Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Delightful Dahlia Petals!

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Today will be a super short post as the flu bug is kicking my rear and I'm still not up to par yet.  Everytime I look at the computer it looks furry, lol, like it has fur---so if you got weird messages/emails from me that didn't make sense I PROMISE you I wasn't drunk.  Just sick and with poor vision right now, LOL and I apologize! Thank goodness for my treasure trove of projects I made last year for my 6 month stint as a Dirty Girl on the Dirty Dozen Team at SCS--it's saved me today as I haven't crafted in a few days.  I'm super hopeful to get back in the studio today and do some work and catch up a  bit.  I hope none of you get the sickie-ickies, not fun at all :(

But I did get 10 of my 12 Christmas trees down and put away thanks to hubby helping me.  I will finish the others tonight but hubby has to get the outside decorations---wayyyyy too cold out for me, brrr.  They are calling for snow and ice this evening but I'm praying its a non-event for us, lol!  And the Ravens won their game on Saturday so I'm hoping they beat the Steelers this coming weekend too--I would like a hometown team in the Superbowl this year :) (sorry to the PA fans)

NewsBitz:

-The Distress Inks 1 Class by Angie Hunt premiered yesterday at CMC!  If you sign up before Jan.24th you will get a discount on the total--see all the details at the Color Me Creative Classroom HERE!

-Check out the sparkly NEW fabulous Best Creation paper pads at SCACD--they are beeeeutiful and I need some too, lol!


*************************************************************************
Delightful Delilah Petals!



This fun gift set was made using a beautiful stamp set from Paper Trey Ink called "Delightful Dahlia".  This set is so versatile and so many fun ways to color.  I created a card with a 3-D version of the dahlia and a matching canvas coin purse.




I stamped the main dahlia image 3 times and colored it with copics using the "feathering" technique.  Then I cut out the different layers and popped them up with dimensionals for that fun 3-dimensional look.  Stickles on the petals add some sparkle as well.  The papers were from my very full scrap bin :) and then I added some matching pearls to the center of the dahlia and corners of the card.

I picked up a few of these canvas coin purses in my local craft store--they were only $2 each.  They are very fun to color!  I stamped with VersaCraft ink (which is for fabric and washable, works with copics too) and then colored with copics (V17,V12,V000/B04,B02,B00).  After I colored it I ironed it good to heat set the ink.  Then I added a matching pearl again but glued it on with a rhinestone/fabric adhesive so it won't budge. 

Hope you enjoyed this post today and sorry for the short post, my bed is calling me and my eyes need a rest, LOL!  See you tomorrow!



19 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Hope you're feeling a lot better today. I started yesterday and didn't feel like continuing to clean out my craft room yesterday or today. I slept all day yesterday and today I took a nap and finished reading my book on my Kindle. I feel better now and hopefully a lot better tomorrow.
    Take care and hope the bug leaves you real soon.
    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzanne, this is just gorgeous!!! What a fantastic work of art. Love how you did the different layers and the choice of colors is just perfect!

    Hope you get to feeling better real soon........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your project Suzanne and I sure hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne,
    So sorry to hear that you have been sick. Hope you are feeling better soon. I would like to see the Ravens win as well. I'm a NY Jets fan, but I would love to see Ohr in a play-off.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Suzanne! I sure hope you kick that flu-bugs butt soon! It has been long enough... don't ya think! LOL! I love your card and coin purse! They are just beautiful! Thanks for the tip on the Versacraft Ink! I did not know that is was usable with copics! Hope you get to feeling like yourself ASAP! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and coin purse Suzanne. I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne!!!!Wow! This is such a fantastic idea! The card and the coin bag are so beautiful and your coloring is always fabulous!
    Amazing like everything you do!!:)))
    Big hugs!!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are feeling much better. This is absolutely stunning. I love this. Your work is all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I love all of the layers and the layout is clean and really showcases the stamp. The coin purse is just adorable. Great little gift set idea. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your feeling better and better every day. bummer you got the bug.
    The flower card and bag is awesome. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the colors and how you layered the flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty set, love your colors!! I have never seen a change purse, what a sweet gift!I hope you rest up and feel better very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Suzanne. I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope that your bug decides to fly the coop soon. No fun when you really can't get out of bed. Get some rest. I love your card and the coin purse. Super, super pretty and a great idea. Take care. Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  14. love what you did, hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG Suzanne, this project is gorgeous! I love the colors you used and the coin purse is soooooo cute. TFS
    Hugs from Indiana,
    Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry you are sick, hope you are well soon. The card and purse are beautiful!! Being sick hasn't affected your crafting skills at all. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzanne - what a beautiful set!!! I love the dahlia stamps! So,so sorry to hear you are still very sick. Seems like when someone with your boundless energy gets sick, they get hit very hard. Hoping and praying you recover quickly and in time to build your strength before you have to start traveling. Hugs to you, Sharon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, this is absolutely gorgeous. I just love it!!! You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this project. I'll have to see if those coin purses are available in Australia. And the card is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover