Thursday, April 16, 2009

Variations on a Sketch!!

Hello friends & happy "almost-Friday", LOL! I sure am hoping for some blue skies & sun today--the gray weather & rain is making me grumpy :o( Just for fun, I was perusing realtor.com last night looking at homes in Hilton Head Island, SC---found quite a few that I could buy & move in to, hee hee! Always good to have a goal & dream in hand, dontcha' think? One of these days I'll live in the South where I belong, sigh..... and yeah I'm kinda crazy I know (ROFL)!! But onto to a couple of cheery, springy cards for ya today!!




For both of my cards today I used this week's SCS sketch #224--so versatile! On this lovely Magnolia card, I flipped the sketch sideways. I adore this "Tilda with Lamb" from Magnolia-licious and was sad I didn't get to use it before Easter, but I believe alot of these cute stamps can be used for so many more events than just one specific holiday! I wanted Tilda to look like she was sitting on a hill of wildflowers with a baby lamb friend who just happened to wander by.

The background stamp is "Summer Background" that is available at Magnolia-licious too! After coloring with Copics I added some Flower Soft (sunshine yellow & heather) to the hillside for some pretty wildflowers! The yummy dp is from SU paired up with PTI cs (plum pudding & lavender moon). Tilda was cut out & popped up and the sentiment is from a Hero Arts set I've had for a bit. Flowers are Primas, Doodlebug brads & stickles on the clouds & sun! I really love this card--YILM (NOT)!!!! (This card is for sale in my Etsy shop--link on sidebar)

This second card was done using the same sketch, just flipped! I LOVE, LOVE this image of Charlotte (Rogue Charlotte) since I first got a peek of it months ago--she's one of the new stamps in the new Medieval Collection from Whiff of Joy! She's so cute & gives off such a great attitude--reminds me of myself, hee hee! Girly on the outside, but strong & tough as nails inside!! So of course I had to have an appropriate sentiment that had some 'tude in it, LOL! This sentiment is from a Sweet 'n Sassy set (Stylin Shoes--now 25% off too)--lovee the sentiments in it!

The dp is by My Minds Eye (Tres Jolie) paired with PTI cs & ribbon (melon berry)! I added a few Bella Baubles to embellish it too! Lovee this card so much :o)



Just a close-up to show you all the Shimmerz (Angel Wingz) I used on it; the arrow was colored with my gold spica pen. Make sure and check out all the new Medieval stamps now available at Whiff of Joy--they're fabby & I'll have more projects with them over the next few days!

If you haven't purchased the "Summer Kit" from WOJ yet, you have until May 4th to do so! You get 11 stamps by Elisabeth Bell & 4 sentiments by Katharina for only $37--its a deal baby!

BTW, Paper Trey Ink had their release on the 15th and yes I ordered everything again---cuz' I can't help myself (its a sickness for sure)! I wish they'd take a month off, so my checkbook can get a break, LOL! Make sure and check out all their new goodies (love, love the new teapot set)!
And no, I don't get paid by them (I wish) just really love all their products :o)


Make sure and stop by Susana's store blog "Follow Your Heart" today to see a tutorial by DT member Christine--she's showing you how to make those fun Pizza Boxes!!

Have a great day!
hugz,
Suzanne

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards- have only recently discovered your blog but your ideas and tutorials are inspirational! Thanx soo much!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards -- your coloring rocks!! OH I am right there with you about PTI. I always want it all!! It can be mind boggling thinking of the money spent and all that I could still spend more!! :-0 Blessings and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne
    I love the cards!! The Tilda, is wonderful with the flower soft adding the dimension to it! Isn't it so much fun to use? I want to get a few more colors from susana
    :-)
    Very nice work, love the DP choices
    Hugs
    michele spera

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards, Suzanne! I love that summer background on your Tilda card, that's on my wish list. Love how you added flower soft to it. I also love your Charlotte card. I purchased all the new medieval stamps just released and can't wait to get them :) How did you do the soft inking around Charlotte? I see a lot of people doing that and I love that look but can't figure out how to do it.
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling cards - love the Tilda with the FS. If only it really looked like that outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL!!! I love that Tilda with lamb, and love it even more that you used it for an everyday type card. Awesome work, Suazanne. Your coloring is fantastic and love the colors you used. both cards are adorable.
    hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards!! Love the addition of the flower soft. The coloring on all your cards is magnificent.
    Hugs, Christina C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that Medieval collection. They're so cute. OT - You got me interested in Hilton Head (I live in NYC). I wish I could retire now and move. Oh well, it's something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Sending Sunshine card. The colors are beautiful, and I love the layout with her in the field.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cards! The colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Suzanne! Thanks so much for all the wonderful copic videos..I spent a lot of time watching them last night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, soft, pretty card, Suzanne! Great papers and your coloring is always so great!I agree with multiple uses for stamps that seem seasonal at first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are beautiful.
    Have a great weekend

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow!! Beautiful card with Tilda and the summer background.Love that you used flower soft for the background too!! =)
    I love those medeival stamps and definitely the way you color it!
    Hope all is well!
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Tilda and the flower soft! Also love the Medeival card!

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your scene in the first card Suzanne. Charming!! And love the sparkle in the second. How fun!! Two absolutely wonderful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great cards! I love the Tilda and Lamb. One of my favorites from that collection because you can use her for so many other things besides Easter. The Flower Soft is perfect in the background! And that Charlotte is a hoot, isn't she? Love her spirit and spunk! And great pictures from your vacation. Your kids are growing so fast and they're just adorable! So sweet!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover