Friday, August 22, 2008

Spooky Sweets!






Happy TGIFriday!! I'm so glad the week is ending--its been a long one!! I'm still feeling a little under the weather with this summer cold, but hopefully its on its way out! I never get sick in the summer--YUCK--go figure! We don't have any major plans this weekend--yippee--just hanging out (maybe some uninterrupted craft time)! The weather is supposed to be beautiful again, but no rain in site (3 wks & counting here). Hope you all have some great plans for one of the last weekends of summer.


Continuing with my fall theme this week I just had to use my new stamps from Paper Trey Ink. I also wanted to use some of those "800" coasters I have (read below post) too. This is a simple gift set to put together; the box took the longest to put together, not hard just time consuming. I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch holes in all my coasters and then covered the outsides with Cosmo Crickets "Haunted" dp line. The coasters are held together with black ribbon (Michaels). I love this new set from PTI called "Spooky Sweets 2" which coordinates with last year's "Spooky Sweets 1" stamp set. I used 3 stamps on the box (scrolly circle, bat and sentiment)--the bat is from set #2 and I stamped it, cut it out and popped it up w/ dimensionals. The entire circle was cut with my nesties and then I added black stickles to the bat and some parts of the circle scrolls for lotsa sparkle.


The circle card was made with my scalloped nesties out of SU cs. I added the same dp to the front and stamped the black cat into the scrolled circle this time and used a small sentiment from set #1. Again I added black stickles and popped the circle up w/ dimensionals--the lt. orange twill (from Taylored Expressions) was tied around the card and the bag of candy. I just love these round cards--fun to look at and fun to make.


I think this gift set is Halloween Elegance personified--whatcha think? I really love how it turned out and I used 5 more coasters--yippee for me--LOL!! Hope you like it too. Make sure and check out all of PTI's new releases--they are really fab and so versatile (no I do not design for them or work for them--but love their products, and have most of them--heehee).


That's all for me--hope you have a great Friday!! I will be back to post the winner of my blog candy at 2 pm (I hope I can get that random number generator to work for me w/o alot of trouble)!!


Suzanne

6 comments:

  1. gosh.. this is adorable!!!
    love this entire set.. Suzanne this must have taken so much time ohhh but is so pretty
    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. suzanne.. thanks for adding me to your blog roll.. i will do the same with yours
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE LITTLE BOX!! Ahh!! I think I'm going to have lunch at Chili's so I can take a bunch of their coasters!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful....I love these---fantastically designed...you rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done amazing things with this set! You are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto what everyone else said. I love this set and what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover