Sunday, August 1, 2010

Love 2 Read!!

Hi everyone and Happy August to you all!  I'm back home from CHA and still recovering, lol!  We got in to DC late on Saturday night due to a delayed flight and I must say it's the best flight I've ever been on in my LIFE!!  I have never laughed so much--our flight attendant was like a stand-up comedian & he was a RIOT!  The whole plane was packed and laughing the entire flight---really a good time even if Marti & I were so exhausted!  If you ever get the chance to go to CHA you should go---it's fabulously fun & so worth it!  I'll be sharing more pictures with you this week, I'm just too tired & lazy to load them up on the computer right now, hee hee!  I leave Thursday for Vermont for a week with my husband & will be back next Thursday!  I swear I feel like I'm gone more than I'm home lately---but after this I'm home for a good long while I promise!  I will still have some posts up while I'm away so hope you'll visit!

Oh, I also got to meet Nichole Heady of Paper Trey Ink at CHA---you all know how I stalk her blog and buy literally EVERYTHING she releases each month so I was super excited.  Even though I have everything they make (I kid u not, lol) I bought some extra ribbon and buttons so I could get one of their fabby hot pink bags, LOL!  I'll share a pic of their booth with you this week--it was so pretty!

NewsBitz:

-7 Kids College Fund has some awesome NEW products in!  I adore the new Peter Rabbit and High Hopes stamps HERE!  And those new Stampavie Penny Johnson Winter stamps are 2-Die-4 I tell ya--see them HERE!  Also you can pre-order the new Nestabilities and Tim Holtz Sizzix Dies!

-The Brand New 7 Kids Challenge Blog kicks off this week as well on August 1st!  The prize for playing along with us?  $50 gift certificate to the store, so make sure and stop by!!

-You all MUST stop by my friend Terri's (one of my CHA roomies each year) fabulous store HERE called Stamps Alive!  Her store is a blog and you just email her what you would like but she carries all the fabulous stuff you need and at a GREAT DISCOUNT and she's a wonderful lady to boot!  I have LOTS of stuff coming from her including these absolutely AWESOME (no lie) stamps & dies from Heartfelt Designs--if you've never seen/heard of them then you are missing out!  I got them all, LMBO!!  If you stop by tell her I sent ya 'kay--she'll love that :)!!!!

*****************************************
Reading For Fun!!


Yes, I'm a day late but I had a good excuse right?  LOL!  Today I'm sharing my Copic Creations Challenge project with you all--find out details of this challenge at the blog here!  We are so lucky to have a fabulous artist and illustrator sponsoring us this week--her name is Elizabeth O. Dulemba and you can find her webpage HERE.  She promotes reading for children on her site and posts free artwork/coloring pages that you can download for your projects each week and they are FABULOUS!  They are all beautiful images and the DT has used them for each of their projects--we were supposed to make a reading or bookmark project!  On my card above the main image panel snaps off (I attached with 2 magnets) so you can use it as a bookmark when you're done with the card!  (Sorry I forgot to take a picture of it detached in my rush to get to CHA, hee hee)

I decided to use some of my yummy DCWV papers and distress them real good for a vintage look.  And yes I used my fabulous Zutter Distress Tool to distress all the papers--it's quick & easy to use.  The sentiment is a new one from Paper Trey Ink's "All Booked Up" (if you're a reader like me, this set is a must-have)!  The crinkle ribbon I just love and I buy mine online at Artful Designs' Etsy store HERE (she makes it & dyes it by hand and it's lovely)--she's on vacation until Aug. 9th though!


I printed my image out on my Cryogen Irridescent White cs and before I colored with copics, I lightly stamped the edges with a text writing stamp in a distress ink--very LIGHTLY.  Then I used Copics to color my image (R22,R20,R00/E43,E41,E50) and added some stickles to this cute fairy's wings and books for some bling.  Now this whole piece pops off so it can be used as a bookmark--it's attached with 2 Basic Grey magnets. **I use the Cryogen Irridescent because I love it, but it comes in plain white as well and you can get it at Paper Temptress.  Want to try it?  You can order a few sample sheets to try from her as well ***

Hope you enjoyed this project and will join in on the fun!  Stop by the Copic Creations Challenge Blog to find out all the details and see the DT's fabulous work HERE!



19 comments:

  1. Good morning Suzanne, wow lot of info:) I am so happy to hear all about it. Sure going to pop over at this little store - blog, sound yummy.
    Very pretty card in pastel colours.
    SO soft and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifull work Suzanne !! I love yours cards! best regards from Poland :) - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is FANTASTIC! What stamp did you use? I've been looking for a fairy/book reading themed one forEVER! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was sooo good to see you at CHA! LOVE this card-that TGF fairy is colored amazingly and the soft colors are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my this card is just divine. i love the details you put into it and how the coloring of the image looks like watercoloring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty, pretty, pretty card. Reminds me of Tinkerbell w/ the wings.

    I hear so much about CHA. One day i will get there. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Wished I had known you wanted a PTI pink bag - I have 2 and would have happily sent you one! Hugs,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet, sweet card & bookmark, Suzanne! Love the vintage feel.
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make such pretty cards! I'm always inspired by your coloring.

    It was great to meet you Friday & I hope we can do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne,
    What a lot of information you have given us today. I will be going to all of these places to see what I can find - thanks so much!!
    Love your card. I love your stamp! I bought this one and a couple of others quite a while ago and am ashamed to say I haven't had a chance to ink them up yet.
    Now that I am home from looking after my mother, I am looking forward to getting back to my card making etc.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You always share a lot with us, Suzanne and today I'm almost overwhelmed with all the info. Love Elizabeth's image you've used on your lovely card! And love that terrific sentiment! And because I love my friends and my books I'm sure need to add that stamp set to my wish list! Well, off to check out all those links you so kindly gave us, you enabler you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Suzanne, this is absolutely stunning! It looks like it is right out of a children's book and that's not only because of the beautiful image, but your amazing coloring that brings it to life. It's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This stamp set was made for YOU! Simply gorgeous! The printed paper really adds the perfect accent! This is the kind of card I could sit and study forever and see something different with every glance. GORGEOUS work! :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable image, she sure has a lot at her site!! Thanks so much for sharing all that news with us, you keep us so well informed!!
    The card is so adorable I just love how you colored it. Had to go in and download that one for myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely adorable! Love the pretty papers and your vintage accents. Beautiful coloring as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you made your card a gift with removable book mark. Beautiful work for an adorable image. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Love your blog, and was very disappointed not to meet you during CHA. Then to find out, you sat and visited with my friend, Betty, while I was at SCS doing a make and take with Lori Craig. Wow! Maybe next year I'll get to meet you in person. I do love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love the book fairy...she's in my collection of digi from Elizabeth. The pastel softness of your post is just perfect! Card is perfect Suzanne!
    Isn't Elizabeth Dulemba just all kinds of wonderful? I can't wait to get her post along with all the others...(Yours is in that bunch of course!!!)
    Can't wait to see more CHA, have had fun seeing you in the longer hair too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover