Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Old Man Sea!

Howdy friends and happy Tuesday to you all!  I am recovering from a very NASTY stomach bug that had me down and out Sunday night and all day yesterday.  It was NOT fun and hubby was home sickie-poo too!  Not to mention that my router burned out and I was a sick mess of a gal with NO INTERNET!  Yes! Needless to say I had a bit of a meltdown, temper tantrum, crying attack and hubby went out and bought me a new router and set it up, LOL. Yes he is a Saint, I know, I know but trust me at least I worked all day while he laid on couch and groaned (yep just like a guy) LOL. So I’m feeling a bit better today which is good cuz’ I have a TON of stuff to get done before I leave including laundry and having friends over this evening for dessert. Yikes! Then I’m leaving around 6 am Wednesday morning for South Carolina to my friend Pat’s house, hopeful to not have much crazy traffic and arrive by 1 pm.  Ok not much chitter-chatter today sorry---I gotta run and get more stuff done, LOL. Being sick definitely slowed me down at a very inconvenient time—it’s always inconvenient to be sick ‘eh?
NewsBitz:

-SCACD has some awesome new goodies that you must see!!!  Including fabulous new Make It Crafty Stamps HERE! They are delish!  Do you love Viva Décor Pearl Pens? Then you need the new Magic Pearl Pens—beautiful opalescent colors!

-Don’t forget to enter for my Blog Candy HERE and see the other candies you can win at Copic Creations too!

-And oh yeah---my NEW traveling companion is below---he LIKES hanging out with me!!  You will see him LOTS with me this summer so stay tuned.  Cuz at the end of summer someone will win a HUGE $150 craft prize from me if you can keep track of all the places he has been 'kay?  So keep your eyes peeled, LOL!  Why Waldo?  Well my friends always say "Where in the world is Suzanne today" so that's KINDA how he came into my possession (winking at my Michigan gal pals)!
P1020512_edited-1


**************************************************************

Old Man Sea!

P1110299_edited-1

Today I’m sharing a card I made using a fabulous new set from Gina K called “By the Sea” illustrated by the talented Theresa Momber.  I made this card for a challenge I hosted for StampTV called Free For All Friday last week—you can still join in on the fun HERE until Thursday night!  My challenge was TO MAKE A SCENE using at least 3 stamps!  Gina’s sets allow you to do that easily and you can mix-n-match too!  I had fun creating this—I kept my dad in mind while doing it as it reminds me of him.

I paired up the pelican, sailboat, birds in sky and beach grass stamps for my scene.  I used Basic Grey's"Granola" patterned paper for my color scheme, I liked the more masculine colors as this card is for my father for Father’s Day.  I distressed and inked all my edges and added some sea-worthy accessories like twine, Magic Mesh for sea netting and some rustic metal accents.

P1110302_edited-1

The image was colored with Copics and I cut out my pelican and popped it up with dimensionals.  For the water I used Crystal Lacquer which is a clear glaze and while it was wet sprinkled Deco Art's Glamour Dust in it so the sparkles are suspended in the glaze.  To create the cloudy blue sky I used on of my most beloved tools by Ranger called the Inkssentials Blending Foam Tool---I use it everyday. 
I always have fun creating but lately I really have been having a BLAST making my projects. I’m so happy with my family, my life and my friends that I hope it shows thru on my projects---I think if I’m not enjoying it or having fun you will definitely know.  So I hope you like this one & it gives you some ideas! And don’t forget to join in on the challenge too!  Have a great Tuesday!

freeforallginak



4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Suzanne.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better today? Gorgeous card, Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better and your router is up and running!
    I just got that stamp from Gina K... haven't used it yet. Your card is just fabulous. I just love the water!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I hope you continue to feel better each day

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover