Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Break Beach Vacay!!!

Hellooooo everyone & a happy Wednesday to you!!  I am soooooo excited…between the fabulous spring weather we’ve been having (which I love) and my upcoming trips…I feel GOOD Winking smile  Tomorrow I’m picking Alexa up from school early to head down to my parents, nab my mom and head to Charlottesville, VA for 2 days.  On Friday we will spend the day in Charlottesville having fun and then that night I got tickets to see Jason Aldean & Luke Bryan…YEEHAWWWW!  I cannot wait…this gal is super excited!!  Gonna be an excellent night for sure!  Then we leave at 5 am on Saturday morning to get Alexa to her chorus festival competition at 10:30 am LOL…so I will be a bit tuckered out on Saturday.  But that’s ok cuz next Friday starts Spring Break for us and we are headed to Hilton Head Island, SC for 8 days…fun in the sun…on the beach…no work…just fun…and more fun..LOL!  I always love spending time down in Hilton Head and this year we switched it up..usually we spend 2 weeks at a rented house in Hilton Head.  But this summer we are doing 2 weeks in the Hawaiian Islands instead…we had such a great time there last year that we wanted to go to Kauai and Oahu for 2 weeks instead of SC again. I’m looking forward to lots of quality family time, fresh pineapple, maybe some surfing again, hiking, tanning, relaxing and more cuz…my kids have football camp and cheerleading camp this summer so I’m going to enjoy the time I have with them while I can.  Cuz’ before you know it August is here and school’s back in session…but of course by then I will be ready for them to be back IN school LOL!  And then I will have to FACE the fact that both of my kids will be in highschool…YIKES!  Alexa will be a junior and Riley will be a freshman….man before you know it my kids will both be in college…ackkkk!  I’m feelin’ old….well I’ve been feelin’ old for awhile…but I can deal with it…yeah I can!  Some days I wake up and go Oh Lordy…but then I think…you know what?  I’m gonna rock this 90 year old feeling body today and I get my arse up out of bed & deal with it LOL!  And the day goes on…….and on…..LOL!

NewsBitz:

-Today is Day 3 of the Birthday Celebration at the CMC Classroom and things are still festive!  If you haven’t participated in the other day’s challenges/games…don’t worry…you have until March 28th to complete all the challenges and get them entered.  If you do one challenge each day you will be entered to win the prizes for that day *AND* entered for the Grand Prize Sizzix Vagabond!  So hop on over there & have some fun ok…everyone is welcome to join in the fun!!!  Its all GOOD!

-Are you coming to the OutLawz Retreat in Baltimore in May?  I’m teaching and I’ll be there hanging out and having fun…if you want to come you can find more details at www.cmcroad.com!  You can get a discount on hotel and there will be other classes, games, prizes and more fun that weekend!  So come hang out with us!!  Also my next classes are up for registration as well in CA and Canada!

***********************************************************
Spring Break Gal!!



 So to celebrate the upcoming Spring Break I figured I’d break out this cutie-pie from Saturated Canary…such cute digis to color…I just love them!  This digi is called “CaliGirl”…she is sooo ready for the beach huh?  I wish I could rock a bikini this good…if we all could be airbrushed and photoshopped it would be AWESOME yes? LOL…in our dreams….sighhhhh!  My friend Tina said she looked like me...hahahaha....that's a good friend for ya...either that or she was brown-nosin' for something huh? LOL!

I'm entering this bathin' beauty into the following challenges:



 


My papers are a mix of Teresa Collins and some other scraps I had.  I started out trying to follow the DeConstructed Sketch this week and it just all went to hell…errr heck….as most of my projects do when I’m trying to follow a sketch…I try so hard and then I just keep moving things around LOL!  The circle mats were made with SB’s dies…I cut the outside one and then put a smaller circle die to cut out the middle part…just a fun way to play around with your dies and make ‘em different.  A few pearls finish it off—the sentiment is from PTI.




This gal got colored with Copics…I love coloring these girls hair, so much fun!  I used E37,E33,E31,E50 on her hair!  Her skin is E11 & E00 and some R20 for lips and cheeks!  I added Diamond Glaze to her eyes and sunglasses for a nice shine and Stickles to her gold earrings and beach bag. 



See you all later in the week…have a beautiful Spring day and smile a lot and laugh a lot ok…gotta make each day great!!! Smile

32 comments:

  1. The card is darling! I love, love, love the way you did her hair! So, so pretty!

    BTW, I saw the photos of you in your swimsuit in Maui. I think Tina is right. CaliGirl does look like you. And you do not need airbrushing, silly girl. (If you do, then some of us old ladies need hurricane-strength help.)

    We went to Kauai in 2005 and loved it, but I must say I enjoyed Maui last fall even more. So much so, that we are going back to Maui for two weeks next month. Crazy, huh? But I bet you'll enjoy the contrast between Oahu and Kauai. Kauai is so laid-back and Oahu is big-city living--with tropical benefits, of course!

    Happy 2nd Birthday!

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzanne what a beautiful card, she is gorgeous. Love the colour combo sea and sand. Your colouring always amazes me, you are sooooooooooooo talented. Sounds like you gonna have a well deserved break and qualitity time with the family. Enjoy the "Luke" take care Engie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowwzaaa She look just so gorgeous ready for a Spring Break . Yeeppppyyyy
    Have a great time sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Suzanne. I love Krista's images and of course yours is colored perfect. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne, when I first saw the image I thought.....wow someone made a digi of Suzanne. LOL And they did!!!!!! You are beautiful inside and out and she IS you!!!!!
    Love the card....awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I absolutely love how you colored the image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! Gorgeous coloring of that fab image, Suzanne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne

    Wow!! I have to have this image, lol!

    Your card is amazing!

    Your colouring as always is simply perfect and I love how you have cut the scolloped circle dies to match her hoop earings.

    I would love to feature your card on my Pink Paper Paradise facebook page. Would it be possible for me to have an image to share of your card?

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! You have mad skillz on the coloring. Don't think I will be hitting the same beach as her, though. Hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're linky neighbors on Make it Monday and I had to pop over to oooh and aaaah over your brilliant card...amazing coloring job on this sassy little beach bunny. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hair!!! Fun image...I never looked like that, but I can pretend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! Such a cute image! Wish they offered these as rubber stamps.
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Suzanne- she is beautiful. Wish I had her body, too!!! Love how you color her hair- I will be studying this one.. would love you to do a tutorial on this kind of hair; it is quite the challenge! So glad you are getting away with family and in Hawaii to boot! Hope it is restful and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your creation is so beautiful. Love your coloring and color combos.
    Enjoy your vacation with your cute family.
    I hope your class in April in San Jose will be a go. My sister and I are signed up for it. She lives in California, but I'm flying in from Hawaii. We can't wait and I'm almost packed. Ha ha.

    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is gorgeous! Love that coloring! There is a paper crafting stamp store in Charlottesville if you have time to visit on the downtown mall (historic district with many little shops and bricked road). The name of the store is Paper Ink next to the parkig garage. Just thought I would mention in case you are interested.
    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card, Suzanne! Love this sexy CaliGirl image and I really love the way you colored her hair...Gorgeous! Your coloring is always fantastic but this one is beyond amazing. Great layout, terrific colors. Love it!

    Enjoy your vacation! Be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card, Suzanne; perfect for vacation time. She sure is a hottie!!! The coloring is gorgeous, you do such an amazing job all the time.......

    Have a great trip with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So stinkin' cute...I love her & your gorgeous card! Thanks Suzanne for introducing me to Saturated Canary...I love her images!!! I bought 2 of them yesterday & can't wait for the NEW release today! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous card, have a great holiday
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card. Love the colours and image. So glad I came over from MIM. Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great card Suzanne! HAve a wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful! Great Image & amazing coloring!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge & for sharing your talents with us! We hope to see you back again really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just so stunning Suzanne!! Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous as always along with your beautiful papers!! Enjoy the concert (Jason and Luke all in one night lucky girl!!)Thanks so much for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just beautiful and the image has been coloured so creatively. Saw it on MIM and just had to pop over to have a closer look.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have an AMAZING holiday with your family! I am heading off to Santa Cruz for 1 week with my family too so we are both taking a breath!! I love this card and we both know you can wear a bikini still!!!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have an AMAZING holiday with your family! I am heading off to Santa Cruz for 1 week with my family too so we are both taking a breath!! I love this card and we both know you can wear a bikini still!!!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a beautiful card Suzanne. Your colouring of the image is amazing and love the design also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Another wonderful card Suzanne, everything is so perfect!!! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh WOW WOW WOW! I want to colour like that, she is just absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Thank you for your lovely comments on my card, thanks to you I'm getting much more confident with my pens. So proud to be on your team!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a cute card! Thanks for playing along with The Sketch File for March

    ReplyDelete
  32. Simply put..... BEAUTIFUL work!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover