Monday, March 26, 2012

A lil’ Strawberry Pickin’!!!

Hello all my crafty friends!  Hope you had a fabulous weekend…I know I sure did!  I had an ABSOLUTE BLAST in Charlottesville, VA with my mom and Alexa.  We had beautiful weather and we toured the historic district after having lunch on Friday afternoon.  Then we of course did some shopping…how can you not EVER shop LOL just a bit.  Then we headed off to the concert to see Jason Aldean and the super-HOT Luke Bryan…oh-boyo is he a cutie Winking smile We had 2 teenage boys next to us in our row…well they were beside me…I think they thought they were gonna freak me out with their manic dancing….hmmmm little did they know huh? LMBO…yeah I totally out-screamed, out-clapped & out-danced those boys hahahaha…I have NO shame and I could care less what others think…its all about having a good time and enjoying the party.  I so outclapped everyone that my left palm was swelled up from hitting it with my huge-metal-zebra patterned ring…won’t make that mistake again…but then again it was pain well worth it hahaha.  And I DID enjoy it…they were both fantastic and Lauren Alaina opened for them both..she’s a cutie and did a really good job as well.  So what’s next on my concert calendar?  Heehee…well on May 30th we see the Zac Brown Band, then I have 3 more Luke Bryan concerts on my calendar between June and September..yep I’m gonna be a groupie..my new job title will be “Luke-McHottie Bryan’s Groupie Gal”…bwahahahaha…oh yeah!  Hubby just shakes his head…he’s such a good sport!  In fact we were watching “The Blindside” last night (with Sandra Bullock) and I so enjoyed it…my family had watched it last year without me (the nerve eh’) so I was catching up.  But they kept telling me that I was in it….Alexa said “ that woman is so YOU mom”!!  Well after watching it I will agree…that Tuohy woman just might be my twin here on earth for sure.  Her hubby made the same expressions I see on my hubby’s face every day.  I have no problem spouting off at the mouth..in fact when she yelled at the guy in the bleachers….yeah I’ve done that a few times…poor hubby just shakes his head and laughs…but he let’s me carry on.  But yeah she matches me spit-fire for spit-fire…it was kinda fun to watch LOL!  So if you haven’t met me before and want to know what I’m like…well watch the movie cuz’ that’s pretty much me tit-for-tat Winking smile  And to top it all off the boy the movie is about is a Baltimore Raven’s player…now that’s kismet to me..I’m a MD gal and a Ravens fan…so maybe one day me and Leigh Anne Tuohy will get to meet….god help our husbands and the earth that day right? LOL!

Do any of you follow me on Facebook...well you can...I can't say I post anything enlightening but I try to keep it fun!  Also I'm on Twitter...little one-liners a few times a day...its like having Random-Suzanne-Thoughts at your beck and call...yeah I know you were just DYING for that privilege huh? hahaha!

 Jason Aldean at top!  Luke-cutie at piano...he had a lot of blue light & smoke on stage so a lot of my pics did not turn out well...bummer! But I have this pic below from last time for you to drool on ok..oy vey...yeah he's HOT you can say it!

my Luke-y...sigh...drool...lol

And check out this new guy I found called Ryan Broshear...he's pretty darn good..I'm working hard to bring him to VA to sing..I'm on a mission! LOL..so go show him some love!! (his music is on iTunes too)  Here's his newest single HERE!
one of my fave songs of his below...forward to 1:35 to hear



NewsBitz:


-SCACD is back open for bizness after taking a short week-long vacay…hey we all need a break now and again yes?  And the store has a TON of new goodies in stock and there will be a fun new Release on Friday…so stay tuned!

-Want to take a class with me and play with other crafters?  Then you need to come to the Outlawz Retreat this May in Baltimore, MD.  I will be there all weekend and teaching Copic classes one day, Marti will be teaching Mixed-Media classes and there will be other fun games, chit-chats and dinners.  So we’d love to see you…go to www.cmcroad.com for all details!  Upcoming registrations will be London, Ontario / a week long retreat at Younique Retreats in Guelph Ontario in November / Stafford Springs, CT and Tampa, FL.

***********************************************************

Strawberry Pickin’!!


Oh there is nothing better than pickin’ some fresh, yummy strawberries at the beginning of every summer---I love strawberries.  I remember going to the patch with my mom when I was young and getting in trouble cuz’ I was eating more than I was picking LOL!  Yeah I was a country girl...I grew up on the water and in the country...surprise y'all...yeah I didn't think so LOL!  So when I saw this cute “Strawberry Girl” by Mo’s Digital Pencil I had to snag it.  Alexa had a dress just like this when she was a baby with a matching bonnet and her hair was just as wispy…sigh…and now she will be turning 16 in a few weeks…time flies eh?




I used some fun paper from both PTI (red polka-dot) and Cosmo Cricket…I love the combo of spring green, white and red together..so fresh and so SPRING-like!  Another cute paper that would work wonderfully with this image is by Best Creations called “Mama’s Kitchen” (its on sale too-30% off).  The white border was made with a Jumbo MS border punch.  The white flowers were made with a die from Marianne Designs (you can actually pop out the small holes in each petal, I chose not to this time for a different look)…layered with a flower made with a Nellie Snellen punch (I love my Nellie punches) and topped with a Prima flower.  The green leaves are flowers actually…I buy green flowers from Prima and then snip the petals to become leaves.

P1130926 copy

She was colored with Copics—R29,R24,R22,R20 / E11,E00 / YR24,E33,E31,E50 / YG25,G99,YG03,G20 / C3,C1.  I added a generous amount of stickles to her white dress and then a nice dollop of Diamond Glaze to her strawberry purse and flip flops for some glossy shine.  On the outside of the image I used my fave Inkssentials Blending Tool – I use it on every project in some way, it’s a quick-cheaper alternative to airbrushing and you can control it better too.  She’s a cute ‘eh?



Have an awesome week everyone!  I leave on Friday for an 8 day trip to Hilton Head Island, SC for spring break for my family…I cannot wait!

25 comments:

  1. You have an awesome life! I am happy for you. This image is adorable I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Suzanne! He is a hottie! LOL! Every time we watched the Blind Side my kids just squeal, "She is so you Mom!". Lol, I must be the older version of you! Too funny! I love this image and I too used to love to pick strawberries from the strawberry patch. My basket was always empty! LOL! Your coloring is fabulous as always! I am going to go visit Mo. You are such an enabler! Love It!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, I have to ask ... if you're like Luanne Touhy, is your husband like Tim McGraw? If so, you're very lucky because he's quite a cutie! And, yes, Luke Bryan is quite a hottie too. Thanks for posting a pic from the concert. Anyway, I love the Strawberry Card - the stamp is super cute. I wish I could put together such cute cards as quickly as you do. I'm lucky find time to make 1 or 2 a week. Thank you for sharing! You certainly inspire me to improve.
    Hugs
    Heidi K

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. Anything with strawberries just has to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely summery creation. Beautiful card.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute and pretty card. Thanks for joining us on the card caravan at The Hybrid Chick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Suzanne, love this cute image and gorgeous colouring, just beautiful.


    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne

    Fabulous card!! How cute is she?! Love her little strawberry dress. The flowers look so pretty too.

    Have a wonderful Spring break with the family!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww...she's so PRETTY! Perfect color choices!
    Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry, being sure to mention you saw them on Make it Monday, for a chance at our second prize! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card...and th ecolors are perfect...lovely imag...thanks for sharing at just some lines

    Tina
    dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really sweet card!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwww - how adorable is this?!? Love it - thanks so much for joining us at Just Some Lines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally act like a crazy person at concerts! I can hoot and holler with the best of them!

    and

    This little girl is too, too cute! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suzanne - this card looks good enough to eat! Thanks for linking it to MIM as it is beautiful and the colour combination so fresh and appealing. I love your copic work!
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  15. saw your nummy card at Make it Monday and had to come get a better look. Love the sweet Mo image and your fabulous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI!
    I just received my package of Cryogen Irridescent paper like you recommened and I LOVE it!!! Thank you for the tip :-)

    Hugs from Finland
    Sari

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a blast! I have to say Luke Bryan is pretty high on the 'hot-o-meter' LOL!

    Anyways, love the card you made, and the image is so cute! Your coloring is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is gorgeous! I love this sweet image. Your fabulous coloring really brings her to life.


    I am popping by from MIM.

    ~Cheryl~
    **Check out my March Blog Candy**

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photos and super cute card

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is fantastic!! Love your colouring and all the cute details! Thank you for joining Robyn's Fetish!! xx Lilia DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable image and supercute card. A stunning creation. Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a perfect strawberry card! What a sweetie. Thank you for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have you seriously coloured that in? Looks printed to me - great job! Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful card! too beautiful for a kid, LOL It is something I'd love to receive! the flowers are great, super coloring and LOVE Mo's images :)
    Thanks for joining us at Robyn's fetish Challenge Blog :)
    Susan G (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for joining in our Photo Inspiration Challenge at Just Some Lines! I love the way you have interpreted the photograph. Good luck in the draw.
    love
    Jen Leeflang
    JUST SOME LINES DT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover