Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snuggle Up!!

Happy, Happy Wednesday to you all!  I am STRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!!  LOL---yikes, so much still to get done today before I head to CHA tomorrow.  And now they are calling for snow today---omg are the weather gods trying to KILL me!  I am so sick and tired of cruddy weather and if my flight is delayed I am going to LAY AN EGG I tell ya, LOL---I have got to be in LA by Friday morning to teach my class.  ACKKKKKKKKKKKK!  This is the only thing about CHA being in January--you never know what the weather is going to be like here, terribly stressful that's for sure.  So please pray with me that we end up with mostly rain and NO snow 'kay?  I seriously am going to need to be drugged on this flight--poor Marti--AND we have a layover in Denver of all places.  Are you kidding me? 

If I make it to LA in one cohesive piece I'm going to kiss the ground I swear---Marti will take a pic of me doing it, LOL!  I will be posting sporadically while I'm gone so please make sure to check in for new projects, new challenges and NEWSIES from CHA :)


**************************************************************
Snuggle Up!!


Today I have a vintage, shabby-chic project to share with you all!  I am a guest designer for In Style Stamps for 3 months so I am sharing my project with you today for the month of January.  This fun lil' digi image is called "Small Cup" and I was imagining it filled to the brim with some yummy raspberry hot cocoa---mmmmmmm good!  Perfect for this freezing weather we're having right now!  Perfect card for a friend to let her know you are thinking of her!  I also did this card for this week's SCS Color Challenge CC305 which was to use a light, medium & dark pink and one neutral color--I have more neutral than pinks but I did use all the colors, LOL!

I really enjoy using digi stamps because they are so convenient, easy to resize and easy to store.  In Style Stamps has lots of great digis for you to use too--see them all HERE!  I created a digi stamp faq sheet HERE awhile ago if you are new to digi images.

My papers are from K&Company--I love the vintage feel they give to my project.  I distressed a lot of the edges with my Zutter Distress It Tool and then inked the edges.  The center panel was made by using my MS border punch on both sides of my cream cs, then ran it thru a Cuttlebug folder (swiss dots) and inked the edges.  A bow, some Prima flowers and small tag finish this card off.



Here is the "Small Cup" up close---I colored it with Copics and then added Stickles to the steam & cute heart on the front.  I used my oval SB's nesties to cut the image and matting out & inked all the edges with my Inkssentials Blending Tool.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...mmmm..............good!

Have a wonderful day---and hopefully when you hear from me next I will be in LA safe & sound for a few days!



23 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Your work always blows me away. You always have such great detail! It's simply stunning.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Suzanne! I pray for a safe, non delayed trip! I love the all the extra goodies that you have used on this card! Have a great time! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Suzanne. Very pretty.

    I'll be hoping that the weather misses you and that your flight will be without incident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, and I love that paper and all your extras, the ribbon, the band across embossed with the Swiss dots, and how you paper pierced the steam.. Beautifully done

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a pretty, elegant card !
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a safe trip and have fun at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. Great idea with punching out the center strip and embossing with the swiss dots on the Cuttlebug. I'll have to try that. Love to get ideas from you - you have so many creative ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne,

    Hope you have a trouble-free trip with NO SNOW! I tell you I am DONE WITH SNOW!!! 2010 took the snow fall too far! lmao! Hope you have fun at CHA. Your card is amazing as always, really soft and feminine! Love it. Take Care, Lyns xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just gorgeous! I just love the paper that you used for that wonderful image.Those little steam dots are perfect!
    Have a safe trip...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne, this is just so adorable!!! It's perfect!!!
    Hope all goes well for your trip and that the weather cooperates!!! I hate winter....
    Hugs,
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, Suzanne! Love the image and the dp. Praying for a safe and uneventful trip for you. Hate to tell you but you'll be flying over us and we are supposed to get snow too. Hopefully the weatherman will be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. Have fun at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzanne!!! I love the simplicityu and the elegance of your card!!! The embossing die, the papers and the ribbom are so wonderful!!!
    Just a little thing!!! Do you know how we say tea here??? It´s Cha. :))

    So... have a lot of fun at CHA!!!:)))

    Love and hugs

    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous card! Great colors & distressing!
    BTW, I live south of Denver & we're expecting unusual warmth through Saturday, so you won't have problems with your layover here. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card...I live just outside of Denver (of all places) and absolutely love it out here. The weather is gorgeous these days and should be in the 60's tomorrow/Friday..so it's not Denver's fault. Hopefully you won't get snowed in and can get to CHA on time.

    Have a great time..and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card...I live just outside of Denver (of all places) and absolutely love it out here. The weather is gorgeous these days and should be in the 60's tomorrow/Friday..so it's not Denver's fault. Hopefully you won't get snowed in and can get to CHA on time.

    Have a great time..and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Was there hot chocolate in that cup??? Hope you already drank it to keep you warm until you get to CHA!!! (Lol) Here's hoping you stay cool, calm and collected for your flight to CHA. And you card is warm and cozy...have a great CHA and sell at least one Scor-Pal order...(lol again)!

    Huhz, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. great card, enjoy your trip, fingers crossed the weather gods are kind x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Card ! Have a nice trip to LA and enjoy the CHA ! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you made your flight with no delays.. Beautiful card as always!

    ReplyDelete
  20. when you land in So Cal, it's 70-75 degrees during the day here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Suzanne,

    What a nice cards!!! Beautiful colors. I love your blog, I go follow you :)

    gr. Anda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card and very cute digi stamp!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover