Monday, November 14, 2011

Feeling Chilly?

Hello all my friends and a very happy week to you all!  I am home from my trip to Chicago and I must say this ole’ girl is BEAT, whipped, LOL!  That was my last batch of classes this year and I had a blast up there in Bloomington, IL and a big thank you to all the ladies for coming out.  And a bigger thank you to Lisa M. the owner of Keepsake Element for hosting me and entertaining us at dinner! This was Alexa's first time to Illinois & Indiana :)  Alexa and I spent Sunday in downtown Chicago spinning around the town.  The weather was beautiful & in the 70’s but the 50 mph winds not so much—my hair was so knotted LOL.  We drove down to the Navy Pier after passing all the tail-gaters at the Chicago Bears football stadium (go Bears right)!!  We got some Chicago goodies (Alexa collects snow globes and I always bring her home one wherever I am), got Riley some Bears goodies and we ate some yummy Garrett’s popcorn.  Then we took a taxi to Millenium Park and walked around, played around with the Cloud sculpture (very cool) and then we spotted a Dunkin’ Donuts. Ok, ok yes I, Suzanne, spotted Dunkin Donuts, hee hee and had to fuel up with some Boston Kreme goodies Winking smile I know those of you who have been in class with me or know me well know that I am a junk food junkie and live on sugar, cheese doodles & Cherry Coke—gosh I can’t hide anything from y’all huh?  And guess what was on the next block?  Yep a 9-story Macy’s—umm we are two girls who can shop so we had to run in for a bit.  I will say we controlled ourselves and I came out with a fabulous new and black coat and a shirt for Alexa (see I can show restraint).  Then we headed back to Navy Pier and had an early dinner at Harry Carey’s (my 4th visit to this restaurant in different locations, always yummy) and watched some football games.

Then it was back in the car for the VERY LONG drive home, LOL!  I do believe my car levitated off the road a few times in Indiana from the wind, but the weather was clear and not much traffic which was nice.  And Glinda the GPS has NO crack episodes, thankfully --- so there were NO side trips to Canada this time LOL!  So almost 13 hours, 32 roadkill remnants, 6 Walmart spottings, and multiple swerving tractor-trailers later we arrived home at 3:40 am.  I was so tired I could barely get out of the car and up the stairs to bed.  Alexa was out 5 mins after falling in bed and YES I did make her go to school---hey that was our agreement and I’m pretty strict about school stuff.  So all in all Alexa enjoyed herself and would like to make herself my permanent travel buddy but I’m thinking that’s not going to happen hee hee.  But I will try to bring the family on another trip next year---I think it was fun for Alexa to see me working and I think she appreciates what I do just a bit more.  She even joined in and colored an image (she did good too) and I’ll share it with y’all this week Smile I am slammed this week with shooting videos for CMC Class 5, releases and computer stuff---so if you don’t hear much from me on FB and Twitter it may be because my craft room has SWALLOWED me up (yikes)!

Our Chicago Slideshow: (if you are a subscriber click HERE to see)



NewsBitz:

-SCACD has a new release coming out Friday and there is yummy Blog Candy to be had over at the store blog here starting today!!

-7 Kids College Fund has all kinds of new goodies in stock right now including the new CC Designs stamps and the fabulous new Diamond Range Flower Soft (very cool)!

*********************************************************

Get Chilly!!

P1120623_edited-1

Today I’m sharing a brrrrrrrrrrrrr….chilly project with you so I hope you have some hot cocoa and a blankie nearby Smile  This is my project for my current Mix It Up Monday I have over at StampTV—everyone is welcome to join in and you can use any image you’d like!  It’s all about “Making it SNOW”—so any project that makes you feel chilly, cold or snowy qualifies!  I also have an optional sketch up that you can use too!

I used this super cute penguin image from the newest Gina K StampTV Kit “Wishing You Joy”!  The Dean household has two obsessions in the wintertime---penguins and snowmen—we love them, I hoard them and have them in all shapes and sizes LOL!  So this lil’ penguin just warmed my heart <3  My papers are all from my scrap bin (gotta love that), I used my sketch for the challenge and added some MS snowflakes coated with MS snow glitter and buttons tied off with Baker’s Twine.

P1120621_edited-1

This lil’ cutie got colored with Copics – C1,C00 / BG72,BG11,BG10 and then I gave his scarf polka-dots with my black Spica Pen.  He got a huge coating of Diamond Glaze to make him nice & shiny!

P1120626_edited-1

Hope you got a lil’ chill today from my project, hee hee and hope you’ll join in on my challenge too if you get a chance.  Have a great week and I’ll see you back here this week with some new releases from SCACD, I Brake For Stamps and Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps!



9 comments:

  1. Brrr Suzanne this is a cold one, but hes so cute Ilove it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne, Sounds like you guys had a great time in Chicago! Well done you driving in the wind too, I hate when it feels like the car is going to be blown away - scary! Love today's card, really cute and definitely getting that chilly feeling! Brrrrrrrilliant! Lyns xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the penguin card. What a wonderful experience for Alexa. You are "super" mom. Glad you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Looks like you and Alexa had a fun time in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors and coloring and cutie penguin! Love the embossing in the background! Hey tell Alexa to leave ONE road trip for me!! LOL The picture of James and the cat cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Suzanne.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your blog! ALWAYS entertaining! The pics are great! Your creations/cards are pretty great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute penguin card! I always count Dunkin Donut Shops when I am on the road and of course have to stop and have one every so often plus a cup of their hot chocolate regardless what the weather is outside. Glad you had fun in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover