tomorrow friends---

hugz,

Suzanne

19 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great vacation and welcome back! Adorable H&M blog hop project and card...what a great Mother's Day gift idea...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sistah! OMG your vacay looks WONDERFUL! Oh boy I SO need a vacation!!! Great pics! TFS! LOVE LOVE LOVE your project! What a great idea for mothers day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Mother's day hanging Suzanne! the colors and DP are just so pretty! love the cut out flowers on them and your card is wonderful with the nestie shapes!

    Looks like you had a super vacation - ahh to be young and look so good in a bikini again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project is wonderful Suzanne! What a terrific idea! TFS that idea, I've got a few hundred coasters too...hehe!

    Your WOJ card is adorable!!

    GREAT pictures of your vacation...looks beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog hop gift. I think I may have to try making one for my mom with my kids pics!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne

    Your cards and projects are really beautiful. You are a real inspiration.

    Best wishes
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous projects - I especially love the wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blog hops are so much fun. I love discovering new blogs and getting great inspiration.

    Very pretty Mother's Day project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice projects. So pretty. Sounds like you look had fun on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your project is fabulous, and I love the pink and blue on your Copic Creations card! Very sweet image, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful picture holder for your mom! So thoughtful and absolutely stunning! Thank you for playing along! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your project, Suzanne! What a great sentiment for such a nice gift! Great vacation pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne, your "Willow" card for the Copic Challenge is wonderful! I love that image and those colors are a great combo. Very nice entry for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your wall hanging snd the card, bu my heart was taken by the photos. Now I want to visit Savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Suzanne your projects are just lovely! I love how pretty the paper is and it matches perfectly with the stamp set. Luscious ribbon too! Beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. suzanne! This is very sweet!! Love the papers and cute flowers.
    Your second card is very pretty
    hugs,Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful Mother's Day gift!! I love the flowers added to it with the buttons. And your Willow is colored magnificently!! So glad you had a great vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I look all of your projects that you posted today. The Mother's Day gift is so sweet. I also love your card with Willow on it. Great card for the challenge. I really love what you all are doing over there on that blog.
    Have a great day!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi suzanne!!

    love the wall hanging and that second card!!!! the pink and denim blue - who would've thought it would be SO YUMMY!!!
    hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover