Thursday, November 5, 2009

Polar Bear Hugs!!

Hiya Friends! Today I am off to celebrate my marriage with the hubster with my newly cut & dyed hair, hee hee for 4 days! So I will keep my chitter-chatter short & sweet for ya! Please make sure to read to the end since there is some important info for ya!!

***********************
NewsBitz:

-I know I promised everyone I would do a pic tutorial on the pop-up card--sorry, I ran out of time, but I will have it up next week for ya!!

-Susana's Store will be back open tomorrow at noon! So get your shopping on, lol!

-I'm having a Crafter's Open House on December 5th from noon until 5 pm---all details are on the post below! Email me if you're interested in coming--I'd love to meet ya!

************************

NEW Pink Cat Studio Digi Release

So today is another fabulous release of Pink Cat Studio Digi stamps for ya--Melissa has been a busy gal! I used this super cute image "Lily Riding Polar Bear" (Billy rides one too, hee hee)--I just adore the sweetness of this image--fabulous! I decided to make a round card and matching snow globe ornament! The paper is by Heidi Grace and cs by PTI.

So I told you I had many, many ideas for these BoBunny Clearly Party Favors, bwahahahaaa! And they make PERFECT Snow Globe ornaments---just trim around the edges and attach to your image--the Nestabilities Circles fit around these fabulously! I stamped my image, colored with copics and then cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals on the patterned paper. I added some MS Glitter Snow on top of the image and then covered with the Favor pocket--then added some cardstock circle rings (made w/ my nesties) on top making sure to sandwich in my silver cording on the back to hang! Cute, huh?!!! And VERY EASY to make and lots of fun too!

So I had to make a matching circle card--this would be a wonderful gift for someone! The only difference on this is I put Sparkly Fluff on her fur trim and some glittered snowflakes! I just love it!

So the second card has a special meaning as you can read below! But this is a new digi image that Melissa created specially and I created a baby card with. The papers are K&Co, image was colored with Copics and then I added stickles to parts! Gingham ribbon is by PTI that I just love! If you'd like to buy this card, it is for sale on my Etsy shop and to whomever buys it I will put that money towards (and match it) the Memorial Fund below!

This week has been a very sad one as DT member Sarah Anderson’s 3 year old son Henry passed away. Little Henry was unable to overcome a virus that made him ill last week. Lorie Ames has organized a way to donate for a memorial for Henry. Henry loved his local zoo and visited it almost every day in the summer. As a memorial, trees will be planted there in his honor. Melissa at Pink Cat Studio has created a digital stamp to help raise funds for a tree for Henry. All proceeds from the sale of the digi stamp, minus Paypal costs, will go towards the tree.

If you would like to donate towards the tree, please visit this webpage to purchase the digi stamp right HERE! Another way to donate to the memorial is to print out this form and mail in your donation directly--form is here!! Please write on the form that the donation is for Sarah Anderson’s son Henry. Once all of the money is collected, a tree and location will be selected. If you have questions about the form please contact Lorie Ames. Lorie will be in contact with Sarah along this memorial journey to ensure that her wishes are followed.


To contact Lorie, please visit her blog HERE! If you don’t know Sarah and would like to learn more about her, please visit her blog HERE! Thank you for your help to raise money for a tree for Henry.



See ya back here tomorrow with 2 fun projects for ya! Have a goodie!

14 comments:

  1. Suzanne both of your projects are absolutely stunning and how very generous of you to donate the proceeds of your gorgeous card.

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh and by the way! You've enable me to a blog makeover.......yours totally rocks and I'm on the waitlist now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty blog makeover too! Great projects - and I heard about that poor little boy :( My heart is breaking for that family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Suzanne, I just love that snowglobe ornament! Your Henry card is super sweet and perfect. I love that you are donating the proceeds to Henry's memorial fund!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne, Awesome projects today. I just love the ornament...so sweet. Have a super vacation..Lisa g

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the ornament idea! GORGEOUS! Have an awesome getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your time away!! Wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an awesome ornament project! Great use of the polar bear digi images. It feels very wintery looking at those ornaments. Beautiful! Your Henry card is awesome. . .what a great tribute to him. Awesome job on this week's release!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are terrific!! I just love the ornaments you made, so cute!! Very cute and sweet card for Henry too!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! Have a fab-o weekend! I LOVE the idea of the snowglobe using the Bo Bunny favor thingy - so cute! The round card is adorable too! The card for Henry is beyond words - amazing! I am sure someone will snatch it up quick! I keep starting to color the image and it makes me so sad to think that little boy passed. My boys are 4 & 6, so I guess it just hits close to home to think one day they are there and the next they are not. I am still working on a card using that image - just a tough one for me. ~Tori

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the snowglobe ornament! Such a great idea and you pulled it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your weekend away. Loving the snowglobe ornament and matching card. I can't wait for your tutorial. You did a marvelous job on Henry's card and I will keep him and his family in my prayers. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hun~ Hope you have a FANTASTIC time with your hubbster!!! CONGRATS on the Anniversary! :) BEAUTIFUL creations! Your ornaments are so darling!!! And I especially love your "Henry" card! It's super cute and you are so kind and generous to match the amount and donate the proceeds to the memorial! Henry's definitely smiling down on you! :) And I know Sarah greatly appreciates it!
    Lots of Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just loving the little giraffe image...but such sad news xx I will go and get one :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover