Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Splish, Splash I was takin’ a Bath!!

Happy Day to you or night or weekend….whatever it shall be for you!!  I am in CRAZED mode for the next couple of days till we leave on Friday afternnon…projects to finish up, laundry to do, errands to run and bags to pack.  Why?? Cuz’ we are leaving Friday for a week in Hilton Head Island, SC for Spring Break…and as usual..I have to pack for everyone and get the house ready to leave..find people for the animals…and on & on & on LOL!  So yup I gots lots to do…then the family will come and get in the car and say “let’s go” like the darn truck done packed itself…you feelin’ me?  LOL..yes its terrible but I am always the vacation planner, packer and doer…every darn time…but truth be told if I left it up to hubby I’d be wearing the same shorts and undies all week and he woulda left half my stuff at home…not good.  So for the 18th year in a row I will take the reins and get us where we need to go…sigh..even if I lose a few hairs and feel like I may have a heart attack at any moment.  That’s what vacation is for ‘eh? Winking smile  But yeah I will have a few posts while I’m gone so no worries…I got my projects done in time hee hee and I will be posting pictures and stuffs for ya!

And hey, hey, hey….do NOT forgot that Sunday, April 1st is the ACM Awards…that’s the Academy of Country Music Awards…it’s a FABULOUS time of year folks…well for us country folks!  I am tivoing it but we will be watching it LIVE as well…I already informed the hubby that we must be planted in front of the TV that nite..so I can siiiiiing along and screammmmmmm along with the singers LOL!  I will also be on Facebook and Twitter…writing and noting my opinions on everything…wardrobe, looks, songs, speeches, etc…in case you are interested in any of my ramblin’ thoughts LOL!  And YES YES Luke Bryan is performing along with my Tim McGraw, Zac Brown Band and more….mmmmhmmmm Luke-y will be on my TV..yes indeedy hahaha!

NewsBitz:

-SCACD has a new release on Friday…sneak peeks are up on the STORE BLOG and you can enter for the yummy Blog Candy while you are there!

-For those that want to come see me and take my Copic classes (including a NEW ‘All About Hair’ Class) this fall in Ontario…I will be at the Younique Retreats in Guelph and registration is up now at www.cmcroad.com !

******************************************************************

Splish, Splash!!


 Oh yeah…I hear y’all singing…sing it with me now…”Splish, Splash I was takin’ a bath..on about a Saturday night….a rub-a-dub relaxin’ in the tub” (by Bobby Darin)!  How can you NOT sing that song…and don’t blame me if you cannot get it out of your head today hee hee!  Anywho, I was singing it while making this bubbly card using some super sweet Magnolia Stamps from the new Princes & Princesses Collection at Magnolia-licious My kids loved taking bubble baths, super messy-sudsy bubble baths in our deep jacuzzi tub when they were little.  I would play music and they would sing and play for a long time…they loved it…however the mess, well that’s no fun hahaha!

I'm entering this into the following fab challenges:




I used the cute “Tilda in Bath Cap” and “Bathtub” (you can also get these in mini stamps form here) on my project today.  My papers were scrap but the ducky paper is from Magnolia for this collection and available at Magnolia-licious HERE.  I wanted to keep a bubbly feeling throughout so I used all circles, matted with circles and also cut circles from transparency sheets and then embossed them.  After embossing with a dotted folder I added some stardust Stickles to a few of the dots for sparkle.

The “SPLASH” was created using my Slice machine – I hadn’t used it in over a year, so I was pretty proud of myself hahaha!  I’ve got to use it more often but I sponged the letters and then added Stickles to every-other letter.  The bubbles were created with a mix of white Liquid Applique (puffed up), white Bella Baubles and Diamond Glaze..a perfect mixture for a sudsy bath feeling!  Tilda was colored with Copics and then the tub got a hefty coating of Diamond Glaze for shine.  That cute lil’ ducky next to Tilda…I cut it out of the patterned paper and coated it with Diamond Glaze and popped it up with dimensionals.




I’ll see you back here on Friday with a project for the NEW SCACD Release!  Have a Goodie!

31 comments:

  1. I'm the same with my cricut - it's become a very expensive dust gatherer!

    LOVE your card! Gorgeous colours and design, love the sweet image and your fabulous colouring. Thanks for playing along with my WNW challenge this week :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is PERFECT!!! I love all the bubbles and your colouring is amazing as usual!!! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is just so adorable Suzanne! Love how you used the new dp's and the bubbles are fabulous. Enjoy your vacation with the family - get lots of rest (ya right!) and enjoy some good beach weather...hugs...Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the coolest cards I've ever seen! I am in awe! :^)
    Have a wonderful vacay--it will be fun for you to get away with your family again.
    (And my Cricut collect dust, too!)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! This is gorgeous!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH!!!! You have a winner here!!! So so cute!! Love all of the details girlie!! Have fun on your time away with your family. Big hugs...........

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute! Love the bubbles and the duck paper.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning Suzanne, just perfect, Have fun on your holiday
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhh this is just so adorable... Love how you detailed the bubbles...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. Beautifully put together. I love your coloring.
    Have a great holiday with the family and come back refreshed. looking forward to photo's and funny stories.
    hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card Suzanne. Your work is always so very inspiring. I wish I were one quarter as good as you. And hey the ACM's, this gal is definitely going to be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is outstanding! I love the new papers with the tub and Tilda. Your layout is awesome too. I am in the same shoes you are, just arrived at our hotel after a 10 hour car drive. I have to do it all but now I am relaxing. I hope you have fun too, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SOOOOO stinkin' cute, Suzanne! This has to be one of my all-time favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute. Love all the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute card Suzanne. I love the extra "bubbles" that you added as well. Love the soft, pretty colors you used too. Have a great time at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is so very sweet. What an awesome idea you cut out the cute little ducky by Tilda. Very sweet touch :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is stunning! Lots of work gone into it, and it shows!! Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy for the challenge.
    Margy

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! I hear you on the packing for the trips.... I think men just think it is the woman's job.
    I love the card! This is one of my favs! Adorable! I love everything about it! Especially those darling bubbles! Brings back such good memories!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your posts make my day! A beautiful card. I love the bubbles and your soft, sweet coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darling card, Suzanne. Lovely coloring as usual and those chickies and bubbles are fabulous.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so cute. Love the bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card! =)
    Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy! =)
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful design. What a great idea to add pearls as bubbles. Lovely colors and beautiful details, I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How lovely
    Thank you for joining us at DS4J this fortnight
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Suzanne, your card is absolutely darling, and so beautifully put together - I love all the elements!
    Thanks for joining us our our Blue Water challenge at Digistamps 4 Joy! We hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    DT LEAD

    ReplyDelete
  26. How gorgeous! Now that song will be in my head all day. LOL I love your coloring, and the adorable duckie paper, and those bubbles you created are fabulous!! Thank you for playing along with us at Digistamps 4 Joy!

    xx Star

    P.S. If you are a member of CDAC's Digistamps 4 Joy group (or join before the end of the challenge) and post a link to your card in the Gift discussion of the group, you will automatically get a new, unreleased Digistamps 4 Joy image for FREE! Visit the group here.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm blaming you! I can't get that song out of my head now lol
    Stunning card Suzanne, I adore Tilda and this is just toooooo gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing at the Diva's this week for the Stamp Something challenge and good luck
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  28. absolutely loving this card and those 3-d bubbles are fabulous...thanks for joining in the circle and dot challenge at Shopping our Stash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is beautiful. Love the way you gave life to the bubbles. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous card Suzanne, love the layout and the bubbles are fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us over at SOS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Suzanne! This is so sweet and love all your bubbles! Really cute card!!! have a wonderful vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover