Friday, September 23, 2011

Pixie Dust

Happy TGIFriday my friends!  UGH--I am NOT an early morning bird at all and I am typing this up at 5:30 am at Dulles airport waiting for my flight to Kansas City.  NO sing-a-longs this morning LOL.  I plan on sleeping to Chicago and sleeping again to Kansas, got my blankie & pillow all ready to go!  I like to fly early cuz' the airports are quiet and hopefully the pilots are fresh KWIM (know what I mean).  And lets hope no space trash interferes with my travel--it would be just like the darn universe to throw that at me while I'm traveling.  I can see it now---actually I won't see it cuz' I will be sleeping hee hee.  Looking forward to classes and this is my first time to Kansas---oh hey maybe the Scarecrow & Tin Man will show up LOL (yep I've always been a huge Wizard of Oz fan).  I've got lots of friends I'm meeting and my pal Tina (crazy banana that she is) is rooming with me tomorrow night---tonight I'm going to dinner with some new friends and then hopefully an early bedtime for me as we have a full house both tomorrow & Sunday for classes.  I've been told to be on my best game err..... behavior LOL so I gotta get some sleep for that to happen LOL!  I fly home late Monday night--not sure how I booked a 6:30 pm flight but I must have been asleep when I did that, so I get home at 11:30 pm that night ugh!

Ok I hope you have a fabulous weekend!  If you are coming to classes, be prepared for fun, some dancing and lots of coloring :)  Hubby & kids are off to the Frederick Fair in MD since its the last day tomorrow--they always go every year.  I go on occasion but I got fair-ed out when the kids were small and even though its a nice big fair I can skip it every now and then (as long as they bring me home an Amish made Whoopie Pie LOL).

NewsBitz:

-If you wanna come take a Copic class or two with me you can see the rest of my fall schedule at www.cmcroad.com -- upcoming locations are Ohio, Chicago, San Jose CA, & Texas.  Then I am taking a break from mid November thru mid January from traveling so I can rest (lol) and gear up for the holidays.  But next year I am planning on hitting Vancouver, San Diego, Anaheim, Seattle & more!!  Stay tuned!

****************************************
Pixie Dust!


Today I'm sharing a project with you featuring those super-cute Sylvia Zet stamps for SCACD.  This cutie is called "Hope" and I have to tell you these gals are soooo much fun to color and their faces are too cute!  I needed some lively colors so I chose these fun prints from an older DCWV paper pad that I had bought ages ago and never used (ha ha story of my life 'eh).

I'm entering this cutie into the following challenges:

Southern Girls Challenge (anything goes)


Pretty simple layout and I used some of my new Cherry Lynn Designs dies (read more about them in the previous post) to layer my cute sparkly Prima flowers on top of -- the dies are called "Tropical Leaves" I believe.  These dies cut FABULOUSLY--one pass thru my Cuttlebug and they cut all the way thru each time, no shims or 2nd passes needed.  A few of the new Prima rhinestones finish off the card with sparkle.


And yep she's colored with Copics of course -- RV14,RV13,RV10 / Y23,Y21,Y11, YR23,Y15 / E11,E00 / E25,E50,E31 / C3,C1,C00 / E19,E18,E15,E11,E50 for hair.  I added Diamond Glaze to the hope chest's lock, all the berries and to her eyes for shine.  Some Stickles to her wings and shoes of course for more sparkle.

Did any of you have hope chests when you were growing up?  My sister did and she filled it with stuff for her wedding and house but I never did---I was ANTI-marriage (LOL) and anti-housewife so I didn't want to do that icky.  Then I got married and had kids early and did the housewife thing for 13 years---see you never know how life will turn out even with the best laid plans.  But that was the right path for me, I live with no regrets and am happy with my life even with all the crazy twists and turns.  I believe in always looking forward and never backwards--whats the point really?  But I think the idea of hope chests is cute but possibly outdated?  Not sure Alexa would like to have one either LOL!

Ok have a great weekend & pray no space trash hits me or anyone else this weekend ;) LOL!




26 comments:

  1. LOL, I always wanted a hope chest!! Praying for safe travels for you! Gorgeous card - could just stare at it for hours - the design is amazing and colored her to perfection! LOVE those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could color like you--you are so talented! Beautiful card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous card!! I am really loving those sweet little images!!!! You rock!!!
    My hope chest was actually my hubby's toy box that his godfather built for him when he was one! He revamped it, added some wood pieces for the back and it turned out beautiful! I lined it with gingham.. I was young heehee... and then filled it up with junk!! Magazines, books, anything that needed a hidden home!!! I loved it, and when my daughter was born, it became her toy box, then my son's, who abused it horribly and it met its demise!!!! LOL!!! I really wish we had kept it anyway and tried to refurbish it for the grandkids... oh well... aren't ya glad you asked about them??? LOL!!!! Safe travels!!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy Banana here!!! Can't wait to see you!!! LOVE this gorgeous little winged girl... how cute is she?!! I DID have a hope chest and STILL have it! It was all cedar but when I grabbed it back (it was in storage at mom and dads)to put in my bedroom at the foot of my bed... I added a padded seat to the top of it. Now it's kind of a storage/all tings piled on top thing. UGH! I just cleaned it this weekend, again... but it will fill up soon.. again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Suzanne! This card is gorgeous. Love the papers you've chosen and the embellies go perfectly. And your coloring...what can I say - jealous!! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges this week!

    Cleota
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Card.
    Thanks for joining in at SSC this week.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Fabulous work hun. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, this card is so cute and pretty :-) Everything about is is gorgeous
    Hugs
    Tasha x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is amazing!

    Have a nice weekend,
    hugs
    Thea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne, this is so pretty! I love your coloring of that sweet fairy & puppy, the yellow/pink color combo and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soo cute! Great coloring and combination of colors. I like the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She look stunning in these colours.
    Adorable card Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. whata pretty little card - the image is so sweet and the little flowers are gorgeous
    Thanks for joining us for our recipe challenge this week at MAWTT
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, does that really say what I think it says? You might come to Seattle next year?? That would be the best! =) Or even Vancouver, I could travel there... Crossing my fingers that we'll see you in the Pacific Northwest next year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So gorgeous card Suzanne,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning card Suzanne. I love the sweet image you have used and your gorgeous, pretty papers.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had one but the joke was it was my hopeless chest. Still have it too. Beautiful card. Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Suzanne! This is such sweet image and the colours you have used are fab! I hope you slept well on the plane!

    Thanks for joining us for the Things with Wings challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW this is a super card. Thanks for playing with our recipe on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. FAB coloring!! Adoralbe fairy image too!! So beautiful!! I hope you can join us for Link Up for Pink....starts Oct. 1st, we have $3K in giveaways.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card Suzanne, such a sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Suzanne this is stunning your colouring is amazing,hope you are keeping welll huggies June xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card Suzanne - the image is adorabole and your colouring is amazing!
    Thanks for cooking up my recipe challenge at MAWTT this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card. Love the layout. I particularly think the hair is fabulous!!!!
    Safe trip!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Suzanne this is absolutely beautiful!I Love the soft colours and sparkly flowers and your image is delightful, Stunning card!
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover