Saturday, February 12, 2011

Family, Friendship & Love!!

Hello lovely friends and Happy Weekend to you all!  I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend and maybe getting some time for arts and crafts as well.  I am finishing some projects up this afternoon as well before we head out to Riley's favorite restaurant for dinner and then we're off to see the "Gnomeo" movie.  Alexa is already starting to sweat as she has to go to the movies with HER PARENTS--god forbid you know, LOL!  And she LOVES it when I laugh louder than everyone else, hee hee---hey I like to enjoy myself KWIM!  The price of these 3-D movie tickets will break the bank I do know that---this is why I prefer DVD's at home in our media room--much cheaper!  But it's Riley's 13th birthday so anything for him right!

On that subject he took a GIANT leap into manhood this morning (did you hear me crying, sniff sniff).  James taught him how to shave this morning as he was getting a bit of a mustache and I do NOT allow any facial hair in this house, LOL.  He was quite excited about it though, lol, although he would diiiiie if he knew I blogged about it (shhh we won't tell right?).  I'm not really sure I'm ready for my baby to be a teen to tell you truthfully.  It was a bit easier with Alexa (who will be 15 in April) as she was the first born and a girl although this first year of high school was more daunting for me than for her, LOL.  My last baby is now taller than me and is shaving---whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnne!  Where did the time go?  Just when you think you've seen enough legos all over the floor and a messy table after dinner, BOOM, they're all grown up.  So for those of you who still have youngun's at home--I know sometimes its hard but enjoy every minute of it!  Not too many more years before my two are off to college and I'm hoping I've taught them right and prepared them for this crazy world that we have to deal with---egads! The stress that kids bring you, LOL!

So BIG Happy, Happy Birthday Wishes to my baby...errrr..big boy Riley who will be officially 13 at 8:50 pm tonight.  I love you so much buddy and I look forward to seeing what joy the next year brings us!

Also a BIG Happy Birthday to my mom who turns 68 tomorrow on the 13th!  Hope you have a smashing day mom and I PROMISE to get your card out this week, LOL!  (she knows I'm always late even if I'm a cardmaker)!!

NewsBitz:

-YEP, I finally finished them!  Four NEW Copic Videos showing an entire image being colored (skin, clothing, hair, & watercolor-like backgrounds)  Hope you'll check them out below in full length version and hope you like them!  I used a fabulously cute NEW La La Land image for the videos. The links are:
La La Land Skin #1
La La Land Clothing #2
La La LandHair #3
Watercolor-like Backgrounds

-Still a few spots left for the San Diego Copic class on Feb.23rd --- see www.cmcroad.com if interested! I'd love to see you!

-SCACD has some NEW products in store including NEW Embossing Folders by Craft Concepts, Sew Easys, NEW Smooch Colors and fabulous 6x6 paper pads!  You will definitely find something you NEED or WANT, LOL!

**********************************************************
Family Love & Friendship


Today I'm sharing a new card with you featuring a NEW stamp by Carmen Medlin for SCACD called "Fresh Picked".  I loved the old-fashioned feel of this image so I kept the papers and accents elegant and vintage looking!  This card is for the Try It Out Tuesday Challenge which was to use either pink or red AND either white or cream.  I used red and cream and fabulous papers from My Minds Eye.


The images were cut out with Spellbinders Labels 1 (both the regular size & the Grand size)--love this shape and I embossed a smaller label sized die on the cream cs for more dimension.  The scrolls were done with some of my fave Marianne Dies (I just got the new awesome ones in the mail too-yippee).  I adore this sentiment from PTI--it says so much and I for one am VERY thankful for the awesome family & friends I have in my life.  I believe a life full of love, family and good friendship is a GREAT LIFE indeed!  I used my Bow Easy to create my bow and then added a few flowers to the center.  The main image was cut out and then added with dimensionals to the side.



This beautiful image was colored with Copics (R29,R24,R22,R20 and then deepened with W5/E43,E42,E41).  I added a few stickles to the bodice of her dress for some pretty sparkle.


Hope you enjoyed this post and make sure to stop by the SCACD Store Blog HERE to see more of the TIOT Challenge creations by the DT!  Have a great weekend!

**click on video to see larger)
Video 1 (skin tones):


Video 2 (clothing):


Video 3 (hair):


Video 4 (watercolor-like backgrounds):


18 comments:

  1. Suzanne, the card with this image is so romantic and gorgeous.
    I just love the layout and the colours combo.
    Beauty!
    Happy Birthday to your son and Mama!
    Wish them all the best!!!!!
    Hug's
    Renkata

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your videos.

    Thank you so much for creating them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, From the mother of 14 year old twins (my only babies), I feel your pain. I have a love/hate relationship with them growing up. It goes by so fast. Thanks for all the great tutorials. You are a great teacher. Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this really is beautiful. I love the image & the sentiment is beautiful. We have a !sentiment challenge" over at ALLSORTS this week.
    Hugz fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the tutorials!!! I just watched them all! It's awesome because I don't think that you'll ever be doing a class near where I live, lol!
    brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne~~I sure do understand the feelings you are having when our kiddos grow up--hang in there cuz you will be blessed time and time again by them:)
    I haven't been in blogland for awhile but viewing your creations this month~~ALL I can say is AMAZING!!!!!!
    Love the idea of embossing a smaller die onto an already cut die--CCOOOLLLLL!!!!
    I always appreciate your copic videos~~THANKS!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Riley! Enjoy your movie and dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    Your card is stunning, I love it. You blog has made me smile today. I agree the kids grow up way too fast.
    Happy Birthday wishes to your son, hope there's no razor rash!! Happy Birthday to your mum too.
    Luv Hev xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great videos! Thanks so much, Suzanne. Great info on some things I haven't heard before. The instructions are a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for making the new videos. I have been one of the fans waiting for these to be made. I have learned so much about coloring with Copics and I just wanted to say thank you.Also I feel your pain my youngest is 26 and when he left home I cried for days.They do grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new videos Suzanne....thank you! I don't comment alot but I always read you blog, you always give me a chuckle and leave me smiling, such a pleasure to visit.....again Thank You!

    Blessings,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susanne, This card to BEAUTIFUL!!! The colors are so perfect!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the design..
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Suzanne, the card is just wonderful! I love everything about it. I, too, had a daughter first, followed by two sons. As an only child, let's just say it was an experience! Happy Birthday to your son and your Mom. Busy week. Today would have been my
    39th wedding anniversary, Valentine's day is my youngest's BD and then mine is two days later!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome video's and I am so sorry that your baby is growing up so fast! But wish him a "Happy Birthday" from me, even he has no clue who I am! LOL! Your card is wonderful! I love the vintage feel of it! Your coloring is wonderful, as always! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous videos, thanks so much Suzanne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Suzanne!
    Really love your card. Love that sentiment too.
    I just watched your video's and even though I have no Copic's I found it to be wonderful to see how they blend together. I am so tempted to go into debt and buy me some. Love how you did her face.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzanne, thank you so much for the videos I need all the help I can get when it comes to coloring with copics!! Happy Bday to your son and your Mom :) My cards are usually late too and like you I make cards glad to hear I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I get your blog via email whenever you post and enjoy them all but today was the best with the videos. Oh! How I wish I could color like you - I am going to give it a try! Thanks so much for all of your help to us who need as much as they can get.

    Happy birthday Mom and new teenager! Hope they were the best ever!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover