Monday, March 19, 2012

Hop, Hop, Hoppin’ Everywhere!!!

Happy Monday all my friends and hope it’s the start of a great week for you all!  I am back home from my trip to West Virginia where I had a fabulous time teaching and hanging out with the gals at Almost Heaven Scrapbooking in Charleston.  We even had a full, beautiful rainbow on St. Patrick’s Day when I was leaving there to come home (see photo)…so I guess it was a good omen huh?!  I was even home Saturday night before midnight…that’s a record for me…and no I didn’t speed…well not excessively anyhow LOL!  And NO travel incidents…whooo hoooo…good for me, boring for y’all right? hahahah!  And I will be (it will be done by the time you read this) picking up Alexa at 1:30 am from her school….she’s been away for 3 days in NYC with her chorus/band/drama groups.  They had a blast but I know she’s tired and YUP they are expected at school at 8:30 and she will be there…her whining self and all….you play, you pay I say LOL!  She got to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway and then do a workshop with the stars, they sang at a cathedral in Times Square, shopped, went on a harbor cruise, visited the Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero and more so they had a bang up time in the city me thinks Winking smile!  I on the otherhand will draggin’ a** tomorrow here at home trying to get things done on not much sleep LOL…what else is new for me…I live in a permanent state of sleep deprivation…ugh!

rainbow



Ok so exciting day today….cuz’ today kicks off the Color Me Creative Classroom’s 2nd Birthday Bash and it will be all week long thru Saturday!  There will be super fun events each day (games/challenges/chats) along with some fabulous prizes to win…EVERYONE is welcome to join in (you do not have to take a class to join the CMC Classroom as its open to everyone)!!  If you complete at least one game/challenge each of the 6 days you will be entered to win the GRAND PRIZE which is a Sizzix Vagabond Machine (which is aweeesommmme)!!! So make sure to hop on over HERE to check out the events and how to play along!

Today we have a fabulous CMC Challenge DT Blog Hop as well….if you leave comments on their blogs you’ll be entered to win some extra prizes as well.  So what are you waiting for?  All info is over at the CMC Classroom so……Get your PAR-TAY on!!!

*************************************************************************
Easter Bunny Is Coming to Town Blog Hop!!



Today as well the Magnolia-licious DT is having a fun Blog Hop titled “The Easter Bunny is Coming to Town!” featuring spring projects for Easter that will hold treats or Easter eggs!  There are so many fabulous Magnolia stamps to use for this that I was stumped for awhile on which cuties to use LOL…but it didn’t take me tooooo long!  I used two from last spring’s collection Butterfly Dreams from Magnolia-licious that I adore…which led me to create this fun paper-wheelbarrow to hold some treats to match!

Now make sure to head over to the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog to see details on the Blog Hop & how to join in on the fun ok!!

I'm entering this into the following challenges as well:

Sparkle's Forum Challenges (spring or mom's day)
Penny Black & More (spring)
Totally Tilda (Easter)
My Sheri's Craft Challenge (Easter)
Crafty Ann's Challenges (Spring)



For the Easter card I used “Tilda with Hanging Rabbit” and “Wheelbarrow” together.  The papers I used are new from Prima “Meadowlark” and they are soooo yummy…I love lavender and buttery-yellow together…so spring-y!!  I distressed all my paper edges for a bit of a shabby-chic look.  The swirls are from the Heartfelt Designs die “Bella Rose” and then I inked the edges a bit.  The sparkly buttons are glitter dots…I am obsessed with them…love them…cuz they SPARKLE LOL!  The purple cs was embossed with a CB embossing folder for more texture.




Tilda was stamped, colored and then cut out and put on top of my other image with thin dimensionals for a bit more dimension.  These cuties got colored with Copics: V15,V12,V000 / YR31,Y000 / YG67,YG03,G20 / E11,E00,R20 / C5,C3,C1,C00 / E35,E31,E50.  Then I stickled her apron, wheel and the tulips for more sparkle…never can have enuff right?



This cute lil’ wheelbarrow is made of all paper and the template is from My Time Made Easy Pretty Packaging…I love Lauren’s templates so much!  They come in many file types including svg files but alas I do not have a cutter so I do the pdf files and hand cut them LOL…works for me!  I decorated with matching paper and swirls and loaded it up with some sour jellybeans (yummers).  NOTE: if you get this template just note that I needed to use double cardstock layers on the wheels to hold the weight of the treats, one layer was too weak.


Ok that’s all for me…now your next stop on this hop is 
so go hoppity, hop!! LOL

47 comments:

  1. Love this card.. It is so pretty. Happy Birthday CMC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! Love the beautiful card and the colors you chose...and the little cart is as cute as a button! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely breathtakingly! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo cute!!!! I love those colours together and your colouring is fabulous as always. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project, colors are awesome
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that wheel barrow,love it.Your card is beautiful too,gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful set Suzanne, I love this colour combo and the gorgeous Magnolia stamps are just perfect together. The wheelbarrow is so adorable and loving the inspiration!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything.Beautiful.
    Congratulations
    Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 2nd Birthday Suzanne. I simply love this sweet Easter creation, the colours are fabulous as is that sweet wheelbarrow. What a novel idea. Some very lucky person is going to be delighted to receive this.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee... so so pretty!! Love the wagon and the colors you chose are FABulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfectly Easter! I love the colours and the gorgeous wagon basket, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors on this projects are just strikingly gorgeous Suzanne! So breathtaking!
    BTW...sleep is just so over rated, don't ya think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cute cute set Suzanne. Beautiful card with springy coloring and that wheelbarrow is super sweet to add on the combo :-)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Tilda Easter card made with my favorite colors. It is adorable. The decorated wheelbarrow is really cute and so many things that one could do with it. Happy 2nd Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful creations Suzanne.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my this is so gorgeous Suzanne!! I love that wheel barrel design and your papers and colors are stunning!! :) TFS!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable Suzanne! What a great idea to make the little Wheel Barrow (and I love the Popsicle stick handles). It's so pretty done in purples. Gorgeous work...hugs...Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute little cart! I love the papers and colours on this one, Delightful creation Suzanne
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute card, not to mention the little wheelbarrow! I love the colours! Really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Suzanne!
    Beautiful projects. I love the colors and your coloring. The little wheelbarrow is so cute. it sure is carrying a heavy load....but not for long LOL.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on 2 great yrs my friend!! I can see the hardwork and the labor of love that is in it. It's my total privilege to work with you and to know you! To many more yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous project and card!! So glad your daughter's trip went well and hope you both get some sleep soon!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable project! The cart is awesome! Love your choice of colors.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous work, Suzanne!!
    Big hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my -- your card and wheelbarrow are absolutely ADORABLE beyond words!!! Thank you so much for sharing your creations with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous creation, Suzanne!! Lavender and Lemon is one of my favorite Springtime color combos, and that wheelbarrow is fantastic! Very beautiful!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous coloring of course and love the color combo! What a fun treat container! Fantastic set Suzanne! Awesome work....always a treat to see what you have created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday to CMC! Wow! time has gone by so fast. it is hard to believe that CMC has been here for 2 years! I can truly say that CMC and your wonderful classes and personalized instruction has been one of the best things in my life! Thank ;you Suzanne!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  29. A great card and Easter egg holder Suzanne.

    Thank you so much for joining our Springtime challenge at Penny Black and More this month and good luck with all the great prizes on offer.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Suzanne. This is such a beautiful Easter gift and card. I can see you have put a lot of effort into creating this set and you have used some of my favourite colours. I love everything about it. Just perfect for our springtime challenge at Penny Black and more. Thank you for playing along in our challenge and we hope you will join us next month too.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the colors. I need to pull this stamp out and get coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty card Suzanne. Great colours

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aaahh, how sweet!! I love the pretty papers and what an adorable treat holder. Happy Birthday CMC, thank you for everything Suzanne!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Totally Magnolia awesome, Suzanne. I love your sweet lilac and yellow EAster color combo and Tilda looks so lovely on your card. I do so enjoy these fun Blog Hops. Congrats to CMC's second Birthday! Have a wonderful week.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are absolutely fabulous Suzanne, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful work, with lovely colours! Thanks for taking part in the Sparkles Monthly 'Mother's Day/Spring' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Suzanne; you really do make the most AMAZING items.. in addition to all your beautiful coloring.. another gorgeous set...

    ReplyDelete
  38. What an adorable little wheelbarrow, perfect for giving small gifts :) Love the card, your coloring is amazing and I love those glitter dots! Thanks for playing along at Dream Valley Challenges :)

    xx
    Khristen

    ReplyDelete
  39. Stunning creation Suzanne, love the little wheelbarrow. Thank you for playing in our Easter challenge at Totally Tilda.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a cute card and the wheelbarrow is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  41. An adorable card and gift for Easter!! Thank you for playing at Totally Tilda this time!!
    Hugs
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous sweet Easter duo creation pretty spring colour combo lovely swirls..

    thanks for sharing at Totally Tilda chall this time

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sorry forgot to say thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda, we're so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous card!

    thank you for joining in the fun with us at SMC for our " Mothers day/Spring " challenge

    Hope you will join us again soon
    Good luck in the draw

    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover