Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh Baby!

Yayyy its Friday my friends!  Dontcha' just love the weekends?  We are going out to dinner with friends Saturday evening and then hubby and I are off to a big RV show on Sunday!  I know, I know it sounds incredibly exciting, hee hee, but we like to look at RVs for some reason.  Maybe one day we'll buy one and travel the country--a gal can dream right!  Tonight I'm doing NOTHING, ordering Japanese and watching a movie on Apple TV with the hubster and son--daughter is off to a basketball game.  So I'm gonna feed my face with hibachi scallops, filet mignon and rice, watch "Dinner For Schmucks" and do some reading.  I am almost done with "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follet---although I had to take a break for a few days and I started reading Susan Wiggs "Lakeshore Chronicles" series (really good) which was a nice read.  I have 3 more in the series to go which I'm looking forward to.  But I'll finish the Pillars book this weekend I think--the underlying story is very, very good but the violence is a bit off-putting but I'll make it through, lol!  And it was fun to read your comments on yesterday's post about being "Unplugged"--I love a good discussion!  I do feel that our kids are more techno savvy than my generation was BUT I do think that because they do so much social interaction thru tech gadgets that when push comes to shove they don't have the practice/ability to do it face to face.  Which is scary when they will possibly have to talk in front of an audience, do an interview, negotiate a deal--those are things that still have to be done person-to-person.  I think it's awesome that we can all keep in touch with so many of our friends nowadays, make new friends and start businesses but I think we need to keep "real life skills" in place as well.  Technology should NEVER replace person-to-person interaction--if it does than we'll all be robots, LOL!

Okay let's get on to my next Kraftin' Kimmie Sneak Peek for you today!

************************************************************
Oh Baby!!
 
Another round of sneakie peekies for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps NEW Releases--they will be available for purchase on Sunday!  Today I get to share a cutie-patootie baby stamp by Steven Leary for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps--it's called "Baby Bubble Bath"!  I think its so cute and super fun to use for any baby events in your life!  The rubber duckie on his head prompted me to pull out this fun paper from Cosmo Cricket called "Togetherness"--I love the fun duck print and colors! Perfect for this :)  Make sure to stop by the Kraftin' Kimmie Blog HERE to see the rest of the DT's and Guests (like me) projects for more sneakie peekies!!


I kept most of the details simple as I wanted the fun paper to really stand out along with the cute image!  The bow was done with my fave Bow Easy and PTI ribbon with a button center accent.  Then I added a few more small buttons to the corner and the border trim was done with a MS border punch.


The image was colored with copics (R05,R02,R00/YG67,YG03,G20/Y15,Y11,Y00/BG10,C1) and then I had fun with some products.  I added some white liquid applique to the bubbles (heated to puff up) and then stickles on the water and soap bubbles.  The sentiment is from PTI!

Have a great weekend and check back here tomorrow with another fun Kraftin' Kimmie sneakie peekie!



17 comments:

  1. Awesome baby card! I love the goodies that you added! The paper is wonderful! Have a great weekend and rest a bit also! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne!!! It´s absolutely Adorable!!!
    Do you want some rain??? I´m being almost moldy!!!:(((
    Have a marvellous weekend!
    Love and hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne...we're thrilled to have you playing along with us Krafty Girls this month! :) Your "Stripes" card yesterday was gorgeous (loved the beautiful feather blending on the butterfly)...and this baby card is just adorable! I love the fun paper you used, and the sentiment is perfect. Looking forward to the rest of your "sneak peeks"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. Such a cute card. I love Kimmie Stamps. I have read the Pillars of the Earth book. It is violent and a hard read at times but a good read when all said and done. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family. Thanks again and again for the Epson suggestion. Still lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card Suzanne. I have and LOVE those papers...I think you have inspired me to use them now...LOL!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is as cute as a button! Yes, I saw all the buttons!!
    Sandy Dehon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute Suzanne! Love the dp on this and the color combo. I have Pillars of the Earth on my shelf to read next...loved Fall of Giants and not sure about the gore in Pillars. Will see. Currently reading Unbroken and it is wonderful! Great story on the strength of the American spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne! Sounds like you have all the ingredients for a fun and relaxing weekend. BTW, I really admire you for the stand you've taken regarding ipods, phones, etc. in your home. Your children will really appreciate this when they are adults. Good for you!! I'm not as plugged in as my sons but then I'm an old f***. I do think that I spend way more time on the internet than I should. LOL!

    Love your card! That is one cute Kraftin Kimmie image!! Perfect d.p. and great color combo to highlight this image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute as can be, Suzanne! This is a darling baby card :) Hope your dinner was yummy and tell us how you liked the movie - I'm curious to find out!
    Love and hugs to your entire family -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute as can be, Suzanne! This is a darling baby card :) Hope your dinner was yummy and tell us how you liked the movie - I'm curious to find out!
    Love and hugs to your entire family -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic card. And such a cute stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute, love this card. Enjoy your day out x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this card! The paper and ribbon combos are gorgeous!!! Have a super time tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A rubber ducky always knows where to find the fun, proof positive here. Ya gotta love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Pillars and the sequel World Without End. I guess I didn't have a problem with the violence because that was a fact of life then. I now have Fall of Giants to read and hope it's as good!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover