Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh My Hearts!!

Happy Thursday to you all! Do you have any big plans for the weekend? We actually have nothing going on which is kinda nice. It will take me 1 full day to put away all 12 trees and clean up--I have it down to a science now and they come down much quicker than they go up, LOL! Hubby takes the lights off the trees and then takes the boxes down to our storage area in our basement--he gets the outside lights too cuz I'm NOT going out in the cold, hee hee! The house always looks so bare after I take the Christmas decorations down, kinda sad!

I have had so much fun reading your "sunny day plans" answers to the blog candy question (see here to enter)! You all definitely cheered me up and I PROMISE to finish reading "Pillars of Earth", lol! I am really enjoying the story, its just the violence that bothers me. This is why I don't watch thrillers/horrors/sad drama movies because after I've watched it the pictures/thoughts stay in my brain for weeks and months. I'm a scaredy cat by nature so everything scares me and I have had horrible nightmares since I was young. I wake up hubby at least 2-3 times a week sitting up in bed and screaming. LOL (chuckling) poor hubby--but after 15 years he has gotten used to them and now he just pats me on the shoulder and says "you're fine, you're fine"! Ha! What a comfort he is now hmmmm? LOL! I even can scare the dickens out of the dogs and cats that are in the room with us, hee hee. But seriously, not fun at all for me and very disruptive to my sleep. So that's why I try to keep my visual thoughts and pictures clean KWIM!!

NewsBitz:

-Only a couple more days to take part in the Holiday Special for the Color Me Creative Classroom! SALE on all the online Copic Classes thru Jan.8th!

-I will be in Nashville, TN at the Sassy Scrapper in Murfreesboro on Jan.22nd and 23rd! If you want to come and take a class with me I'd be happy to have you! You can find all the details and registration info on my site www.cmcroad.com (scroll down). Next class will be in LA at the Marriott Downtown on Jan.28th--I have a few spots left so if you want to come register quickly!!

*************************************************************************
Oh My Hearts!

Okay I created a card with NO coloring--gasp--shocker I know! I got these beautiful new heart stamps from Lockhart Stamp Co. from my pal Susana at SCACD (see the whole new collection here)! This image is called "Lace Heart" and I love the fine details drawn into it--so very elegant! They were just calling out to be used so I based the card around the image! My sketch is based on the Verve Weekly Challenge HERE that I found on my friend Amy Scheffer's blog. She always has the best sketches posted and her work is beautiful so if you haven't been to see her you should go (run, go now)! I was feeling like I was in a rut so when I was blog hopping and saw this sketch I knew I needed to give it a go as it's different shaped than what I usually do. It's good to mix it up and challenge yourself now & again right? RIGHT? LOL!


All of my papers are from the Kaisercraft "After Five" paper pad--the patterns are beautiful and all done in shades of gray, black and off white. Some of the papers are foiled as well, nice & shiny! I used cs in dove gray, silver and black for my matting and then the borders were done with my MS border punches. The scrolls were done with my Marianne Designs dies and those pretty flowers come in a small paint can in the Michaels store wedding section. They are perfect for airbrushing, coloring or spritzing--you get like 200 in the tin. I stacked 3 together and punched a small hole in the center and put a pearl brad in the center--easy and pretty!


I inked up "Lace Heart" with Versamark ink and embossed it onto black cardstock. I used the Stewart Superior "Filigree" embossing powder in silver to emboss this stamp--it is the BEST ep to use when you have a fine detailed image like this as it keeps its shape and doesn't meld all over the place. After embossing it I cut it out and added small pearl accents with my Viva Decor Pearl Pen (ice white) and some stickles too! The mat cut behind her was done with my SB's nesties Labels 15 and then embossed with the CB folder "swiss dots".


So pretty and elegant and very different from what I usually create--I LIKE it, LOL! I think it would be perfect for weddings, anniversaries and Valentine's Day! So make sure to check out the NEW Lockhart Stamp Co stamps here at SCACD!

See you back here tomorrow with another FUN post!!


25 comments:

  1. wow wat een prachtige kaart
    and I just love the hart en paper
    super !
    liefs,ans xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my....awesome embossing....so clear for that detailed image...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, I'm sorry to hear about your nightmares. I once spent 1/2 a movie in the restroom and it cured my horror movie phase. Don't watch them anymore. However, I did love Pillars of the Earth in both book and movie form (it's on Netflix). Hugs, C2

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card Suzanne.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning and elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What????? No Copics? LOL (okay...........picking myself up off the floor now) LOL Gotta give you a hard time, GF! LOL

    This card is gorgeous! And perfect for any "love" occasion. Love the beautiful heart & all the intricate detail. You're right.......that embossing stuff really stays put on the design. Lovely!

    (btw........Wish I could make the class this month in LA but I just can't swing it this time. Bummer!)

    Happy Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne,
    Gorgeous card, looks very elegant and sophisticated! I kwym about the photographic memory, things get stuck in my head and then I have bad dreams about them! It's horrible! Take Care! Lyns xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. Its so beautiful, and its good to leave your comfort zone every now and then.Have a great weekend and I hope you don't get the snow we are expecting tomorrow in Jersey. I hate it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow just so beautiful and striking! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's absolutely stunning!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh Suzanne, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you did the heart, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ***GASP*** Your card is STUNNING no wait it's GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so unbelievably gorgeous! Love the elegant blacks and grays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love the elegant look. Black and white (without coloring) is a wonderful look! Good luck with taking down 12 trees. That seems a bit daunting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely Adorable and you are so right... elegant! Perfect for a wedding! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love love love this card. OMG I just love it. It is sooo pretty and elegant. I would use this card over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulously elegant!

    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowzer! This is one GORGEOUS card!! Love the black/white/silver elegant color combo with that beautiful lacey heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is exquisite...OMG beautiful. that stamps is a must for every romantic. The mono tones is just ...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, Suzanne!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so elegant.. Love the papers, as for the stamp I would have thought is was a doily absolutely fantastic the way you embossed it

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is beautiful, love those papers x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gasp, Suzanne, this is GORGEOUS! So very elegant! That heart image is amazing! Glad you liked Amber's Viva la Verve sketch -- I fell in love with it, too! See you in LA in a few weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another one I have missed. I am so far behind. This is the most elegant card. I love that heart and you have everything matching so beautifully.
    I love the design paper and love how you left it without color. Just super.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  25. ELEGANT design, embossed so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover