Friday, February 11, 2011

Poppy Power!!

Happy TGIFridayyyyy friends!  I'm so happy for the weekend, not sure why as I still have lots of work to do, ha ha ha!  But hubby will be home so it's all good.  We're taking Riley and a friend out to dinner and to see the new "Gnomeo" movie (I cannot wait to see it, lol) for his birthday tomorrow.  Then next weekend we'll all go skiing for his birthday trip---4 teenage boys oy vey!  And then the Grammy's are on Sunday so we'll be watching those--Alexa is planning the night already, hee hee.  And Monday is Valentine's Day---not a huge fan of that holiday sorry.  Cupid visits the kids and brings them a small treat but I always think that Valentine's Day should be year round KWIM--not just one day a year.  At least that's what I tell hubby, LOL--but I did mention that I want "Wicked" Broadway tix in DC for a present since he refuse to NOT celebrate it.  I'm the downer on Vday I guess (wink)!!  NO chocolate or flowers that will die---save the money, lol!  But it sure is a fun holiday to make projects for dontcha' think?  My fave color is red so what can I say :)


NewsBitz:

-7 Kids College Fund has lots of new goodies in stock that you will WANT!  Melissa Frances paper pads, LaLa Land Stamps,  Nellie Snellen Butterfly Punches, and Stampavie Stamps.

-I will be in San Diego on Feb 23rd teaching a copic class!  Only a few spots left so hurry, lol, to www.cmcroad.com to register.  Its a small class so it will be super fun--hope to see you!

-Don't forget I'm taking entries for the NEW CMC Challenge DT!  Its a new DT, it will be laid-back and fun!  And a chance to use those copics in fun ways.  See HERE for details (you must join the site to see, that's how I keep the spammers out).

-Next week is Gina K Sneak Peek Release Week---get ready for cuteness and some beautiful stamp sets!  Also on Sunday the NEW Gilli DT will have a fun Blog Hop for you as well--don't miss it!

*********************************************************************
Poppy Power!



Over at my CMC Challenge Group (see HERE) the current challenge is to color floral images with your copics and make them beautiful! Fun for those of us who are ready for spring!  You are welcome to join the group and join in the fun with us--we'd love to have you.  Our fabulous sponsor this challenge is TiffanyDoodles.comhttp://www.tiffanydoodles.com/ and she has lots of fabulous digi stamps and papers including beautiful flower images like the one I used above called "Poppy"!


I used some K&Co. papers "Floral Dreams" in a fun color combo--yes I know poppies don't come in these colorations (at least not that I have seen, lol) BUT that's why it's soooo much fun being the artist right?!  I distressed all the edges with my fave Zutter Distress Tool and the back cs is embossed with a fave CB embossig folder.  The sentiment is from a PTI set.



I printed out 2 of the "poppy" images so I could color a few of the poppy flowers and cut them out & pop them up for more dimension.  I colored with Copics (but of course) using BV25,BV20,BV00 and B04,B01,B0000 then I put Flower Soft in the centers to bring out some dimension.  The petals got some thin lines of Stickles for sparkle.  The edegs of my image were softly inked with my FAVE Inkssentials Blending Foam Tool (I love, love & use it everyday)!

Hope you have enjoyed this and hope you have a fabulous weekend!  I'll have a new Red-a-licious project up for you tomorrow so stop on by!



8 comments:

  1. It's very beautiful! I love your cards! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you poppped up the flowers... beautifully done!!

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poppies!!! Your coloring is, of course,perfection!!!
    Have fun at the movies... I can't wait to see that one!! And I agree about Valentine's Day, not my favorite, but oh, I do love the hearts and cupids and pretty pinks and reds!!! Just not the other lovey dovey stuff!! LOL!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and your flowers are awesome... and you are right, it's great to be the artist and to come up with your colors! LOL! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beeeeautiful, Suzanne. I just love how you color and your DPs are FAB!

    BTW, just read your updated "About Me" profile and got a sweet little chuckle...lol

    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers, Suzanne! I love how you just did a bit of Stickles on the flower petals. You mentioned doing that & I'm looking & looking at the picture & couldn't find the sparkle for the life of me. I then realized...........wait for it.........I was looking at the leaves.....not the petals! DUH What a dunce I am! LOL (just had to share that DUH moment with you. lol)
    I also love the Flower Soft in the center.
    Very pretty.
    Huggies ~ Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Suzanne. The image is gorgeous - I might have to download it. And I love how you coloured it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great thing about stamps...you can color them any way you want...Blue poppies??? I love them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover