Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Celebration!!

Happy Saturday everyone! Hope you're off to a wonderful weekend! It's in the high 70's today & I'm just soakin' up the sun! Today is also my "first baby's", Alexa's 13th birthday! Wow, how did 13 years fly by soooo fast! It has been a joyful, surprising, happy, painful, challenging, fulfilling & crazy raising an independent, spunky, intelligent & hard headed Taurean like myself, LOL!! Everyday is never the same, always different & I'm proud of the girl she's become & will be! She's crazy talented, beautiful, so smart & trully a kind girl who loves to sing, dance & be with her friends. She hopes to go to college & major in animal psychology so she can work with dolphins & other sea animals--and I sure hope she does, how wonderful is that! My poor husband has 2 battling Taureans in the house now, but I'm hopeful that those battles in the teens will subside to a wonderful friendship in adulthood. I can't wait to see who & what she becomes because I know she will be WONDERFUL!!

Happy 13th Birthday babe--WE LOVE YOU!!!


Still just a kid at heart!!!

And to celebrate Alexa's birthday, I'm sharing 2 birthday cards I made a bit ago with H&M Stamps new set called "Cupcake Wishes"! Just two happy birthday cards in 2 very different color schemes.

First one is bright & colorful using Basic Grey's "Cupcake" (how appropriate, huh) dp, PTI twill ribbon and glitter dots & scrappers floss! Just a fun & happy birthday card!!

Second card is more of an elegant look--pink & black are always so "oh, la, la" French dontcha' think? The dp is PTI and I put pink pearls on some of the cupcake decorations for extra dimension and in the corners too!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend & I'll see ya back here on Monday!!

hugz,
Suzanne

11 comments:

  1. My "first baby" is 30 today!!!! I'm taking her sister and her for a spa day today and then back to my house to grill and hang out and then we're doing a "slumber party"---just the 3 of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards, Suzanne, I love that cupcake set. Happy Birthday Alexa! :)
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, beautiful 'cupcake' cards, I think the black and pink one is my favourite. Hope you and your family have a lovely time celebrating your daughters birthday. Dawn Marie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful daughter and beautiful cards. Our time with our children does fly by so very fast. I've had the pleasure of living with two Scorpians in our house! You find your way throutgh with strong personalities and what a wonderful relationship you'll end up having. I love the difference in the two cards - one so bright and cheery, and the other so classy and elegant looking. Love them both!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Alexa!

    Both cards are so cute! I love the contrast between the primary and the pink/black. I have to say the pink is my favorite though since pink is my fave color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your blog and seeing your work. I left you something on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful daughter Suzanne. My "first baby" Samantha is also 13. Your cards are also amazing again, love the colours!!

    Have a very nice weekend!!!!!

    Hugs,
    Ellenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy b'day! Wow - 13th.....I do hope all her dreams will come true. Keep telling her that they will - as they did for my youngest sister Cathrine - always wanting to become a Vet and now she soon will become one after finishing long studies in Copenhagen.
    Wish you all a wonderful weekend and tons of cake ;-) Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for your daughter on her 13th birthday. Tell her to pursue her dream. Beautiful cards! Hugs, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so fun. Really love the black and pink one. Hope your baby girl reads your blog and see's her name "in Lights". I can hear it now. MOOOOOOM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful cards! Happy BD Alexa!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover