Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Lilac Lovely!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!  As you are reading this I am flying (safely I hope, LOL) to Denver and then onto San Diego.  I should be landing 11 am CA time and then my class starts at 2 pm sharp so not much time to fool around (no flight delays please)!  But it will be nice to be in a warmer climate and see some green---I'm so sick of brown and white if you haven't heard, LOL!  So I will enjoy the milder climate for a bit and then I'm meeting my friend Val Stangle (Scor-Pal diva/Gina K DT sistah) for dinner.  On Thursday I have some work to do and them I'm meeting some old friends for a day of fun and then I fly out on Friday for home.

Can I just say how much I love my family?  LOL!  No really they crack me up and we usually have a really good time when we do things together.  We cooked breakfast for dinner on Monday night (chocolate chip pancakes & omelets, yum) and then we cleaned up having a sing-a-long to Journey's Greatest Hits, LOL!  I know our neighbors think we are NUTZ, hee hee---we're always singing, bantering, screaming and acting goofy in our house.  I'm sure some of you would think you'd entered into an alternate universe if you came to our house, LMBO!  But we have fun and that's what its all about right!  Here's a LINK of a video of our fave "Glee" cast singing a Journey song--it'll always make you smile I promise!

To answer my own question for my blog candy (yesterday's post below): My fave candy would be (I don't eat much candy, I don't really snack much and yes you can shoot me, LOL as one piece of candy does me for a whole week) BUT if I had to pick my top three it would be the Cadbury Mini Eggs (only available now), Godiva Raspberry Truffles or Twizzlers :)


NewsBitz:

-Upcoming CMC Class locations are Florida, Phoenix, Connecticut and Michigan!  Working on North Carolina, Utah and San Jose, CA!!  See all details at www.cmcroad.com!

-Post below this has some super sah-weet Blog Candy, so don't forget to enter for that!

******************************************************************
Lilac Loveliness


Today I have another sweet La La Land Crafts project for you today featuring "Fancy Dress Marci"!  Isn't she a sweetie?  I decided to use lilacs because I think they are so under-used in the papers and embellies these day and they are sooooo darn pretty!  I actually colored this cutie up for the NEW issue of the magazine "Through the Craftroom Door" for a copic article.  I'll also have a video and pdf as well for it.  Do you have a subscription yet of our mini magazine?  You can find out about it HERE!


I used some DCWV papers "Floral Dreams" and then used my Zutter Distress Tool to distress all the edges for a shabby chic effect.   The large border is from a newer MS border punch.  I layered lots of Prima flowers (rosebuds are from Wild Orchid).  I added a few stickles to the larger roses for some pretty sparkle. 


She's just so sweet that I want to squish you!  Copic Colors used:  V17,V15,V12,V000/E11,E00,R20/YR23,YR20,E50/C3,C1,C00.  The I added some stardust Stickles to the white sash and band on her dress, hair bands and roses on her shoes.

Hope you enjoyed this post and I'll have another one for you on Friday!  Have a great week!



27 comments:

  1. Purplicious Suzanne, she is adorable! Have a safe trip, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe flight and hopefully the weather holds up for you while you are in San Diego! I just love what you did with Marci! I tend to gravitate to other colors besides lilac. Your card is beautiful and the coloring on Marci is just breathtaking. Thanks for sharing and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh such a purple-delight :)
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card:-))
    The colouring is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't she adorable??!! Of course, the way you color makes a huge difference as well!! Wouldn't she be cute as a set of paper dolls?? Have a safe journey and great class!
    Hugs,
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh you colored her so BEAUTIFULLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple... My favorite color and you have done an awesome job, as usual! It is good that your family gets along so well! And as far as being NUTS... It is just perfect! Hope you have a safe trip! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Travel safe...love your card today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. San Jose Copic class! Yea! I will so be there. I was hoping you would come to the Bay Area - especially since you design for Susana. And now 7 Kids College Fund is caarrying LaLa Land stamps. I have taken classes from Irina and found your blog from looking at her blog. I would be so happy to meet you and take a Class. Connie - Mom to the Cairns, Max, Rosie and Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is awesome!
    hugs Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coloring is awesome.My husband
    also loves those cadbury eggs. I
    do not like them at all . Have
    a safe trip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, this is PRECIOUS!! LOVE HER *Ü* She's definately one of my faves from LaLa Land and you did an amazing job with the lilac! Love her cute white freckles too! =)
    ~Kristine
    LaLa Land DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thinnk she is so cute. I have been looking at her for a long time. Awwesome purple job!!!!!Of course!!!! Would not expect anything less..... Have a wonderful trip. Take time to enjoy yourself.......Wish you were coming closer when you come into MI. Maybe the next Mi trip will be closer like the last one.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are coming to San Jose to teach a Copic Class! Yeah, can hardly wait. When you were asking for suggestions, I had asked for Cupertino which is next door to San Jose. Glad it isn't this weekend as snow is being predicted down to the 500 foot level in the San Francisco Bay area. Hope you have wonderful weather in San Diego. Love what you have created with Irina's stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOOOoooooo I'm lovin' these lilac colors, Suzanne! How pretty & sweet & oh so feminine! Love it & of course love your amazing card!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card and lilac is one of my favorite colors. Have a safe trip and lots of fun.

    mmlmn @polarcomm.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you arrived safely!

    My daughter and I are such gleeks!!! I was hoping to be able to take her to see Glee on tour, but the tickets are $200 a pop!!!! I am soooooo bummed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is adorable and she really pops with the lilac colors. She does look squeezable. Have a safe trip and enjoy your class and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my goodness, Suzanna! This card is adorable! I've not seen Fancy Marci in purples before and I love it! I'm so excited that 2 of my favorites have finally come together...Lala Land Crafts and Suzanne Dean! It's a wonderful combination and makes my face smile all over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for linking up the Glee video - love it!!! And it totally made me smile! Such a pretty card !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your card, Suzanne.....

    Hope you had a great time in our beautiful city!!! Too bad I was sick and couldn't make the class. Hopefully you'll love it here and want to come back for and intermediate one!!!

    Have a great rest of the week.......

    ReplyDelete
  22. I live in CO and just came back from CA, so I know you're not going to be greeted by typical California gorgeous weather!! But enjoy what you can of it....loving all that you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the lilac, but I lovvvveee the La La Land figure, and I just have to ask . . .instead of blue ballerina, and lilac cutie, have you done one in orange or peach? I would love to see that! Thanks again and keep on a singin!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a precious card! I always love how you mix & match your papers and colors, such a personal touch.Janine

    ReplyDelete
  25. Suzanne, two things.. First of all, I LOOOVE what you created with our Marci!! She sure looks great colored in purples and your card is just AWESOME!!! Secondly, when you are in San Jose you just HAVE TO let us take you out to dinner!!!! Please email me the dates once your trip is finalized :-)

    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover