Sunday, January 2, 2011

Winter Friends!

Happy First Sunday of the New Year!  Hope you had fun ringing in the New Year and didn't get into too much trouble, LOL!  We kept it pretty quiet and made homemade pizzas and sparkling grape juice and watched Dick Clark on ABC.  The New Kids on the Block performed with Backstreet Boys so I couldn't miss that!  I'll be front row at that concert come this June, if I don't faint from seeing Jordan that close, LOL!  And yesterday and today I worked on projects, trying to catch up on everything!

I am so excited to say I am Guest designing for In Style Stamps for the next 3 months--if you haven't checked out their fabulous digi images you really need to HERE!  They are fun to color them and they have so many different and beautiful images!

NewsBitz:

-SCACD is NOW OPEN for business!  Susana closed the store over the holiday but its back open with lots of new goodies in the shop!!

-The Holiday Special is still ongoing at the Color Me Creative Classroom---all copic online classes are on SALE thru Jan. 4th!!  See details HERE!

********************************************************
Winter Friends!


For this card I used this past week's SCS Sketch #313 along with this super sweet image by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD called "Winter Friends".  Isn't she a cutie?  The papers are new from Kaisercraft's "English Rose"--I love the soft and pretty patterns.  The design behind the image was done with Spellbinder's "Lacey Circles" and the embossed panel is a CB folder.  I used Prima Hydrangeas for my flowers and the leaves are a Marianne Designs die (inked with lilac ink).  The sentiment is from PTI. 


The fur trim on her jacket was done with ivory Flower Soft--I liked the fun texture it added.  I paper pieced her jacket with matching paper then shaded it with my copics to match the rest of the image.  Her lil shoes and bird feed bin got some stickles for sparkle.  The little pearls on the side of the image, the sentiment and in the bird feed bin were done with the NEW Ranger Liquid Pearls.

Hope you enjoyed today's project and it brought a smile to your face!  I'll see you back here tomorrow with a fun Valentine's Day post!



13 comments:

  1. Super sweet card! I love paper piecing!!!

    I have those lacey circles and squares on order and I hope they HURRY UP already!!! Our mail is so stinking slow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Looking forward to seeing your Valentine Post tomorrow..you always inspire and never disappoint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and the flowers finish the card off perfectly.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Suzanne,
    I am a subscriber to 'TTCD' and have yet to say thanks! I also receive your 'Scrapbitz' e-mails and haven't told you how much I appreciate you and your efforts. Not too mention the tips on great books to read!
    It's apparent you are one classy gal and it's quite fun to follow along and believe that I may, one day, have enough skills to create pleasant cards and gift tags that will awe the recipient!
    Thank you for the inspiration and motivation.
    Your e-friend, Jan Elmore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Card Suzanne! I really like how you paper pieced and colored with copics, what an awesome twist! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne,

    I just love this card! It feels like winter and spring all rolled into one :-)

    Gotta look for that leaf die!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. The ivory flower soft is nice and not so bright. Gorgeous and dang that Kaisercraft for having even MORE stunning papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year!! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet Suzanne - I am a big bird feeder so I really adore this card.
    Sigh - so cute!!!
    Sandy Dehon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne! It surely did bring a big smile to my face! How cute & darling that is! Love it!

    Glad to hear that you had a nice quiet New Year's Eve. That can be a really good thing.....KWIM! LOL I surely don't need more drama in my life. LOL

    Can't wait to see the Valentine card you have for us tomorrow.

    Happy Huggies ~ Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love the addition of flower soft, and all the sparkles and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful card...the colors are fabulous. AFter re-reading I fond my answer. The coat looks fabulous; the coat looks like it had been stuffed...yep a Copic trick! Just darling Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Suzanne...how sweet!! I love this color combo...and the paper piecing is perfect!! I love Elisabeth Bell images...and this one is such a cutie patootie!!
    Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover