Thursday, August 19, 2010

No You Di'n't!!

Hi all and a great day to you! I'm hoping for lots more sun today after the week of rain we've had and the awful torrential rains from yesterday. I have 5 new videos to shoot and I need SUN to get them done, so crossing fingers. I have passed the point of exhaustion this week so I have no idea what I might say in the videos, LOL!  I have to transport children back and forth to sport practices all week too which is disconcerting to my planned day because I have to keep stopping, lol, but that's just the way of the world!  I tell my husband all the time that when you work from home you get LESS done during the day and end up working at night to catch up--unlike going to an office where you don't have to start & stop to do things around the house KWIM!  Much different!  Anywho, I'll keep this short so I can get on with business today and leave you beeeeee too!

NewsBitz:

-If you are in Michigan and want to travel to the Utica/Troy/Auburn Hills area for a Copic Class you are in luck--classes will be Sept. 18th & 19th co-hosted by the Paper Hollow Store!  Pre-registration & details is now up at the Color Me Creative "On the Road" site www.cmcroad.com!  Upcoming classes will be posted soon as well!

-Tonight is a BIG NIGHT at the CMC Copic Challenge Group---we are celebrating our new group and having a fun prize-filled night of questions and laughs!  Come make some friends, have some fun and win some prizes with us.  You do not have to be a student to join the challenge group at www.scrapbitzcopics.ning.com (just join the CMC site and then join the group)!

*****************************************************
No You Din'n't!!


Today is a fun challenge day over at Paper Romance Store--check it out and the DT samples at the store blog HERE!  Amy the owner is the hostess this week and she challenged us to use some metal elements on our project!  Not a problem!  And I got to use this fabulously cute High Hopes image by Dustin Pike called "Catching Some Rays"!  LOVE it!


As most of you know I have 5 cats and 2 dogs so I love working with cute animal images!  This one called "Catching Some Rays" just made me laugh out loud, my cats are always getting into something every hour of the day.  It's like having a daycare full of little children I tell ya :)  The sketch I used is this week's SCS Sketch #294 (I flipped it) and I used some Cosmo Cricket and SU papers--love the vibrant, fun colors!  I used my Bow Easy to create a bow and then I clipped the bows and frayed them all for a fun look.  The sentiment is from an older Hannah Stamps set that I have been dyin' to use and this image was perfect for it--I can just hear the mouse squeakin' "NO You Di'n't!!", LOL! can't you?  That aqua background was embossed with a new CB folder set "Retro Kitchen".


The image was colored with Copics and then I added some Diamond Glaze to the fish bowl and kitty's nose for a glassy shine--stickles on the x-ray frame for bling!  My metal tag I bought in a pack of 20 from my local office supply store.

Hope you'll stop by to join in the challenge at the store blog HERE and stop by the Paper Romance store HERE as well!  See ya tomorrow with hopefully a video or two :)


15 comments:

  1. wauw wat mooi,


    groetjes mierjam


    scrappiestamp.blogspot.com


    scrapdesignteam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb card ! Great inmag and colouring ! Love it,have a nice day,
    greetings, Martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny image, and so perfectly colored! LOVE the sentiment and "bow" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just adorable...I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this card is so cute! love the saying.
    Im visiting my son in MI (Visiting from California) till next Wed. Wish I was staying longer tho. Id love to come to the class. However I dont have my markers with me, it still would be fun to watch.
    Thanks for always having and teaching such great techniques. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Suzanne as always....love all your cards.
    Hugs Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Suzanne,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to send your blog link to my cat-loving friend. This is too cute! And the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, this is so sweet Suzanne!! Love the colours and so cute image!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! I love your layout and cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card, so wonderful! The image is so funny.
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable this is! Beautiful coloring as always and that sentiment makes me laugh! (it's a phrase I hear often on the Disney channel where my TV is usually tuned to). :) hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling card. I hope you have some rest soon. Sorry I couldn't keep up with you guys tonight. What little I was there, it was fun.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover