Friday, April 3, 2009

A Tisket, A Tasket....!!!

Happy, Happy Friday everyone! It's still dreary and gray here in VA (has been all week)--hoping that the weekend brings some sun and warmth :o) We're going to mulch the flower gardens and go shopping for some new rugs for our family room--nothing too exciting! Hope you have some happy plans for the weekend!!

For today I made a Mother's Day project for ya! Of course this could be used for any special occasion but I made it w/ Mom's Day in mind :o) I used my brand-spankin' new "Peony" Shapeabilities dies by Spellbinders--love, love them! I decided to create this cute Peony shaped basket that can hold a gift card, jewelry, candy or other small gifts!


I used the Lockhart stamp "Hydrangea & Berries" and added lemon yellow Flower Soft and baby blue Liquid Pearls (are 15% off at Susana's store) to the image. I adore this yummy Anna Griffin dp--based all my colors around it, so soft & pretty.
I finished off the sides of my basket with some more dp (gotta have all sides pretty ya know) and a fun button on top of another peony cut-out! I created a little basket handle from my cs and all parts of this project were adhered w/ the super strong Scor-Tape! I just love how it turned out! (If you love it, its up for sale on my Etsy site)
And make sure to check out all the NEW Spellbinders dies---Labels 4 are a must have, hee hee!
hugz and see ya back here tomorrow,
Suzanne

18 comments:

  1. What gorgeous soft colors. Love that unique little basket, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the basket and perfect Easter colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute basket and such beautiful soft spring colors. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty set! Love the little basket, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Flower Soft on your lovely card!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute basket! Love your tutorials! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is stunning!!!
    Love the color combo, and I need to try the flower soft stuff soon, looks really great!♥

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowwwwww, amazing again!!!!!!

    Have a nice weekend,

    Regards,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. I'm going to have to try out the flowers soft, love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful basket and card! Love the soft colors and the flower soft is perfect for these Lockharts! Enjoy your time. We'll miss you!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful!! gorgeous colors and the basket is SO cute! LOVE the dimension of the Flower Soft!!
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooooo fantabuliss!!! Where you get these sparks continue to putme in awe :o) Way to ROCK the Peony!!!
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! Coloring, colors, flower soft, and I love that little basket.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waw lovely bag! love the colours and the image! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh! aaaah! these are so fresh and springy! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the bag Suzanne, its got Easter all over it. I know of a few kids who would love to get one of these next Sunday, Karen xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable basket Suzanne and the matching card is just precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love this peony shape! I wasn't sure if I would get it or not but I think I need it now! It is so cool! I love the soft easter colors you chose for this project and the amazing basket you created! Too cool! But that flower soft is just amazing! I can't believe how much life it adds to your creations!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover