Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gina K Release Sneakie Peekies!

Happy Tuesday everyone!  How are you all today?  Did you all have a fantastic Valentine's Day yesterday?  I went out to lunch with a few of my friends that I don't see often enough and we had our own special "girls valentine's day lunch" LOL!  It was nice to laugh & catch up AND it was 64 FABULOUS degrees here in VA--wowza!  I got to leave the house without a jacket, how 'bout them apples--loved it.  Friday it will be 68 degrees here and I'm thinking that Suzanne will be getting some sun on the patio, LOL!  Then I was back home to get some work done when hubby called and told me to be ready to leave the house at 6:30 pm for a special "date"...hmmmmmmm...what the heck was he up to?  I quickly scrambled to finish a release project and get ready and get the kids fed--of course they are teens and they like leftovers so all was good!  Well he took me to one of my fave restaurants (just me, no teens, lol) and then to see a movie---awwwww--we saw the new Jennifer Aniston movie "Just Go With It".  It was really, really funny and if James denies he liked it to anyone---well he's LYYYING! LOL!  He laughed more than I did, LOL--it was funny and it wasn't crude at all--dumb reviewers, I never believe what they say!  I prefer to make my own decisions KWIM :)  So it was a nice way to spend time together last night.  We always do so much as a "family pack of 4" (that's what I call us,lol) and that is always fun and nice BUT it's also nice to do fun things by ourselves.  Thank goodness we still have lots to talk about, laugh together and like the same things--we've never lost that part of ourselves and for that I'm thankful :) So it was a great day!  But now back to the ole' grindstone today, hee hee!


********************************************************
GINA K Designs New Sneakie Peekies!

Today is Day #2 of the Gina K New Release Sneak Peeks!  These new stamp sets will knock your socks off that's for sure and you will want them all (badly, lol)!  At the end of my post I've added the other DT gals who are posting today so you can get even more great inspiration and see these sets in action!  Make sure to visit Gina's Blog HERE everyday as well---she is giving away some new stamp sets this release and I know you'd love to win some!!

I'm lucky to be showcasing two NEW Stamp Sets today for you!  Hope you enjoy them!  These sets will all be released late Thursday (Feb. 17th) evening!

The first stamp set I'm showcasing is "Little Critters" illustrated by Theresa Momber for Gina K.  This set has some really cute little critters and fabulous & beautiful floral images.  I chose to use this gorgeous flower image and fern image from the set.  I'm so wanting it to be spring so I seem to be choosing a lot of images and colors that evoke that feeling :) -- just can't help it!  I chose some gorgeous SEI papers to set the color scheme of my card.  I make a lot of square 5.5x5.5" cards so its always nice to switch it up and do a different shape like this longer card. 

I cut my main image and mat with my Spellbinders circle dies and the mat behind that is Labels 15--I used a gold metallic pen to outline the labels 15 to match the gold foil in the patterned paper.  Just an extra element to make it super special.  Bow Easy was used on my bow (I use this lil' fabby tool everyday) and then I twisted a few Prima flowers together and added them to the center.  I used a super small Spellbinders die from the "Peony" set for the upper right embellishments--cut them from my olive green cs and then put a gold Bella Bauble in the center of each one. 


I masked my floral image and stamped the fern image in green ink behind it.  Then I colored and stamped two of each of the flowers so I could cut out one set and pop it up for a more dimensional look.  Of course the images are colored with Copics (Y38,Y35,YR20/G99,G82,G20) and then a few stardust stickles to give them a pretty sparkle.

Second project for today uses the new stamp set "Chocolate Bunnies" illustrated by Asela Hopkins for Gina K Designs.  This set is just squish-em cute and perfect for the upcoming Easter Holiday!  As soon as I saw this set I knew exactly which images I would use and how I would use them (love it when that happens, lol).  I wanted to create a really graphic but elegant Easter Card with a TWIST!  I love twists, LOL and this twist is the fun sentiment "Bite Me" along with his chomped on ears (done with a small paper punch)!  The sentiment is on a Spellbinders Fancy Tags die and then I inked the edges with brown ink--the corner embellies are also by Spellbinders and then inked them with white ink to make the embossing on them really pop!  The papers are all from My Mind's Eye "Lush" series (one of my faves)!

 

Here's this cute chocolate bunny all colored up--doesn't he look yummy (sorry bunny)!  He's colored with Copics (E25,E31,E50,E51) and then he got a nice coat of Diamond Glaze (crystal lacquer is the same).  Once the glaze dried I used my small round paper punch to give him a few bites on his ears, LOL!  The cream mat behind him was embossed with one of my fave Cuttlebug Embossing Folders "D'Vine Swirls".  I just adore this card and will probably be giving it to my teen daughter this Easter season---she has a fabulous sense of crude humor like me (a chip off the ole' block, lol) so I know she'll love it!!

Hope you enjoyed the sneak peeks today!  If you missed yesterday's peeks you can find a list on Gina's Blog HERE!  More peeks on Wednesday & Thursday--then the release party is Thursday evening, hope you can join us!

The other fabulous designers peeking stamp sets today are below! Make sure to 
leave comments on their blogs for some fun chances to WIN!!



See you back here tomorrow!  Have a wonderful day & hope you get the chance to be crafty!


162 comments:

  1. Magnificent cards, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bunny card is so elegant! love your popped up flowers and the sparkle on them, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just soo gorgeous with the ferns and your coloring!! And love how you made that chocolate bunny look so elegant! You rock Suze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne... when I grow up I want to color just like you!!! FABULOUS!! Your Bite Me card is funny yet... totally elegant! LOL Love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Spring is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Cards, Suzanne. I love the beautiful flower card. I think we are ALL ready for spring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Suzanne! These are both jaw droppers! Stunning coloring and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, beautiful cards. Love what you did with the new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are so elegant. I definitely need both sets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely wonderful creations Suzanne! You always seem to amaze me on what you can come up with! Beautiful job of coloring, as usual! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the floral card, Suzanne! Your colors match that gorgeous paper perfectly and love the dimension you gave to it! The bunny card is too cute and the humor is definitely my kind of card! Love it!!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Suzanne, you did a fabulous job on both cards!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the flower card and the use of the spellbinders dies. Great finish on the bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards, I love the way you raised the flowers amid the ferns on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so beautiful and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!! Your designs are soooo elegant!!! I love those popped up blooms!!! And the "bite me" bunny in all that classiness.....perfect!!! Glad you had a fabulous night out with hubby! We enjoy the same....fun family times and yet still such a close connection when it's just the two of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cannot express how beautiful your flower card is and how excited I am with this stamp set. I cannot wait to get my hands and ink on it..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot express how beautiful your cards are and this stamp set is wonderful. I cannot wait to get my hands and "ink" on it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed my visit, lovely cards in here as well. Nikky

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic job you did on these cards I love them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like how the flower card coordinates so well and the bunny card with the bite out of his ear,pure genius.
    hugs,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like how the flower card coordinates. And I love the bunny card with the bite out of his ear. Pure genius.
    hugs,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both cards are wonderful Suzanne!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woonderful colour combos! What a fantastic job you did on that bunny... Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both of your cards are lovely. They had to be, my daughter has your name!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW your cards are amazing -you sure have your own sense of style and it is very sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your flower card is gorgeous! and the elegant bunny card is very cool with the bite me sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the bunny card. It just shouts at you. Thanks so much, it could probably be a definite "case" when and if I ever get copics to work with. Love the way this "critter" looks real.

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW--WOW--WOW

    Another set of cute projects--and some more stamp sets that I want--need! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your cards are stunning! Love the flowers and bunny! :)

    Debbie Meijer

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh ... I love your humor Suzanne! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome job! LOVE the flower card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Suzanne,

    Your cards are just beautiful. I love everything about them. WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow, first to comment! love your cards and i'm enjoying the hop for the second day in a row.
    linda patti tpatti@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the bunny..looks good enough to eat! Really nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your cards are very classy and beautiful! I couldn't help but just gaze at them for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  37. really nice use of the flower DP with the flower image. I would look at that and think "no way...it will be too busy"...but it really works, it's lovely.
    And the bunny card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful designs Suzanne, love the dp and coloring on both of these. The popped up flowers is just perfect :o)

    ReplyDelete
  39. love how you use all the nesties.....

    ReplyDelete
  40. The little critters card is fabulous! I love what you have done with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful creations! Love the colors, designs and coloring of the images!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your layering:)cute set!

    mitch1066@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great cards, Suzanne!!They are soo elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I think you are the first person to make a card with that pretty floral image Suzanne, I am glad you did, it is pretty. I like the pink/brown color combo and the sassy comment with the scallop punch 'bite' out of the bunny's ear. Poor little guy. You know, I can't eat those marshmallow Peeps? Their company is 'Just Born' - too much guilt...

    ReplyDelete
  45. Loved your cards...thanks for sharing!!!Bev, Pine Mtn Club, CA

    ReplyDelete
  46. Such dimension on both cards! You did an super job!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I enjoyed all your comments you wrote and how you did your card. They are amazing. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  48. these cards are so elegant. what an inspiration you are

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your cards are awesome. The floral background really is striking with the floral stamp. The browns used for your bunny really add, too.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your cards are amazing.I really like the glaze on the bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the way you colored the chocolate bunny.

    I was really check out how you colored the stems on the flowers beacause of the flower challenge. My stems are blending in to much with my leaves and not poping enough. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  52. Both cards are wonderful. Your flower card is just drop dead gorgeous - what beautiful colors and dimension. Bunny is cute and love the embossing folder you chose. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  53. These cards are absolutely gorgous. The flower card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  54. What beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wow, that floral card is really spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Glad I don't have to choose between these 2. Both are outstanding. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  57. Suzanne, wonderful job on both cards! Those teef marks were made by me!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Nice coloring on those Yellow bell Flowers and Dido on the Bunnie coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. You do such a great job Shading!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Holy moses, Suzanne!! Absolutely amazing work on your projects!! You produce some outstanding stuff!! I'm in awe!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. FANTASTIC WORK!!! WOW.YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I LOVE the lily of the valley card. That is my favorite of all.

    ReplyDelete
  63. You are the best!!! I love your flower card, I am so ready for Spring

    ReplyDelete
  64. Suzanne, these cards are just stunning! Not too many have chosen those flowers from the critter set, I'm happy to see them, and your chocolate bunny is just so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  65. The card with flowers is absolutely gorgeous! The bunny card is a cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Simply gorgeous!! Absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Oh my! You are too much fun! And your cards are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Your floral card is a masterpiece, and the bunny is shaded to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wow, they are both beyond words.cc
    crafty teacher

    ReplyDelete
  70. Beautiful "spring" cards and colors. Very sweet bunny card.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Such gorgeous cards! Wow! Love the flower card -- the colors, dp and coloring are just fantastic. The bunny is darling and I love the dp you used on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  72. You are so good at shading and coloring. Love these cards. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  73. Gulp! Gotta have those flowers! My goodness - that coloring is so amazingly perfect! Love, love, love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Great cards. Looks like you were having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Love the daffodil image and your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love the yellow - it's Spring finally. SandyT

    ReplyDelete
  77. I like your 'Little Critter' card but the Bunny just stole my heart!! Love the paper, the corners...it's WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I'm really loving the way your dp sets off the flower image! Delightful. And your bunny really looks like chocolate! Terrific. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  79. Your cards are adorable. Love the coloring. These new stamps are really cute.

    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  80. Beautiful flower and bunny card

    ReplyDelete
  81. Your flowers are colored so beautifully they look real! Just stunning! Cute cute bunny card too~

    ReplyDelete
  82. Perfect cards to showcase these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Both cards are lovely. I especially liked the nested flower on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Suzanne -- your coloring is truly amazing! The flowers almost jump off the card -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  85. The floral card is just lovely. I too, long for spring and after seeing that card, I can almost feel the fresh spring air on my skin. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  86. How pretty! Love what you did with the flowers and ferns.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Beautiful flowers! I had to laugh at the bunny card, at first you see this elegant creation, then you read the sentiment, too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  88. I really love your bunny card - it is so elegant. I also like the way you used the ferns behind the flowers in you floral card!

    ReplyDelete
  89. What gorgeous cards....thanks for giving the Copics color numbers in your details!!! It always helps me to see color combinations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  90. I love the back ground on the first card- and the bunny is sweet as well.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Your Floral card is gorgeous, the colors anre just PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Wow, Suzanne, both your cards are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks and am glad you enjoyed a great Valentine's Day with girlfriends and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  93. those are really pretty, i like pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  94. What a gorgeous card made from the Little Critters set. I love the dp as it has a lot of GREEN and GREEN is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Love the flower card and the chocolate bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Spring is in the air with the lovely flower card. You add just the perfect touches. The bunny is good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  97. what a stunner that flower card is. wow! love your fun bite me card too! (smile!)

    ReplyDelete
  98. Your floral card is simply beautiful! I appreciate the humor of the bunny and the sentiment, but you make it even better by having such an elegant looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Your designs are beautiful as usual

    ReplyDelete
  100. Your designs are beautiful as usual

    ReplyDelete
  101. Great cards--I like the colors and papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  102. I love your cards, especially the floral card

    ReplyDelete
  103. Having a wonderfuly time hopping.

    thanks for great ideas.

    Oldersis1@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  104. Your cards are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  105. I love that flower and how you popped them out. I'm a sucker for colors. Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  106. these are great the flowers so patty and the bunny is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  107. I LOVE these cards! The floral is just beautiful and the bunny card is so sweet. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  108. Oh my Suzanne, these cards are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  109. Nothing else to say other than BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  110. gorgeous coloring as usual! love both of your cards, the chocolate bunny is so precious & elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  111. Beautiful cards!

    Joanienp

    ReplyDelete
  112. wowie-k-zowie. (did I spell that right?) I love the way you did the flower card. the color highlights and the use of the nestabilities. Awesome. thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  113. Beautiful cards, Suzanne with your amazing coloring. That chocolate 'bite me' bunny is soooo cute! Love it & love the sentiment! LOL

    So glad that you & hubby had a nice time on your 'date'. How cute is that! My hubby & I do that a lot too. 'course now our kids are older but it's still nice to be out with just you & your special fella. He's been my special fella for 37 years & we still have lots to talk about. LOL

    Happy Huggies ~ Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  114. So cute! You make everything look special! Love your layers and design. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  115. As usual your cards are real eye candy, Suzanne! Loving how you're using these new Gina K images...so pretty and fun. Love the spring feel of the first card with those luscious colors and love the darling bunny with the fun sentiment and the chomped on ear...to cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  116. I love all the new stamp sets!
    They are really great for coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  117. Great coloring.
    Jean McGee

    ReplyDelete
  118. Both of your cards are amazingly colored! It is a treat to look at your art!

    ReplyDelete
  119. Both are great cards but I really love the floral card - gorgeous colors and coloring and depth. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  120. Oh my goodness!!! Your cards are stunning!!!!! WOW!!! I can't get over it!!! Such amazing inspiration here!!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  121. I love your cards! I really like what you did with the chocolate bunny! Your flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  122. Stunning work, just beautiful, so well done!! And so pretty, like the first a bit more than the second, as it is so Springy and bright and cheery and I am so tired of winter!! But both are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  123. Hi Suzanne,

    Beautiful cards! I luv the fab papers you've used. Beautiful colouring.

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  124. Beautiful cards!! Your coloring is great.
    Deanna A.

    ReplyDelete
  125. LOVe the flowers!!! Excellent coloring..Cute bunny too!

    ReplyDelete
  126. I don't see my comment, so I am trying again. Your cards are beautiful. Love your coloring.
    Deanna A.

    ReplyDelete
  127. Very pretty cards! You must have quite the collection of Spellbinders!

    ReplyDelete
  128. Awesome Suzanne! Your first card is absolutely gorgeous, and the bunny card is funny, cute, and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  129. Your daffodils are absolutely beautiful. Love the dimension, and your chocolate bunny just scream "Eat Me".

    ReplyDelete
  130. Love the colors you've chosen for both cards! TFS!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  131. Your special touches made these cards truly unique!

    ReplyDelete
  132. I am so ready for Spring and your cards certain brings it to mind. Flowers and Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  133. Suzanne, most of the time I'm chuckling when I read your postings..hee hee. What a sweetheart of a hubby you have. Both cards are just beautiful. Gosh those SEI papers are to die for--I'll have to look out for them in my local stores. Love the sentiment to go with your chocolate bunny card...LOL.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  134. Fabulous as always Suzanne! Love love love the bunny card! And the flowers are stunning.
    Hope to see you in CT in March!
    Thanks so much
    Sue Brailey

    ReplyDelete
  135. Gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  136. Love the cards - hope to do something half as nice some day -lol.

    mmlmn@ polarcomm.com

    ReplyDelete
  137. stampandweave from SCSFebruary 17, 2011 at 2:29 PM

    Beautiful floral image, and I like what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  138. Was out of town last week so I'm catching up on the blogs I follow, the sentiment on this card is hilarious... Love the coloring of the bunny....Thanks for the morning laugh, I needed it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover