Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Polka-Bug Dots!

Happy Hump Day friends--it's the middle of the week already! What do you all have planned for the day! Here's the low-down on my day--work on magazine projects & do laundry, get a pedicure, pack kids suitcases and pick up daughter from cheerleading practice and head 2 hours south to my mom's house. Then get back in the car and head back home (hopefully minus the rush-hour DC traffic) and finish projects and pack for myself (and hubby)! Can you say jam-packed? LOL!

Yesterday I was trying to finish many projects and many emails in between shuttling kids to activities and having a house full of teens!  Alexa had 3 girlfriends & 3 boys over yesterday to "hang out" & watch movies---thank god for Domino's Pizza and a 3-level house, lol!  Alexa is not allowed to date until age 16 but she can be "in-like" with a boy, hee hee---right now she is "in-like" with a boy who is 15 but looks 22!  He's cute but I like that he's respectful (so far) and his parents are on the same "rules-parenting" wave length as us which is good.  But he's the football quarterback and my daughter is a cheerleader--how cliche is that?  UGH!!!  I'm sooooooooooooo NOT ready for all of this I tell ya--please pray for me, heehee!  I might have an even rougher time when Riley starts getting serious about girls--NOT MY BABY!!  How did this happen?  LOL!  Okay let's move on before I start crying :)


NewsBitz:

-I need ALL of you to HELP me out, 'kay?!!  We're looking for lots & lots of HOLIDAY Submissions for the magazine Through the Craftroom Door.  All levels welcomed, any sort of handmade item with a fall or winter holiday theme!  You name it, we want to see it if it's handmade (jewelry, papercrafting, clay/pottery, woodworking, all sewing).  You will get your items and blog published if you are picked & we have lots of slots to fill my friends!  Not only that but you can win prizes for entering as well--how cool is that?  So send all your NEW (never published online/paper) projects to craftdoor@yahoo.com with subject line "HOLIDAY" by September 4th!!  Break out the holiday music & get crafting!!

-I have some yummy blog candy going on right now---see the post below today's to enter!!

-SCACD also has their weekly "Try It Out Tues/Thurs Challenge" going on HERE---we hope you join in!


***********************************************************
Polka-Bug Dots!!


Today kicks off the BRAND NEW Challenge Blog for 7 Kids College Fund HERE (challenge starts at 7 am EST)---Yay!!  And to celebrate Tab (the delightful owner) is giving away a $50 gift certificate to a lucky someone who enters!  This week's challenge was to use lots of PINK & POLKA-DOTS in honor of the 7 Kids logo!  Well I love me my polka-dots and I love pink so this was easy-sneezy!

I used a cutie-pie CC Designs stamp called "Ladybug Nora"--I had to ink her up since she was all dotty, hee hee!  I followed a sketch from my friend Jen del Muro's SFYTT blog--I liked all the layers!  All of my papers are from PTI--they make LOTS of polka-dot papers to match all their cardstock (swoooon)!  The ribbon is from PTI as is the sentiment (Mixed Messages).


This cutie is of course colored with Copics (RV29,RV23,RV10/C7,C5,C2/E25,E31,E50) and I added some stardust stickles to her wings and diamond glaze to the little ladybug friend.  I think she's a super-cutie!  IF you only ever get one bottle of Stickles make it either diamond or stardust--they are my favorites and you can use them over any color and it will shine thru (stardust sparkles more tho-wink)!!

Now hop over to the Challenge Blog HERE to see the rest of the DT's beautiful projects and to join in on the fun with us!!





38 comments:

  1. So bright and cheerful! Love the pink and black together. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne! This is so cute!! I love the pink and black and the Viva Decor Pearls are the perfect touch!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Suzanne, papers and layers are fab! I think it's sweet your daughter is 'in-like' with a boy. How cute! Lyns xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Suzanne. Hope you manage to get threw you list!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card! I love it! Beautiful coloring!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! ♥ Beautiful coloring and super sweet papers!

    Hugs,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Suzanne! Those papers are fab and your coloring is amazing! Great layout choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful??? Tab??? hehehe Another gorgeous creation from you! Your coloring and attention to details never ceases to amaze me! Just a perfect card for our first challenge! I love it! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzanne,
    I love the pink polka dots DP so cute. Very pretty and cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so stinkin' cute, suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Suzanne, is there not anything you can't do... I am hoping to watch some of the copic videos.. my year will be up before I get done watching them. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness this is just THE CUTEST!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your coloring and fabulous layout - AWESOME card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful fresh strong pink and delicious defined polka dots. It's a pity I live in Europe, love PTI stuff but the shipping is a killer. :(
    It feels almost pointless to say "what an amazing colouring" - your work is in "up there, never to be reached" quality bracket.
    Loving every single project you create
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Suzanne...adorable card and stunning work as always! Love your dots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello fabulous I am speechless. Your beautiful card.
    * Karla *

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! The colourcombinatie is wonderful!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, Love Love this card...if it's ever on Etsy I am buying it!! LOL!!

    Sorry I missed Chat last night...it's NOT a great week...lots going on, but hopefully everything will work out!!

    Have fun with the TEENS!! As much as I miss my boys being young...I don't MISS the teen years...or the young dating and such! But, you are a good Mom with great morals, so I'll bet both the kids will be fine!!

    They do make mistakes at times...we all did, but in the end all you want is for them to be safe and happy!!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow what a cute card. i got this stamp the other day and love it

    ReplyDelete
  19. Real cute, Suzanne! Love all the entries to the new challenge.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  20. So darling love the black and pink and I love ladybugs. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute cute cute! So bright, cheeful, and so adorble. I love this Ladybug Nora the way you have colored her and all your polka-dot DPs! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGosh - so with you on the dating thing!! My daughter is 14 and she has her first bf. He is a year younger and not going into high school like she is. I am having the hardest time with them hanging out! I would prefer we go back to non-dating days. I am really not ready for the high school and letting them have more freedom and that kind of 'letting them go feeling'!! KWIM? I feel like I only have 4 yrs 'til she goes to college and I want to get as much time in as I can!! :) Your card is beautiful and perfect for the first DT challenge. Have a fab-o trip. I hate DC traffic! We drive to PA once a yr from FL and it is such a pain driving through DC!! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a sweet little "lady" bug. Love your cards! THanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cutie pie! Fabulous artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cutie - love the pink and black combo too.
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all the dots, Suzanne! This is a really fun card and so well coordinated!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Suzanne this is so adorable! I love the bright pinks and blacks together!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Suzanne, love the pretty papers & colour combo. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW! This is super and your coloring is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweet and cute coloring on the image Suzanne. Sweet polka dots background :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Suzanne, this is so cute, love the image and colors. Beautiful coloring as always.

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm new to the copics but I absolutely love this. I'm learning and your blog is a great place to learn. Thank you and I absolutely love this little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Really great projects you have here on your blog ! Great cards, love them ! I became a follower. I would like to invite you to visit my fresh blog
    http://martinaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
    Feel free to leave a comment or... become a folower, it would be an honeur for me !
    Lots of greetings, Martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful card. As all your work the coloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  35. She is absolutely adorable, love the card. I have learned so much from you. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Amazing as always suzanne. I loveyour work. I do hope youare keeping well. keep up the beautiful blog huggies June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. SUAZANNE!!!!!!!!! I LOVE this!! I love dots and this really is full of them. WONDERFUL card and the colors and details are FAB!!!

    big huggies, Janiel

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover