Friday, April 24, 2009

A 2 Occasion Day!!

Happy, happy Friday everyone! I'm back w/ my mojo squarely strapped on, LOL! Sometimes ya just need a breather to clear your head, YKWIM!!? Tomorrow is my daughter's 13th birthday (egads, I'm feelin' old already), so tonight she has having her 3 best buds over for a sleepover. I'm taking them to the movies to see "17 Again" although I'm not allowed in the same theater--I've been banned, LOL! So hubby, me & Riley are going to see "Monsters vs. Aliens" in 3D (which will surely give me a migraine, 3D makes me fuzzy, how 'bout you?). So we compromised on her presents and got her a netbook and some giftcards. The netbook is a little cheaper than a full laptop and has everything she wants including a webcam so it will work for now :o) And since she broke my camera the other day (SOB), I now have to scrounge money up to get another one--and I REALLY loved my camera :o( And on Sunday we're off to the Baltimore Zoo for the day--its supposed to be in the mid-80's all weekend (Yay) so I'm thrilled! Alrighty, enuff chitter-chatter from me today, hee hee!

So, today I made 2 cards using this week's SCS sketch challenge #225--I really liked it! I finally got all my new PTI goodies the other day, so I had to break them out to play! This PTI set "Men of Life" isn't new (just new to me) and I have soooo many occasions to use this set for! I made this card for my dad for this upcoming Father's Day (yes, I'm wayyy ahead of the game). He has a sailboat and loves spending time out on the Chesapeake Bay fishing & sailing--and he retires on the 30th so my mom is hoping he spends lots of time on the boat (get my drift) LMBO!! Anywho, I really like how this turned out! The dp & cs are from PTI and I wrapped some twine around the card and attached a Blue Moon fish charm to it!

The boat was stamped twice, I cut the second set out & popped it up w/ dimensionals & then applied a good layer of diamond glaze on top! Aren't those star buttons fun? They're from my large button stash :o)

Second card uses the brand, spankin' new PTI set "Tea for Two"--I have soooo many fabby ideas for this set! But today I just made a card that can be used for multiple occasions including Mother's Day! I flipped the sketch this time & used some new PTI dp called "Green Tea Leaves"-so pretty! I stamped one of the teapots onto vanilla cs & then colored part of it w/ a green copic to match the PTI "spring moss" cs. I added some red & cream pearls and also some diamond glaze on top of the teapot!


The ribbon is from PTI and I made my own hatpin using some beads from my stash & this gorgeous handwrapped silk bead (soon available in multiple colors at Susana's store)! I just love it!!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend--I'm sure I'm in for a loud & sleepless nite (w/ 4 teenage girls boppin' around, lol)! See ya back here tomorrow!

hugz,

Suzanne

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards! Love the red and whites in them. How fun! Love the sailboat and the twine is perfect for it. Great fish! And that teapot is so inviting! Do you think it would hold coffee?! Enjoy the girls. Pretty soon you'll be having their graduation sleepover and they'll be off to college. Enjoy the weather!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne,

    Oh I love the teapot card too! The Father's Day card is awesome! I am so happy I visited your blog!!

    Have a happy day and enjoy that sleepover!!

    Lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are very nice. Love the little fish charm on the first card and the pearls on the tea card really finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did SO much better with this sketch than I did! Oh well, your cards are wonderful - especially love the teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I love that teapot set, too cute :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening Suzanne, i trust you and your family are well. Its been a while since my last visit and you have been busy with so many gorgeous makes!! i love them all, the red cards are particularly striking i adore that colour!! i hope you are enjoying some lovely weather, its very warm here just now. Im sure it wont last. Have a great weekend, big hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness these cards are completely FABULOUS! I LOVE that boat one! WOOHOO! Love the look of the diamond glaze!!! Hope you enjoy your 3D movie...yes, they make me "fuzzy" too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne, both of them are beautiful BUT I LOVE the teapot one..I am foolish over tea and tea accoutrements...Gorgeous!! Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter turns 12 next Saturday, and my son turns 18 in a month. Talk about feeling old. Ha ha.

    Have fun at the movie. I want to see 17 Again. Actually, I want to be 17 again. Oh well.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Suzanne! I love the the one with the sailboat and the 3D effect on it!

    have a great night at the movies! I know what you mean about feeling old already...lol my daughter turns 15 this year ;-)

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the red on both cards!!!! You really are creative!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these cards.....Can't believe you already have your PTI Tea for Two stamps!!! I ordered the umbrella one this month

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello
    http://www.smeesh.com/ - order meridia
    Meridia may also increase blood pressure levels so it is necessary for it to be monitored when using this drug.
    [url=http://www.smeesh.com/]meridia diet[/url]
    The initial recommended dosage is 10 mg of Meridia once daily with or without food.
    meridia sibutramine
    If weight loss is not enough, the dose can be titrated after four weeks to a maximum of 15 mg once a day.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover