Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sweet As Apple Pie!!

Happy Saturday my friends!  It's a sunny day today and supposed to be in the 40's here--ITS A HEAT WAVE I TELL YA, LOL!  Pretty sad when 45 degrees feels warm to ya, hee hee!  But I am grateful that the sun has come back for a few days and whisked away the dreary skies.  I have a very sick son at home so I am in mother-hen mode---he has a severe case of bronchitis that is flaring up his asthma and he's just not doing so hot.  I kept him home from school yesterday and he's been laying around and I'm feeding him with fruits and vitamins and feeling his head and chest---I think he's a bit sick of me, LOL!  But last year this happened at the same time and it was scary with many trips to the doctors so I'm crossing my fingers he comes out of it soon.  It's hard to see your kids so sick that's for sure!  So my post is short today as I'm tired, stressed and need to chill with him for a bit so I apologize.  Hope you have a beautiful weekend doing some relaxing & crafting!  I'll be rooting the Baltimore RAVENS to victory today when we watch the football game at 4:30 pm!  It's time for the STEELERS to be FROZEN OUT! LOL--sorry PA fans, I'm just a friendly rival :)  But ya'll are going DOWN--(please don't make me eat my words)!

**Today is the last day of Kraftin' Kimmie Sneakie Peekies and tomorrow is RELEASE DAY--yay!  There will be a fun Blog Hop to kick it off tomorrow morning so make sure to stop on by okay!?  Also there is today's Kraftin' Kimmie's Challenge which is to use "Florals" in your papers and trims--check out the deets here!

**Also today is the Copic Creations Challenge and our sponsor is "Prairie Fairy" which has a huge and glorious variety of digi stamps to choose from.  Make sure to hop over to the Copic Creations Challenge Blog to see the DT projects and how to play along!  I'll have my card up early next week for you with all the deets!

*****************************************************************
Sweeter Than Apple Pie!!


She is sweeter than apple pie dontcha' think?  This is "Abigail Apple" by Annie Rodrigue for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and she's available for purchase tomorrow (also available here in the US).  Something about her dress just gave me "scah-let fevah dahling", LOL, and all I could think about was Gone With The Wind and that lovely green dress Scarlet wears.  And then I thought about Granny Smith Apples to come up with my color scheme--why my mind goes where it goes, who knows, LOL!  So she got a debutante's gown of bright white and apple green which is so fresh and springy--makes me long for warmer weather!

The papers are from K&Company "Floral Dreams" and I loved the soft patterns and matching colors!  I embossed the white background with a brocade-like Cuttlebug Folder and the white trim was done with a MS punch.  I used a Marianne Designs die for my scroll-work and then added Prima layered flowers to my bow.  Since today's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge is all about florals I wanted to use a giant one, LOL!  A few Bella Baubles in light green finish off the card.



I colored my "Abigail Apple" with Copics (YG67,YG03,G20/C1,C00/E29,E25,E31,E50)--I shaded the white parts of the dress with my grays.  In my pics it really washed out but IRL you can see the gray shading more, lol--that's the problem with photographing white, it can be super tricky!  The ribbon accent at the hem, hair bows and bodice of her dress got the stardust Stickles treatment and then I added Diamond Glaze to the apples and her eyes.  Don't they look yummy or am I just hungry?



Now make sure to hop over to see the other Krafty Girls DT sneakie peekies--you can find all the links for them HERE!  And tomorrow is the blog hop and release so I'll see you back here bright and early!!  Have a good one!


23 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! The colours are gorgeous on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Image and I love the way you colored her and her dress! It does make me think of summer! I sure Riley pulls out of this soon for both your sakes! Have a great weekend and hug Riley for me! (I also have asthma, so I completely understand how a cold, can turn to bronchitis in a blink of an eye, and then into an asthma attack! Take Care! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO super cute! LOVE her w/ green apples! Have fun at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! Well, green is my very favorite color. I love the flower and swirl in the corner. Your coloring is gorgeous. My favorite card of all the peeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Suzanne....I'm speechless. Okay, not really....Abigail looks GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the green and white colour scheme...it looks so rich, especially with the embossed piece behind. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh Suzanne this is so sweet and cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card! The color is yummy and I love the scrolls. Hope your son feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oh my she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the green~~This card is As Sweet As Apple Pie :D
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, she's adorable!! Love the green on her gown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wondeful colors...love the green!!!! It´s stunning!
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a GORGEOUS card. I love how you have colored her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzanne, Abigal looks stunning in green! This is just beautiful!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, this is just adorable! I love all the greens on this card and the sparkle on Abigal's dress is too cute!!

    Hope your little guys gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry Riley isn't feeling well and hope he feels better soon. Love your card! Love the image and those greens are beautiful. Suzanne, you would not believe the mess Pittsburgh has right now. Gosh, there are these purple, dead birds everywhere! From what I understood is they couldn't take the heat of the steel curtain!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. really beautiful, fresh card Suzanne, hope your son feels better soon and that you get a rest too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hiya Hun, you have made a super flabby card with this sweetie of an image. Hope that your son improves and that u get to destress. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really yummy, Suzanne! Love all the green!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE her! LOVE the mainly white space and the pops of vibrant greens!! Its stunning :)
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! I just love that you used green for the apples instead of red!

    ReplyDelete
  20. aaaaaaa delish in green, Suzanne! How cute is she!!! Big eyes & all! LOL

    Love it!

    Huggies ~ Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Only ou could make a totally cute card elegant at the same time! I just absolutely love this set! Guess I'll have to go and buy it now ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope your son gets better soon. It's awful when they are so sick. Just love your card. She is just the cutest and I love how you coloured her

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover