Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lotsa' Busy!!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today is crazy busy and I have 3 projects to share with you today, so I'll keep my chit chat short. If there are any details about the projects that I don't cover and you'd like to know--just email me, okay! I don't want this post to be SUPER long for ya!


This first card uses another new Whiff of Joy stamp that was just released. This is "Melinda Christmas Angel" and I think she's just gorgeous! I really wanted her to be the main focus of this card so I kept the details elegant but not overwhelming. I embossed the snowflakes on her dress and on the bg cs with gold embossing powder (the stamped snowflakes are from PTI's Snowflake Serenade set). I used flower soft in ivory on the fur trim of her dress for more texture(love this stuff, fun to use). The gold cs is shimmery and its from PTI along with the ribbon. The sticker snowflakes are from SandyLion. I also used my Spica gold and clear marker on the image after coloring her with Copics. You likee? **NOTE: For those waiting for the tea accordian box template/directions, it will be up on my blog this Thursday--thanx for being patient!**

Don't forget to visit my DT sistah Camilla's blog everyday until Oct. 11th and enter for her fabulous blog candy--a stamp giveaway everyday, so get on over there!!!


Today is another Whachadoin' Wednesday Challenge over on Storage Units, Ink and More. This week we needed to make an invitation using the newly released stamps. I decided to make a Thanksgiving Dinner invite. This is just a simple flap invitation that would be easy for you to make a bunch of. The rust and gold cs is from Coredinations--really fun fall colors! I used the leaf stamps from "Bountiful Harvest " set and stamped them w/ my Versamark ink and than heat embossed with a festive fall colored embossing powder. I stamped out the cornucopia from the same set and colored with Copics and used my nestabilities for the circles. I added a few stickles for some extra shimmer too--can never have enough sparkle even on Thanksgiving, lol.


Inside I layered cs and inked around the edges of the cream cs with my brown ColorBox chalk ink to distress it a little. Now if this was a real invite, my invitation would be on the inside here, but my lovely printer decided to run out of black ink today so I couldn't print it out for ya. Normally I would print it directly on the cs and then cut and paste. I embellished the inside with the pumpkins and corn from the "Giving Thanks" set and the sentiment from the "Bountiful Harvest" set. The invite closes with Basic Grey magnets and I used some fall colored fibers to wrap around for some fun texture! Such a fun and festive Thanksgiving invitation for you to send out to your guests, and it won't take ya long at all!! Make sure and check out my DT sistah's blogs today (on sidebar) for their projects too.


My final project today is for the Spiral Whisper sketch challenge that you can see here. If you do the sketch with any of Spiral Whisper stamps and enter you could win one of their cute stamps! I used one of the new Christmas stamps by Janet Roberts called "Millie on Reindeer"--I tell ya I just adore these "Max & Millie" stamps! I based everything on this yummy dp from Heidi Grace (I need more, I lovee it) and kept all the papers and embellies monochromatic so that the image really stands out. I colored the image with my Copics and then layered it on Soft Sky cs. The sentiment is from PTI's "Merry & Bright" set. I added snowflakes with my MS snowflake punch and layered cs and white glitter dots on top. And of course I threw some stickles in there too!

Wheww.....that's all for today folks, lol! Remember tomorrow I will have the template/directions for my tea box if you're interested and some other "spooky" projects for ya!!

Suzanne

10 comments:

  1. holy cow i must be the first one here! WOWSERS suzanne - SUPER gorgeous cards. i can't wait for my christmas angel to arrive. all three cards are simply wonderful!! LOVE all the embossing and flower soft rocks doesn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards. The first one is absolutley stunning. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my suzanne you have been really busy!! I adore all the cards but the Whiff Of Joy angel is my favourite. All so beautifully put together. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susanne-
    WOW girl you are busy! First, this WOJ stamp is beautiful, I still have not bought any but I am thinking I need her and mathew too!
    Your spiral whisper card, fabulous, I agree that paper is so yummy. Awesome work today as usual! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Suzanne! I am again blown away. All your cards are just amazing. The first one is just stunning, I can't wait for my new WOJ stamps to get here :) I love that flower soft too, I'm going to have to get some of that :)

    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. more fabulous creations! love the texture you have on your Melinda Christmas card and the blue tones on the cutie one. And the Thanksgiving invite is inspired too - shame we don't have a holiday to celebrate in the UK! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards each and every one. I love the textures on them all. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS card! What lovely work! You are a card making SUPERSTAR! I so need your autograph!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Georgous cards! The angel is so pretty and I really like Millie on the reindeer. I hope you feel better soon too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover