Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh Mother Earth!!

Hiya & Happy Wednesday & Happy Earth Day too!! I'm feeling a bit better today--my spring allergies are just in high gear right now! I wish my sinuses liked spring as much as I do, hee hee--nothing like a sinus migraine to bring ya down! Thanks for all the well wishes though! Busy day today--projects to finish, birthday presents to buy, vet visit for both of my pups & then taking my daughter to get her hair cut after school. Hopefully the weather cooperates so I don't have to run around in the rain--hate that! Doin' anything special for Earth Day? I'm counting my new veggie garden & 10 new trees we ordered as my contribution this week!! So I've made a flowery card to celebrate the day...

Well, Mother's Day is coming around the corner real soon so I thought I'd work on some fun ideas & projects to get your mojo, mojo-in!! My poor hubby gets slammed this time of year cuz' its our daughters birthday on Saturday (13--eekkkk), my birthday on May 3rd & then Mother's Day the following week, LOL! This year I'll be in Vegas for my birthday so he's kinda off the hook, hee hee! Anyhow....



My project today uses one of my favorite Magnolia's "Tilda w/ Lilacs" & the coordinating "Lilac" stamp available HERE at Magnolia-licious! My flowers today are not lilacs okay--I wanted to make them yellow & that's the beauty of being the creator, hee hee! :o) I based my project which is a Mother's Day card & matching bookmark-- around this yummy dp by Daisy D's--so cheery & bright and paired it with both PTI & Coredinations cs. I got the idea for the bookmark from my friend (and DT sistah) Aud, when she had made one for a challenge a bit ago & I just adored it! Stop by her blog to see her fabulous designs & her take on the bookmark--she's going to do a tutorial on it soon on the Follow Your Heart blog!

I colored Tilda w/ Copics and then added Flower Soft & stickles to the image--I used 2 colors of yellow Flower Soft (lemon & sunshine yellow). The sentiment is from PTI's "Mother" set. I used my favorite Swiss Dots CB folder to emboss my cs--wish CB would come out with some new embossing folders soon!


And here is the fun bookmark--it slips right over your page in your book! Such a fun & pretty gift to give. I know I'll be making lots of these--my son already requested a "boy" one!! This set is for sale on my Etsy shop for anyone interested (on sidebar).

Hope you enjoyed these projects today & I'll see ya back here tomorrow! Have a great Wednesday!

hugz,
Suzanne



27 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the colours! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects Suzanee and just love the bright papers, gorgeous colouring and love the added texture using the flower soft. Hope your feeling better today, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! And the flowers remind me of this yellow flowering tree in Levanto, Italy. So, to me, it's ok that they're not purple :o) Oh, and love the choice of page the bookmark is on! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are just the cutest cards!! That flower soft looks so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this Suzanne..hope you feel better real soon...Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and bookmark set, such a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks lovely, love the flower soft on the cards!

    hugs
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vibrant colors and the addition of the flower soft is fabulous. . . haven't used mine yet. Hugs, Christina C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're feeling better. I can definately relate to the seasonal allergies. We have the same thing here, mother's day on the 10th and my bday on the 11th. Card and bookmark are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colors and I love her little tennies! I really hope you are feeling much better ....very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry your allergies are giving you such fits, Suzanne! Hope you're feeling better soon! LOVE your project for today! the colors are so bright and cheery and I just simply must get me some of the flower soft to play with. That bookmark is awesome too!
    Have a great day!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects!! I love that you changed up Tilda's flowers and made it your own with the flowersoft! It's so nice to be able to use a stamp for more than one occassion.
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL card, Suzanne! I posted a card using the same stamp today and was so wishing that I had lilac colored Flower Soft!! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your projects. the colors are just fabulous. So sweet and springy. Great use of the Flower soft. You make it look so easy. Have a great day. I hope your sinus stuff clears up soon.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so cute!! I can't wait until I can color like you!! Love love love your stuff!! Keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that Tilda with the Flower Soft! Sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely darling! I love the colors and her shoes are just perfect! I adore your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful projects Suzanne! I love the ribbon and button treatment, the color combination, the lilac flowers you changed, the bookmark with flower soft is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card...gotta try that flower soft...I am making veggie soup for earth day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is adorable! LOVE the flowersoft!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful set! I love how you use the flowersoft.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Suzanne,
    I love your card and bookmark. The bookmark is such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your "lilac" Tilda card is gorgeous - I love the flowersoft on this and the bright colors. The matching bookmark is a super idea!

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi suzanne!! love this little set - such happy colors! LOVE that bookmark too!

    i feel you on the allergies!! hope the rain has helped a bit

    ReplyDelete
  26. such beautiful colours and I love the use of flower soft

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your card is adorable. I love the Flower Soft. It really livens up a card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover