Friday, March 30, 2012

Who’s a Goddess?

Happy TGIFriday to you all!  I am leaving today after kids get home from school but have packing left to do and house to prepare for our pet-sitter…never an end to chores ‘eh?  But I’m so looking forward to the 80 degree weather, sound of the ocean and the pluff mud in the SC area..it’s a sweet smell, makes me feel at home.  We are taking our bikes cuz’ we mostly bike around the island..best way to get around and get exercise.  I’m always the lead biker…yep momma runs the show…kids in the middle…hubby at end LOL. And then Alexa and Riley bicker about who gets to be right behind me and how he’s too close to her and she’s too slow..and so on and so on…oh the joys of children I tell ya! LOL---love ‘em but they can drive me nutty that’s for sure!  God only blessed me with two even though we wanted three but now I’m thinking that God knew what he was doing…he knew I could only PUT UP with two of them…bwwahahahahaha…so no more kiddoes for me…no sirreee.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel in the next couple of years…I will miss them but I will be glad to see them grow into the adults that I know they will become.  I know for sure…this one thing…being a parent IS the hardest, toughest job in the world and it never truly ends..its 24/7 for the rest of your and their lives.  I give my parents kudos for all the ups and downs we kids brought them…however I must say that out of the 3 of us…I was best behaved then and now…hahaha..although I know I still give my mom gray hairs on occasion.  That’s what kids ARE for right???  God help the day when I find a gray hair in my darn head…the roof may raise off my house…my mom hardly has any gray and she’s 69 so I hope to follow in that…if not I will be getting my roots done OFTEN.  I will spend my morning hours plucking those gray babies outta my head..oh yes I will..do NOT doubt me!  I am slightly vain when it comes to old age…I don’t want wrinkles (hence my regular skincare routine)..and I don’t want gray hair (gray is not really my color..my colorwheel does not like it lol). So no C3,C5 or C1 colors in my hair please (that’s copic speak for you non-colorers LOL)!  Now I will not be a Demi Moore or a Joan Rivers but I will fight what I can while I still can..but no botoxed face for me…I cringe at the thought.  And yeah no fish-lips either..why do women do that…it NEVER looks good…ugh..so stop doing it.  BUT perhaps a butt implant?  My teen daughter told me a few months ago that my front looked like my back..haha..your kids will always tell you the truth…and I have lost some weight and with that went any butt that I had…so yep I am a tad flat back there.  So I’m gonna buy me some booty-pop shorts to wear under my pants..oh yes I am…just to mess with her…and YES I will wear them in public to get even and HEY I might even like having a J-Lo hiney Winking smile That’s about the only butt implant that I will ever come close to getting hahaha…oh the joys of being a mom I TELL YA!!!  The things we do, and suffer and then get back by humiliation of our teens…oh yeah..that’s what I’m talkin’ about!

NewsBitz:

-If you live in the San Jose/San Francisco area and want to come see me…well come on then!!  I’ll be there April 21st teaching and you can find the details at www.cmcroad.com – I’d love to see you and it will be lots of fun!!

-If you participated in any of the Birthday Bash Events for the CMC Classroom…the winners are now posted on the site!  So hop on over to see if you won something good!  And thanks to all that made last week so much fun..I hope you enjoyed it and here’s to Birthday #3 next year!!  Cheers!

**************************************************************

A Goddess for Sure!!

 So today is the new release from SCACD—yayyyy! This is the launch of new stamp branding for SCACD Exclusive Stamps in general and will now be calling ANY of them Susana Loves Stamps. To be clear, it does not mean Susana personally designed what you are seeing but she did have a part in bringing it forward. Look out for more Susana Loves projects in the works!!!  I used “Classic Eyes” today and you can see ALL of these releases HERE

The DT is having a blog hop today and I’m last in the hop so you should’ve come from our guest designer Alina Meijer, but if you want to start at the beginning then go HERE!  International Friends can purchase these stamps at Quixotic Paperie!


 So I used “Classic Eyes” for my project today…doesn’t she remind you of a beautiful Greek goddess? Love her!  I used beautiful new papers from Prima called “Nature’s Garden” and a mix of Prima flowers as well.  I distressed all my edges and the swirls are a Marianne Designs die.  The fancy matting around the main image is a Marianne Designs die as well…I cut out two of them and cut them down to make a larger frame for my image..just another way to make those dies versatile.


She’s colored with Copics: B95,B91 / Colorless Blender / C5,C3,C1 / E11,E00/ E99,E97,YR20,E31.  Then I added Stickles to her bangles and jewelry.  The pearls in her hair and on the die cut were done with my fave Viva Décor Pearl Pen in cream.  I used some Tim Holtz stamps to stamp some swirls and such around the image with SU ink.  I added Diamond Glaze to her eyes for some realistic shine as well!


 That’s all for me today…have fun hopping and don’t forget to stop by the store HERE to see all these beautiful new stamps! Have a great weekend!


17 comments:

  1. Have A super fun time on vacation and I love your stamp. the card is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card Suzanne.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great vacation, Suzanne, you sure deserve it after all your hard work on the big birthday bash!! It sounds like it should be so much fun!! I would love to escape right now.....

    Your card is just exquisite!! The blues are so lovely, great choice.

    Again, have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh man, this card is so majestical!! Love the soft blues and whites. Your colouring is gorgeous and the tiny little stamped details and die cutting is perfection!!

    Thank you so much for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card! I was LMBO at your story about your pancake butt. I'm the opposite; I have a JLO butt for sure. My niece says she's happy to look like me, as long as she never gets my butt. Kids, I swear!!! (I hate to tell her, but I see her butt growing...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So rich and elegant, Suzanne! Your coloring totally rocks the new sweetie and love your card design/papers/embellies! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card....amazing!

    From a fellow biker chick!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - this card just brought such a smile, Suzanne. I picture her with a deep, sultry, 40s movie star voice. I love the blues.

    Have fun on your vaca! Eat some crab for me (or send them to me - but not just the shells), LOL!

    XO
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE her in blues!!! Your card is simply stunning : D

    Have loads of FUN with your new hiney!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, image and coloring.
    Have a super fun vacation.

    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is so pretty.
    And I hear you on the kids thing. I only have one but he's given me a lot of grey hairs and heartache this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW WOW Suzanne, TOTALLY GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. she is so beautiful.. love the way the folds look... very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Suzanne. Love the blues.

    BTW- if you need a butt implant, then you can have some of mine. I am happy share because I am a giver like that ;).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover