Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blingify and Beautify!

Happy Saturday to you all!  Well the snow missed us here in VA so that makes me happy but I hear another storm is in the works for Tuesday--yikes!  I am SICK with a flu bug that my oh-so-generous hubby passed on to me, blech!  I got sick yesterday morning and have yet to feel better so its a jammie day again for me, LOL!  I'd rather be sick now and clear it out than when I get ready to travel later this month. So not sure how much I'll get done this weekend but my goal is to still get all 12 trees down and packed--I got most of the other decorations down over this week so that's done.  Hubby informs ME that it is NFL Football Playoff weekend but I informed HIM that I could care less, LOL, and we will be taking down the decorations :)  He did not respond which means he knows I WON, LMBO!  I may be sick but I can still take a stand!

NewsBitz:

-NEW Distress Ink Class pre-registering at the Color Me Creative Classroom Now!  The fabulously talented Angie Hunt is the instructor and you will learn lots about watercoloring with Distress Inks! You can pre-register now and the class premieres on Monday, Jan 10th at which time the invites will be sent out.  Read all about the class HERE (hover over the Class Info/Pricing tab and click on Distress Class)!

-Holiday Sale!  Today (Jan.8th) is the last day for the holiday special on all online copic classes at the Color Me Creative Classroom!  See HERE for all the details!

*********************************************************
Beautified & Blingified !!


Well aren't I a lucky gal this month as I get to guest design for a few fabulous companies including Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!  Yay--I love Kimmie stamps and the real-life Kimmie too :)  We finally got to meet at CHA this past summer and she's a real cutie and super nice too so I was thrilled to guest design this month.  She'll be SO THRILLED to see this pic of her, my funny pal Andi Murdock and myself at CHA, hee hee (that's me in my snazzy Scor-Pal shirt and Kimmie is on the right)!!



Well every Saturday Kraftin' Kimmie's Blog has a fun challenge and this week is Challenge #60 hosted by Michele Boyer--the challenge is to use NO RIBBONS or FIBERS (gasp)!  It was hard but I managed to do it, LOL!

PS--NEW Releases from Kraftin' Kimmie come out next week so stay tuned for them!!

I love, love, LOVE to color these Kraftin' Kimmie stamps--why you ask? Because not only are they cute and fun but they have so much space/area within the image that you can really make your copic techniques shine!  This beauty is called "Betty" and I wish I looked that good right now, LOL, not so much in my jammies, bed head and red nose :)  My papers are all My Minds Eye "Lush"--one of my fave lines to use!  I added a Prima Pearl swirl and some Prima roses/hydrangeas to accent the image as well. To offset the flowers I clipped some Prima cream daisy flowers to stick out from the sides--kinda leaf-like but soft & pretty.  The cream trim was created with a MS border punch--since I couldn't use any lace/ribbon/material (sniff...sniff) I created the lacey border with paper!


And yep she got colored with Copics (R12,R11,R00/E29,E25,E31,E50/E11,E00).  This pretty gal had to have some BLING so I added stardust stickles to her belt, stocking borders and pretty top.  And yes I added some sparkle to her eyelids too--this gal has got it GOIN' ON I tell ya, hee hee!  Hubby would so be wishin' this was me on Valentine's Day, ha ha ha!


Hope you enjoyed this beauty today and make sure to stop by the Kraftin' Kimmie Blog to see the other DT projects and to join in the fun!!  Have a great weekend!


20 comments:

  1. First let me say, I hope you feel better, I am sick in bed with the flu as we speak.. Every symptom you can think of, I have. Not are if the worst is the shivering making my teeth chatter or the aches and pains. So please if you think you have the flu, go to the doctor so he can put you on some medicine..

    Now onto your card, love it!! As always, a great job

    Feel better
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne,
    wow you are right dear, they are such a fun to colour.
    Love the combination of colours with the paper, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is fabulous and the girl is so pretty.. love the way you colored her.. she is so sexy!!hihi
    xxx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so sorry to hear that you have the flu! Don't do to much and get some REST! (LOL... on standing your ground about getting the decorations down!) Your card is awesome! What a hard challenge... NO RIBBON OR FIBERS, I don't know that I could have done that! Hope you feel better soon! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, Suzanne, she's hot to trot!!!

    Have fun taking down all those trees....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorrrrgeous Suzanne! Love your color combo and pearl swirl and of course, your coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne - hope you get well real soon!!

    Your card is wonderful. You have made this image come to life! LOVE the stickles and the way you have coloured her :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's a sassy gal for sure. I love the coloring and especially the bling! Who wouldn't want to be Betty? Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. woooohooooo!!! Suzanne this the other side of you i didn't know lol!!!!!!! Girl what your playing with lol!!????? JK! This girl looks smokiiiiiing.I love the touch of swirl pearls to give it a soft touch.Very pretty ,nice pix lol!!! Have a great weekend,RubyM:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure hope you're feeling better by now, Suzanne!
    Love this card & her glittery eyelids. LOL Toooooo cute! I'll bet she could get her way just by batting those eyes. LOL

    Love the way you used the flower petals to fan out beneath the other flowers. Cool technique.

    Huggies & here's hoping you're much, much better on Sunday.
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get well soon Suzanne. What a great card ... just love how you coloured Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty is adorable! I love Kraftin' Kimmie stamps and you have certainly made this one shine...figuratively and literally...LOL! I love your blog and follow you daily. Thanks for the constant stream of inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card, perfectly coloured. Hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry you have been sick, Suzanne. I hope you feeling better today and are able to tackle those trees! LOL! I'm not sick a nd I don't feel like taking down the Christmas tree/decorations so I can't imagine that you feel like doing twelve! Love you card! It is so fun and blingy even though it doesn't have any fibers! Love those glittery eyelids and the bling swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWZA! Betty looks fantastic, Suzanne! I know what you mean about the no fiber rule but you rocked it, missy! Nothing missing on this gorgeous creation! I'm so glad to have you as a guest Krafty Girl this month! I can't wait to see what else you've got goin' on! Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Feel better soon Suzanne, there's been a nasty bout of flu/cold going around here and it's HORRIBLE! I've been laid up with it since Boxing Day so I sincerely hope you aren't in the same predicament! Card is gorgeous! I love the pearls and colours, it's fantastic as always! Take Care, Lyns xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. HEY fellow KK Guest! HOW FUN! I don't think I've ever actually been on a team w/ you so this is super cool! Can't wait to see you next week! We will ahve to make a game plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi i am following your blog,
    i like your cards very much
    it gives me lot of inspiratioens

    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow- you do such wonderful coloring !!! I love that fabulous sparkle of that HOTTIE image!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover